Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Sorry, it’s kind of a long story. .

My old website was set up long ago by a dev that never actually finished the job even though I paid him to. It was under 1.6 and was recently hacked causing me to have to replace it with a new computer, linux install lamp stack and the latest version of joomla. (yes my own hardware, no hosting)

So I googled the template (Kyanite II) and bought a membership here so as to be able to download the template and extensions and perhaps even finish the job the old dev never completed.

Come to find out Kyanite has been discontinued (oh well, I guess. It WAS like 6 years and a bunch of versions old)

So my first question is can anyone recommend a template kind of like Kyanite II with the same sorts of features so that my re-learning curve is as short as possible

My second question is how do I register my domain to my membership? I can see that I have 0 of 3 used on my user page and I can buy more from there but I can’t figure out where to register it.

Thanks!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @daniel42,

Regarding the design, you can have a look at JA Purity II, JA Lime or JA Portfolio but in my opinion, those designs are built a long time ago and we changed the concept in new templates. If possible, you might want to replace your current site with a modern one instead.

About the license, you won’t have to register them. Each time you submit a thread and ask a technical question, you will have to specify your domain and that domain will be marked automatically as 1 registered domain.

daniel42 Friend

Thanks Adam.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @daniel42,

Glad to be of assistance. If you still have any question, please don’t hesitate to let us know, otherwise I’m going to close this thread now.

Best regards,

Adam.

daniel42 Friend

Sorry to be a pain but if JA Purity II, JA Lime and JA Portfolio are all "old style" What would be a "new style" template that would give me an image slider across the top, 3 to 5 image "buttons" beneath and a multiple story "blog type" listing on the front page AND have a mobile version automatically generated?

I have looked at a couple of the "responsive" templates and they just don’t seem to work that well on mobile, (not nearly as well as the old Kyanite II did anyway).

Thanks!
    Daniel

Adam M Moderator

Hi @daniel42,

Those templates I suggested previously are the most similar as Kyanite II. If you’re interested in another template but concern about the responsive part, please let me know the one that you like and clarify a little bit about the problem you saw so I can check it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum