Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello,

There seems to be a problem with JA Zibal…

On the 3-Column layout, there is no background on the left and right columns in the wide mode (just white background)… unlike in the narrow mode which seems to be the correct one.

Can someone help me out please?

Thanks so much!

Dennis

p.s. Sorry but I submitted this posting in the open forum under Templates first before noticing that there is a section for members only here. Admin, please delete that one for me… thanks!

Khanh Le Moderator

We have just updated the template. I wonder if it could help. If not, please post your url here.
    Thanks,

dennisebron Friend

We have just updated the template. I wonder if it could help. If not, please post your url here.
    Thanks,</blockquote>
    I just downloaded it over the weekend so what you have there (Oct 7) is what I already have.

It’s currently installed at http://www.exercise-and-health.com/joomla/, notice that in the narrow format, it looks fine but once you go to the wide format, the background for the left and right columns are gone (just white).

There seems to be something wrong with it. I tried to fix it but I’m having a hard time. I also just tried to put my own gray backgrounds in the wide format but when I switch to the narrow format, it gets screwed up.

Someone help me out please? I’m just waiting for your fix so I can release the new design to the live site.

Thanks again,

Dennis

dennisebron Friend

While waiting for your reply… I did download and tried whatever is there now and I’m sorry to say that it too have the same problem I mentioned above.

Hoping to hear from someone sometime soon. Thanks again.

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi dennisebron,

The background images for wide screen on your server is error (http://www.exercise-and-health.com/joomla/templates/ja_zibal/images/main-wide-bg.gif). Please delete the image and reupload it.

dennisebron Friend

Hi dennisebron,

The background images for wide screen on your server is error (http://www.exercise-and-health.com/joomla/templates/ja_zibal/images/main-wide-bg.gif). Please delete the image and reupload it.</blockquote>
    I don’t understand… please elaborate. What do you mean by delete? Just delete it? Don’t I need to replace it? Or did you mean delete it from the ‘templateDetails.xml’ file too?

dennisebron Friend

Where can I get the proper background images for the wide screen for 3-Columns?

What I have now is what came with the first download I did over the weekend and the latest download I did earlier. What you see on the site now is from the download I did a few hours earlier (see earlier postings).

dennisebron Friend

I just checked the background images that I have, especially the main-wide-bg.gif… they seem okay to me. I am, however, trying to trace it back to the index.php file and/or the template_css.css file but I’m having a little difficulty doing it. Something seems amiss.

But then again, I could be wrong… in any case, it’s just a thought and I hope it helps. Hoping to hear from you soon again. Thanks khanh!

Khanh Le Moderator

You need to reupload the image main-wide-bg.gif located in folder [joomlaroot]/templates/ja_zibal/images/. If you cannot do by yourself, you should ask your host provider help you.

dennisebron Friend

I did that already khanh… same thing! It didn’t help. I think there’s more to it than just re-uploading the main-wide-bg.gif file. I re-uploaded so many times and also installed and uninstalled JA Zibal too… with no success.

dennisebron Friend

Okay, I just did it again and it finally worked… Thanks!

It seems that the main-wide-bg.gif file is not getting uploaded when the template is installed. I had to manually upload the file after installing the template to get it to work. This is going to be a pain as far as maintenance is concerned for us later on. Is there a fix for this?

Khanh Le Moderator

It is not a bug. The image did upload and most of users install this template successfully.

dennisebron Friend

It is not a bug. The image did upload and most of users install this template successfully.</blockquote>
    Okay, you’re right. I just tested it again and it’s there. It’s uploaded with the template install. However, why do I always have to re-upload it after a template install to get it to work? We’ve been using several of your templates and we’ve never had an issue like this before.

In any case, we’re okay for now and thank you so much for your help. It would be nice though to get this issue fixed somehow so we wouldn’t have to worry about it for maintenance purposes later on.

Thanks again khanh!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dennisebron 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum