Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am attempting to install a second instance of the Mitius template on my website as there are a couple of pages where I would like to make some slight alterations to the style. Thus far I have successfully (ish) installed the second template instance of Mitius using the guidance of the following thread:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-have-2-of-the-same-template/

and I have managed to successfully change the body background colour from white via template.css file (this at least tells me that the new template instance is working and being used). However I cannot get the news article module to show up on the page nor is the mega menu displaying. I am currently at a lose with the news article as I have changed the module position to the new template (didn’t think I had to do this anyway as the module positions would be named the same but I tried it anyway as it wasnt working) and it was displaying fine on the original template.

I have also configured the mega menu on the new instance of the template but it is still not displaying anything on the frontend.

It would appear that all other modules are displaying such as the login module, slideshow, images in position 5 etc. It seems to only be the news article and the mega menu not displaying. The only other thing that appears to be wrong is that the ‘back to top’ button is reading ‘JA_MITIUS_BACK_TO_’ before displaying the arrow symbol.

I have attempted all of this on local host to avoid disruption for my users so I will need to make the same alterations on the live server if you wish to see the problem for yourself. But prior to doing this I would like to know if there are any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem?

pavit Moderator

Hi

At first look at your question seems that you need to have also a folder in templates and also a file named en-GB.tpl_yourtemplatename.ini in languageen-GB folder copying it from file languageen-GBen-GB.tpl_ja_mitius.ini

deveshi Friend

Unfortunately this wasn’t successful. I will start making the changes on the live server as best I can and pass on the login details when it’s ready for you to take a look.

Thanks a lot for your help.

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>Unfortunately this wasn’t successful. I will start making the changes on the live server as best I can and pass on the login details when it’s ready for you to take a look.</blockquote>

Ok
    Please send it via Private Message and add also the link to this thread

deveshi Friend

Hey Pavit,

I’m affraid both of these problems was on account of user error. But, the good news is I’ve solved the problems though.

Forgot to select mega-menu for the navigation type under extensions>template manager>JA_Mitius>navigation and had a mix up with the articles in question not being published.

Embarrassing, but hopeful this thread may act as a reminder to avoid similar mistakes in the future.

Sorry about that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  deveshi 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum