Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I’have 2 simple questions about shopping cart layout:
    1) I don’t need billing information… how I can remove it?
    2) I don’t see the “terms of service” in the bottom of the page… i can see olny the checkbox

Thanks in advance.
    Valentino

1. question
    phong nam Friend

Hi Valentino,

I’d like to anwser your question in detail as follows:

1) I don’t need billing information… how I can remove it?

There is no option to hide the Billing information in the VM component backend so that we will need to customize a little to get your requirement. You just need to backup and move the componentscom_virtuemartviewscarttmpldefault_pricelist.php file to templatesja_hawkstorehtmlcom_virtuemartcart folder.

Open that file and remove 28-57th line:

<div class="width50 floatleft">
    <span><span class="vmicon vm2-billto-icon"></span>
    <?php echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_BILLTO_LBL'); ?></span>
    <?php // Output Bill To Address ?>
    <div class="output-billto">
    <?php

foreach ($this->cart->BTaddress['fields'] as $item) {
    if (!empty($item['value'])) {
    if ($item['name'] === 'agreed') {
    $item['value'] = ($item['value'] === 0) ? JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_BILLTO_TOS_NO') : JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_BILLTO_TOS_YES');
    }
    ?><!-- span class="titles"><?php echo $item['title'] ?></span -->
    <span class="values vm2<?php echo '-' . $item['name'] ?>"><?php echo $this->escape ($item['value']) ?></span>
    <?php if ($item['name'] != 'title' and $item['name'] != 'first_name' and $item['name'] != 'middle_name' and $item['name'] != 'zip') { ?>
    <br class="clear"/>
    <?php
    }
    }
    } ?>
    <div class="clear"></div>
    </div>

<a class="details" href="<?php echo JRoute::_ ('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editaddresscart&addrtype=BT', $this->useXHTML, $this->useSSL) ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_USER_FORM_EDIT_BILLTO_LBL'); ?>
    </a>

<input type="hidden" name="billto" value="<?php echo $this->cart->lists['billTo']; ?>"/>
    </div>

Change <div class=”width50 floatleft”> in the rest codes

to <div class=”width100 floatleft”>

2) I don’t see the “terms of service” in the bottom of the page… i can see olny the checkbox

You can try to go Virtuemart backend >> Configuration >> Configuration >> Checkout to make sure the Show Terms of Service on the cart/checkout? option was enabled. If the issue still persists after enabling the optio, you can backup the site and PM me the admin login info. I will help you to check this issue.

mediadealer Friend

Thanks,
    this fix the layout but when I click to complete, VM asks me billing information! editaddresscheckoutBT?Itemid=0

Thanks in advance.
    Valentino

phong nam Friend

Hi Valentino,

It is quite weird. I have reproduced the steps to remove billing info box from checkout page, and the template still displayed fine the order confirmation without requiring the shoppers to enter the billing info again in both Checkout step 1 and 3.

Anyways, you can backup the site and send me PM with the admin login info ? I will help you to check out this issue.

1. billing
    mediadealer Friend

Hi,
    same problem, VM bring me to this page every time index.php/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscheckoutBT?Itemid=0
    I think that should be that in the configuration I’ve decided to don’t ask any registration

phong nam Friend

Hi Valentino,

You can take site’s backup and send me PM with the admin login info, i will help you to check out this issue.

phong nam Friend

@valentino: I am sorry for being late on your question, your PM got burried in 2nd page of my inbox.

I can guide you to skip the Billing Information page after clicking Check out button, however this page is one of the most important pages on checkout process of Virtuemart component. Especially, the non-registered users who need to fulfill the billing info with full name, address, contact and cell phone, so you (shop owner) can deliver the purchased product to the correct shopper.

In this case, I suggest you to keep this billing page for non-registered users after confirming checkout. You can see that the registered users will not need to do this step.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum