Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello All,

I recently installed Ja Edenite Quickstart on a brand new site. When I try to view the site I receive the following error.

<blockquote>404 – Component not found

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
    2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
    3. a mistyped address
    4. you have no access to this page
    5. The requested resource was not found.
    6. An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

* Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.

Component not found</blockquote>

I can access the admin page and use the admin back end but the front end will not display. Also, I tried to change the templates and that didn’t work either.

http://ghs.mrbenrud.com

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Todd

lcristian Friend

Go to Menu manager and Edit your Main Menu.

Look where is pointing the Default menu. If that component is missing or the link is broken,
    create a new Menu to point at Front Page or to whatevere component you want to hava as the home page.

benrud Friend

Icristian,

Thanks, that is part of the problem. But now I found another one. When I try to change the menu option to an “internal” article I don’t get the option to choose layout type. I’m take directly to the editing page and the Parameters (Basic) is empty (no options)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Todd

lcristian Friend

benrud,

Instead debuging problems, I recommend you should start over with a clean install and continue from there, since that site has no articles or important content.
    If I where you, I would do this from the very first problem.
    I don’t say this because I don’t want to help, but I am sure you will run into so many problems, that you will have to reinstall.

Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lcristian 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum