Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am using joomla 1.5.8. How can I use the three column menu? I think that the patch at the download section is for joomla 1.0. My website is http://www.alatsata.net/index.php and when I apply the patch I get a Restricted access message. What do I need to modify in index.php to have three columns?

Thanks a lot!

sunrise Friend

Hi geoaspro, Sorry, I have not worked a lot with Spica, so I don’t know how to change it to a 3 column layout.

But judging from the site, I does not look like you have that much content yet. Would it be an idea to use a different template. There are many 3 column templates that you can use “out of the box” so to speak, so that you don’t have to modify, and possibly come up with more problems. Ja_Iolite for example, has three columns and has some of the same features as Spica. I think it is easier to modify a few colors than the colums and layout of the template.

Good luck!

jsliao Friend

how did you try to apply the patch. you should be either using your hosting provider’s file manager or FTP the patch files to your server as per the instructions from this thread
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/update-three-columns-version-for-ja-spica/

remember to backup your orginal files before doing so.

minver Friend

I have done like your instruction but when I try to copy the file index,php into my template folder the message I get is Restricted access

:confused:

jsliao Friend

you should contact your hosting server on this. seems like a hosting issue not allowing you to upload files?

minver Friend

I do so thanks 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  minver 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum