Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded a site to 2.5. I think I have most issues resolved save for some formatting issues that didn’t transfer.

The main problem I have is with the Main menu in the main-nav position. The main links work but the megamenu items do not appear. Currently the site shows Main menu in position right set to display no pages as I don’t want it displayed yet and a Main Menu set to no position.

Obviously I am not clear as to where the Main Nav menu is set and configured in this template. It maybe an issue with the transfer as it was working.

Site can be viewed at potrerobeach.com

HeR0 Friend

Hi Aardcom,

Have an issue about k2 and mega menu when k2 load jQuery from remote?
    Please go to k2 config ( options ) and set load jQuery from local. This will make it work.

Regards,

aardcom Friend

I changed both
    jQuery library handling
    Backend jQuery & jQuery UI handling to load local

and voila…muchas gracias
    Thx

aardcom Friend

New issue, maybe related. When saving a K2 item or category, the screen defaults to /index.php and a blank page. I then go back to display the page and then click cancel. The changes are saved but two step process.

HeR0 Friend

You only need change jQuery library, do not need change jQuery UI Handling

Regards,
    <em>@aardcom 324958 wrote:</em><blockquote>I changed both
    jQuery library handling
    Backend jQuery & jQuery UI handling to load local

and voila…muchas gracias
    Thx</blockquote>

Please clear all cache and try save a K2 item or category
    <blockquote>New issue, maybe related. When saving a K2 item or category, the screen defaults to /index.php and a blank page. I then go back to display the page and then click cancel. The changes are saved but two step process. </blockquote>

Regards,

aardcom Friend

Joomla cache is off and T3 cleared but same issue. Whenever I save a new K2 article or category or edit some existing ones I get a blank page after selecting save or save and done in the backend.
    When I use the browsers back button and click cancel I get to the list view. If I reopen the item the changes are shown as they were saved. Obviously something wrong in my setup but no idea where to start looking.

HeR0 Friend

hi,
    Please pm me your site url and login account details. Also include this thread url in the PM.. so that i am not lost in all the pm’s i receive.

Regards,

aardcom Friend

Anyone…Any suggestions. Checked permissions and configurations but still get the blank page on save. Strange thing is it does save. SEO settings are on so maybe something there. Since the site is live I don’t want to mess with turning off and on unless necessary.

HeR0 Friend

Hi,

You should enable debug and set Error report to Max to get the detailed errors like you said.

Regards,

aardcom Friend

The only error that shows repeatedly in the logs is
    /administrator/components/com_finder/helpers/indexer/parser/html.php on line 33
    [15-Jun-2012 11:08:37] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function iconv() in /

The section referenced is

protected function process($input)
    {
    // Strip invalid UTF-8 characters.
    $input = iconv(“utf-8”, “utf-8//IGNORE”, $input);

// Strip all script tags.
    $input = preg_replace(‘#<script[^>]*>.*?</script>#si’, ‘ ‘, $input);

Not sure if this is related or if someone can recommend a solution.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Aadrcom,

It is notification about missing iconv() function, this means your server (hosting) uses php version that does not have n”iconv module” or “iconv module” is disabled. So, please check php information and may be you should contact to web-hosting provider for instant help.

Regards,

aardcom Friend

Problem was solved via a PHP upgrade and recompiling the php across the site to include the iconv module. :D.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aardcom 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum