Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

We’ve just downloaded and installed the QuickStart Package for Joomla 1.5. on our localhost.

Installation goes fine but the template doesn’t load or display properly in IE7.

However, it does display exactly as it should in the latest version of Firefox.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this?

Although we’ll probably be doing most of the development using Firefox, we test how it views in IE because that’s what the majority of folks use for a browser. So, we need to know that this is going to work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

scotty Friend

This is usually a clearfix problem. When you say ‘doesn’t display properly’ what do you mean? Can you provide a screenshot? or live url?

andreipopel Friend

It freezes IE7 or other IE variants, we must end procces…

davebau Friend

Works great in Firefox, but freezes in IE. This is CRITICAL that it be resolved

http://www.graybusiness.org

scotty Friend

I think it’s the way you have configured your JA Tabs. Try playing around with your settings. The problem only happens on your frontpage and it’s the only one with tabs enabled.

It is possible to configure tabs in such a way that it creates an un-ending loop and this will crash IE.

ShannonN Friend

davebau;116900Works great in Firefox, but freezes in IE. This is CRITICAL that it be resolved

http://www.graybusiness.org

Usiing IE 8 Beta here while it loads and doesn’t freeze it does do this – see attachment, also if you drop the hidden panel it drops the text and locks it to this position also when panel returns to closed position as usual in FF it works fine

1. 11-03-2009-8-19-20-AM
    scotty Friend

ShannonN;116910Usiing IE 8 Beta…

I think in the last template upgrades there were changes made to make them all IE8 compatible. Maybe the OP needs to download the latest version?

davebau Friend

I have the latest template release with the IE8.css file.

scotty Friend

Maybe this doesn’t work in ‘Compatibility Mode’ ? I uninstalled IE8 so can’t test.

I see you’ve disabled Tabs and site is working fine. Have you tried to change the settings?

davebau Friend

looks like it may be a conflict with JW AllVideos? I can’t change the order for Ja Tabs in the Plugin details screen to ORDER: 0 (JA Tabs for Joomla! 1.5), when I select it and click Apply, it changes back to ORDER: 0 (AllVideos (by JoomlaWorks))

1. ja-tabs
    bmusial Friend

I’m having the same issue, but I think i found the source of the problem:

After tweaking all the options, it looks to me that under Advanced Parameters > Height: when set to Auto, IE freezes up.

Unfortunately, setting this to a fixed height makes shorter content look absolutely awful, hopefully JA’s support can help get this issue fixed — I too have a site that needs to go live soon, but this is a critical problem that could block the launch.

NOTE: I’m using the JA Vauxite template.

JA Tabs settings as follows;

ModuleParameters Group
    Module Class Suffix: <Blank>
    Type Tabs: Articles-ID
    ArticleID list: <list of articles>

Advanced Parameters Group
    Tab style: barite
    Height: 700 <— when set to auto IE7 hangs (uses 99% of processor while trying to render content)
    Width:100%
    Tabs title position: Left
    Tabs title height: <blank>
    Tabs title width:240
    Animation type: move left/right
    Event type: Click
    Use AJAX: no
    View: Introtext
    Duration: 1000

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bmusial 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum