Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Description: i want to add an video in the middle of one of those 3 blocks. and shop icon on the blocks on left and right.

heres an preview of what i want, just want to show an video in one of those three blocks under slideshow.

1. CrayCray-02
    Phill Moderator

I think you would need to hire a freelancer to do that as our sidenews module does not support video.

grb media works Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 303319 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think you would need to hire a freelancer to do that as our sidenews module does not support video.</blockquote>

can i add an shop now button on the side news, like the preview i sent i want an shop now button, on there when clicked goes to shop

Phill Moderator

Again, you would probably need to hire a freelancer for your custom modifications.

grb media works Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 303356 wrote:</em><blockquote>Again, you would probably need to hire a freelancer for your custom modifications.</blockquote>

rather re-inventing the wheel then how can i create in that spot 3 module positions then so i can post modules in those positions…

swissa Friend

<em>@grb media works 304053 wrote:</em><blockquote>rather re-inventing the wheel then how can i create in that spot 3 module positions then so i can post modules in those positions…</blockquote>

I am the trainee to an apprentice idiot so I must always look for the easiest way to do things. Could you not just make a single html custom module, stick it in this position and style in from within JCE or the editor you use with padding etc? maybe that way you add the pictures and also the video that you want? I haven’t tried but is this not a possible solution?

grb media works Friend

<em>@swissa 304057 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am the trainee to an apprentice idiot so I must always look for the easiest way to do things. Could you not just make a single html custom module, stick it in this position and style in from within JCE or the editor you use with padding etc? maybe that way you add the pictures and also the video that you want? I haven’t tried but is this not a possible solution?</blockquote>

what i meant was that in that position where the slideshow news is, thats one position there is not other positions below it that are in blocks like user 1 , user 2 user 3 below that unless there is something in this template am not getting yet. am still going over the template.

swissa Friend

I think you want it to look just like sidenews but for it not to be sidenews. Is that correct?

I had a very quick play with this and it looked ok. You would probably need to invest more time than me playing with the padding but it does work.

Make a new custom-html module. Insert a table with 3 columns and 1 row.

You can now insert a picture in the left column and give it e.g 100 padding to the right. Insert an image in the right column and give it e.g. 100 padding to the left. You can then insert an image in the middle column and set its padding left and right to make it look how you want. Of course you need to make sure all the images are the same size to keep it looking consistent. I haven’t tried video in the middle ‘box’ but give it a go!

If you choose position “sidenews” and insert ” ja-sidenews-wrap” (with the leading space) into the module class suffix – this will keep it above slideshow etc, you should get where you want to be!

Please let me know if this works! 🙂

Bestens

grb media works Friend

<em>@swissa 304126 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think you want it to look just like sidenews but for it not to be sidenews. Is that correct?

I had a very quick play with this and it looked ok. You would probably need to invest more time than me playing with the padding but it does work.

Make a new custom-html module. Insert a table with 3 columns and 1 row.

You can now insert a picture in the left column and give it e.g 100 padding to the right. Insert an image in the right column and give it e.g. 100 padding to the left. You can then insert an image in the middle column and set its padding left and right to make it look how you want. Of course you need to make sure all the images are the same size to keep it looking consistent. I haven’t tried video in the middle ‘box’ but give it a go!

If you choose position “sidenews” and insert ” ja-sidenews-wrap” (with the leading space) into the module class suffix – this will keep it above slideshow etc, you should get where you want to be!

Please let me know if this works! 🙂

Bestens</blockquote>

i did this today and got it how i wanted it, i use the sidenews to only display one news for right side, on on other positions i use module to display images an video thanks for your input :laugh:

grb media works Friend

<em>@grb media works 304319 wrote:</em><blockquote>i did this today and got it how i wanted it, i use the sidenews to only display one news for right side, on on other positions i use module to display images an video thanks for your input :laugh:</blockquote>

the only issue am having is trying to get the images to be right where the slide is its too far down and i do got the ja-sidenews-wrap class into the module am still looking into it

swissa Friend

you will need to post a link please. Otherwise we are all blind!! 🙂

grb media works Friend

<em>@swissa 304330 wrote:</em><blockquote>you will need to post a link please. Otherwise we are all blind!! :)</blockquote>

from an testing server, heres snapshot http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/12843000/12843470_97f2_625x625.jpg

swissa Friend

I understand that you do not want to put the link on the forum. can I suggest you start a new thread for this new problem and then you can include the details for the mods if you wish.

From a picture I just couldn’t help you. Sorry.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum