Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi, i need to be able to make the menu a 50% opacity black but keep the text white and same for the article content area. How can i do this with css / div ??

TomC Moderator

You would use an “opacity: 0.5;” property for the element you are wanting to make partially transparent.

Also, you might think about removing the background image within file path –> /templates/ja_mero/css/bootstrap.css <– at line 3690

gavner Friend

i already did that but it makes the whole menu transparent including the text, i want the text to be normal. see here http://174.132.53.220/~sony/

TomC Moderator

<em>@gavner 390427 wrote:</em><blockquote>i already did that but it makes the whole menu transparent including the text, i want the text to be normal. see here http://174.132.53.220/~sony/</blockquote>

Try removing the background image within file path –>/templates/ja_mero/css/bootstrap.css <– at line 3690

gavner Friend

i want to keep to background as it is now but i want the text full black.

TomC Moderator

<em>@gavner 390432 wrote:</em><blockquote>i want to keep to background as it is now but i want the text full black.</blockquote>
    That background overlay is messing things up, however . . . .

What if you were to try adjusting the opacity value within file path: /templates/ja_mero/css/template.css
    at line 961 …. to something like opacity: 0.75 ???

gavner Friend

i dont think it would be enough. Just to be a bit more clear, im trying to make the menu the same colour as the content area at the bottom, but with bold white text not black sorry.

TomC Moderator

<em>@gavner 390437 wrote:</em><blockquote>i dont think it would be enough. Just to be a bit more clear, im trying to make the menu the same colour as the content area at the bottom, but with bold white text not black sorry.</blockquote>
    Well, like I said, emoving the background image within file path –>/templates/ja_mero/css/bootstrap.css <– at line 3690 ​will help with this … .and then you simply change the text color within the same CSS rule.

gavner Friend

thanks it works

TomC Moderator

<em>@gavner 390619 wrote:</em><blockquote>thanks it works</blockquote>
    Glad to have been of assistance …. All the best with your continuing site development

😎

gavner Friend

As you about, another quick query. On my site link http://174.132.53.220/~sony/ the footer info will not center. I have centered it in the module but it wont move ??

TomC Moderator

Here’s something you can try . . . .

Within file path –> /templates/ja_mero/css/template.css

at line 2162, modify as follows:

p {
    margin-bottom: 10px;
    margin-left: 300px;
    }

How does that work for you?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum