Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi All,
    i think i was a bit premature in housekeeping, and i fear that i’ve deleted the default archive. When i try to access the archive via a month link (on the user end), i get a 404 error. The archive is still present in the back end.
    How should i get this back? Is the archive a section, a category, or other???
    thanks,
    m

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear mlewis09,

Do you really think it is template related problem? We might still try to help you out. But how and where can we view your problem? Please dont expect us to shoot in the dark. Please follow the support guidelines and submit your site url and login details. It gets quite easy to really check the problem in person and try to fix it.

Arvind

mlewis09 Friend

Thank you for your response. I’m quite sure this is something that i did – my fault. I was just hoping that someone in the community might be able to provide the simple answer of what i erased to make the 404 appear. The dev site is at http://www.cystinuria.org/cmsdev . I can post the admin material if you are willing to look at it.
    Thank you!!
    m

edit: the broken link is on this page: http://www.cystinuria.org/cmsdev/index.php/news

Anonymous Moderator

Hi mlewis09

I have checked your website and saw that you are disabling categories:

– Latest
    – Newsflash
    – Hot topic

In these categories, there are some articles. To solve it, you have to enable all categories and disable articles which is including from these categories

Hope it helps.

mlewis09 Friend

Thank you for the reply. I have enabled those three catagories, however, the archive insists on taking me only to the “Welcome to Joomla” page, and not to my archived latest news. If i unpublish the welcome article, i’m back to getting a 404 error when i click on the archive. I can’t figure out how to set the archive properties to show my archived news!

mlewis09 Friend

I should add that when i archive an article, the archive list gets propogated correctly, with the proper clickable dates. However, when i click on the dates, i don’t get taken to the proper archived article. I’ll get sent to a completely different article, of a different date – and one that is NOT archived!!

mlewis09 Friend

I’m still trying to solve this issue. Thus far, nothing i’ve tried has fixed the problem. The archive links tend to link to improper articles…

Saguaros Moderator

Hello guy!

That’s a difficult problem, we need to have the ftp and adminstrator account to check the issue in detail, i try to find and give you solution if possible

Thanks

mlewis09 Friend

Thank you for your response. The issue is still ongoing. I have updated my information to include the FTP credentials.
    Summary of issue = archive links are properly generated when news articles are archived, but the links do not link to the proper articles.

mlewis09 Friend

I’m hoping to take the site live very shortly, but need to get the archive straightened out before i can do so. If i can provide any more information, i will be more than happy to. The JA Halite installation of Joomla is the first and only installation i’ve ever done that has come with this problem.
    Kind Regards,
    matt

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mlewis09 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum