Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I have template at automagazin.ba

and it is extremely slow. So can anyone tell me what is “wait time”

I installed fresh copy of template at automagazin.ba/1 just for testing speed, and here is slower

Is this best what this can? Does anyone here suffer slowness or it is just me?

1. wait
    2. wait2
    3. wait_fresh
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    page speed depends on several factor
    external javascripts
    +external css
    + internal css +js minify .
    +images size (more images increase load time)
    +your server configuration
    + site caching (static+dynamic)

I checked the demo site on tools.pingdom
    Here is the reults
    Screenshot : http://prntscr.com/6g5n97

Here are some tips
    1. Enabled js and css compression from template options .
    2. http://www.joomlart.com/tutorials/joomla-tutorials/10-tips-to-improve-joomla-site-performance
    3. http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/tools-and-tips-to-check-joomla-site-speed-and-improve-performance
    4. http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla/joomla-speed.htm

Hope it helps you

jooservices Friend

Hi there @pankajsharma i’m here just to share some information 🙂
    # At first i saw you have bit heavy site size
    The page has a total of 103 components and a total weight of 4740.9K bytes
    For images it’s 3426.4K. Or you can consider to use image lazy loading.

Please consider to reduce it.
    # For most of static files like images / css / js you can host it on CDN. It’ll reduce your server usage and also speed up for loading base on user locations.
    Amazon CDN or Akamai are top service provide . But ya bit expensive
    #
    js (4) 419.8K
    For js it should be not higher than 100K / page.
    Please check your js source and consider which one really need than remove non used .
    Same for css
    css (7) 463.3K
    # Fonts
    font (11) 172.8K
    Are you sure you really need these fonts ? Reduce it would better.

That’s basic information i have found on your site.
    About server responds checked and it’s ok.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

stjohnpatrick Friend

I had high page load speeds, especially on the special blank template pages.

I solved by changing the category in the “Edit MENU item” settings for this page. I simply chose a different category and the page loaded much quicker. Odd I know but it worked. You might have issues with Category colour as a result, but there might be other work around to fix the colour.

nedzad grebovic Friend

Can you be more specific mate? thanks

stjohnpatrick Friend

I had high page load speeds, especially on the special blank template pages.

I solved by changing the category in the “Edit MENU item” settings for this page. I simply chose a different category and the page loaded much quicker. Odd I know but it worked. You might have issues with Category colour as a result, but there might be other work around to fix the colour.

1. skitch1
    nedzad grebovic Friend

Thank you, but here it does not helps mate

1. soslow
    felix1 Friend

Wow, my site is slower then 92 % of all tested websites… :((

When I tested my Protostar installation on the same server, my site is faster then 92 % of all tested websites…

1. slow-site
    2. fast-site

Felix Rimfrost

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@felix1 464149 wrote:</em><blockquote>Wow, my site is slower then 92 % of all tested websites… :((

When I tested my Protostar installation on the same server, my site is faster then 92 % of all tested websites…

</blockquote>

Hello
    Different template have different css/js files .
    + you can see if you will user Joomla Default template it does not loading your all data .
    As i mentioned in this post site speed not only depend on the template you need to optimize your images etc .
    Use the tips given in this post

felix1 Friend

But isn’t it remarkable, that Teline V is slower than 92% of all tested websites? I don’t have tons of images on the site, I’m just testing the site and it’s similar to the demo. I’m using one.com as hosting provider.

Can’t the dev team optimize the template?

Felix Rimfrost

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello Felix please take a look on the page size of your site here
    site speed also depends upon
    +images size (more images increase load time)
    +your server configuration
    + site caching (static+dynamic)
    +external links on site
    You need to optimize the site content .
    take a look on the suggestion given here

felix1 Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 464256 wrote:</em><blockquote>images size (more images increase load time)</blockquote>

But the whole idea with a news site is to have lots of content with lots of images. Shouldn’t the template been optimised for that?

Felix Rimfrost

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@felix1 464314 wrote:</em><blockquote>But the whole idea with a news site is to have lots of content with lots of images. Shouldn’t the template been optimised for that?</blockquote>
    How can a template will optimize the content .
    if you want to load site content faster you can use CDN to make site faster load .
    + use static/dynamic cache ..

jooservices Friend

<em>@felix1 464255 wrote:</em><blockquote>But isn’t it remarkable, that Teline V is slower than 92% of all tested websites? I don’t have tons of images on the site, I’m just testing the site and it’s similar to the demo. I’m using one.com as hosting provider.

Can’t the dev team optimize the template?</blockquote>
    Hi there
    It would reasonable
    – Teline V is “news” template. It’s mean lots of content displayed
    – So many blocked rendered.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

nedzad grebovic Friend

So this shall be common to other “news template”. But seems it is not the case.

I wondering what about pagination? How someone can list news, page after page?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum