Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hello folks,

It’s that time of the month again, when we’ll be sharing with you on how the upcoming template is going to be like. And this month, we are more than excited to put the spotlight on for mijoshop shopping cart component due to a high number of requests from you guys.

You get everything an online bookstore or any kind of store would need – a beautiful slideshow, featured blocks, ads, etc. Everything is organized and well structured.

JA Bookstore also features :

• Built on T3 Framework latest version
    • Integrated Bootstrap 3
    • Fully responsive
    • Support Mijoshop component
    • Support EasyBlog component
    • RTL Language Layout compatible
    • Megamenu support
    • Off-Canvas navigation for your mobile and tablet

Sneak Peek 1: Homepage

View the higher resolution Here

Sneak Peek 2: JA Product Slider Module

Sneak Peek 3: JA Accordion Module

That’s it for now from us. What are your thoughts on this? Leave us a comment down below.

TomC Moderator

I’m liking the overall look/feel of this. This idea/theme could be applied to books (as currently displayed), movies/dvds, music/CDs, software, or any number of other products.

As a bit of constructive suggestion … I’m thinking that, perhaps, a more “universal” approach to the logo area might be a good idea – as the logo space (combined with the layout/display of the main nav) seems a bit limiting at first glance. Also, even if one were to increase the div parameters to accommodate a larger logo, it looks like it would also affect the display of the main navigation menu – and might not be as visually appealing.

Perhaps if one of the color options was a white top/header main navigation theme – then modifications might not display as drastic and it would be easier to reposition the main nav menu without a whole lot of necessitated user CSS customization.

(hope some of that made sense).

joomlaexcel Friend

Looks great!
    Love the Mijohop integration!
    How about support for K2?

tfosnom Friend

When you say support for mijoshop I take it that means it will suit opencart as well? And for me no K2 support please, Joomla has enough core features now we should be using and let K2 die a natural death

Richard A Friend

The first impression is very good, looking forward to seeing more detail and glad to see no K2 (if anyone wants it they can always install it, but the core of Joomla 3.2 and EasyBlog is a far superior combination).

We will be launching an EasySocial community website with EasyBlog and MijoShop in January, if you can include anything community related in the default design as well that would be appreciated.

austenn01 Friend

<em>@tfosnom 401495 wrote:</em><blockquote>When you say support for mijoshop I take it that means it will suit opencart as well? And for me no K2 support please, Joomla has enough core features now we should be using and let K2 die a natural death</blockquote>

I think people need to remember that K2 is NOT just a blogging tool. It can do ANYTHING. We still need to install other extensions to Joomla core to get the same features that K2 has…so please, don’t narrow K2 to a blogging platform….I for one request it to be supported again…Most of the other template developers still support it.

I am glad to see JoomShopping go, it is horrible! That being said, I have used MijoShop, and it is a very very nice concept, but many of the extensions from OpenCart need modification to work.

Oh, joomlArt….PLEASE, i notified MijoShip, but your latest Bootstrap 3 framework/template doesnt work with MijoShop (IE: the layout gets all messed up…can you please fix this.

tfosnom Friend

<em>@austenn01 401979 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think people need to remember that K2 is NOT just a blogging tool. It can do ANYTHING. We still need to install other extensions to Joomla core to get the same features that K2 has…so please, don’t narrow K2 to a blogging platform….I for one request it to be supported again…Most of the other template developers still support it.

I am glad to see JoomShopping go, it is horrible! That being said, I have used MijoShop, and it is a very very nice concept, but many of the extensions from OpenCart need modification to work.

Oh, joomlArt….PLEASE, i notified MijoShip, but your latest Bootstrap 3 framework/template doesnt work with MijoShop (IE: the layout gets all messed up…can you please fix this.</blockquote>

K2 may be the best thing since sliced bread for power users that have been using it for years, me I don’t want to be “Forced” to use it because JA makes it an integral part of the template. Without which I miss out on 1/2 the means to display info. In this case I refer to JA Obelisk. Re mijoshop why not just support opencart?

charles99 Friend

I agree with “austenn01”

Mijoshop is a very nice bridge and works well, but people should understand the plugins and modules posted on Opencart website might not work with Mijoshop because of the way its designed! We have lost a couple of hundreds on modules and plugs that the developer said would work, but didn’t even after we send them a couple of the products we purchased!

Now if you are planning to use Mijoshop to run multi shops from, please keep in mind you wont be able to share your data across your multi shops, like username and password… There are a number of components on Joomla.org that will allow you to setup a subdomain and connect all your joomla sites together that will allow your members to use their password and username on all your sites.

“MightySites” is component that I use to run my websites from. It allows me to connect everything together and lets my members use one password and username across my network. But when it come to Mijoshop you need version 2.2.2 or you will not be able to use this component because of the way mijoshop is designed!

Now Mijoshop has a number of free modules, component and plugins on their website that its members can download, but to do anything major you will probably want to buy a number of modules from Opencart.com website; but keep your fingers cross in hope it works!

Mijoshop does come with a All in One Module that will allow you to use a regular Joomla Module instead of an internal opencart module for the categoies, cart, manufacturer, information, Best Product, and feature.

Mijoshop (Opencart) is packed with features that Joomla does not offer and has a internal Points System: A Reward Point System that gives people points each time they buy a product from your site. They can then use those points to buy othr products that you outlet. Mijoshop (Opencart) Coupon System is one of the best on the market and is built into the program. You can easily run 10 or 20 different shops from one install of Mijoshop, which is why so many people is using Opencart for their e-commerce needs. And once you learn how to install a Module, Plugin and Component building mijoshop the way you want is a piece of cake!

Now Mijoshop cost $59.00 for a 6 months subscription and $99 for 12 months. Tech support is very good on getting back to you when they are not on Vacation or Gov. Holiday. With that said I look forward in testing this template out, and hope Joomlart build more templates around this component!

One more thing there are other products on Joomla.com that offer a Opencart Bridge that allows Joomla to work with Opencart, but Mijoshop is more stable and was the first to connect Joomla and Opencart together… And all you have to do is just check out the reviews on Joomla about this product and you will see the developer has really created a stable and reliable product that will work with any Joomlart Template! So don’t wait for the template to be release
    take advantage of the Holiday discounts Mijoshop Developer might be offering in order to save a few bucks….

charles99 Friend

tfosnom,

Make a good point! Opencart has a large user base but has some very bad designed templates. So if Joomlart is looking a for another revenue stream Opencart offer you one! And by creating your own bridge that Joomlart could offer its member a complete solution for their e-commerce needs!

The best part of Opencart is that its FREE! And has more users than Joomla….

claudeir10 Friend

I was super happy to know that this JoomlArt adopting Mijoshop on your next template. I use Mijoshop. Alias ​​lot of people here in Brazil uses Mijoshop. I hope this template is really great. And you can bring in Responsive Mijoshop. For the default theme of OpenCart is not responsive. I hope JoomlArt has circumvented this problem and bring a fully responsive Mijoshop

James G Friend

Well done on choosing Mijoshop!

Charles99 does make a valid point about some modules being incompatible however you do get most of the main features out the box.

If you want a good import/export tool for products etc then i recommend the products on HostJars. They didn’t initially work with Mijoshop and in fact broke with the latest Joomla and Mijoshop update but they are very fast at fixes and have provided me with the updates before they are released to the public.

Look forward to this template and hopefully will have some use for it, or at least i’ll be able to maybe take some features and stick them in another template.

tom_laan84 Friend

This news just made the decision for me. I have been contemplating for weeks now on what to choose for e-commerce.

I love T3 and JoomlArt quality.

Hate Virtuemart and Joomshopping. It’s does not match JA Quality and standards. And support is non existant.

Now mijoshop is not free. but for the price, you can’t do without! NOW 30% off deal untill 31 december!

So better get it now i guess if you plan on using this template. I know i will.

Thanks JA!!!

tfosnom Friend

<blockquote>Hello folks, It’s that time of the month again</blockquote>

LOL, Not the greatest choice of phrase, Hung.

lmiksch Friend

I agree with Tom – I would like to see a more universal and much larger space allowed for logos. I’m thrilled you are finally starting to support Mijoshop.

Phill Moderator

<em>@charles99 402032 wrote:</em><blockquote>tfosnom,

Make a good point! Opencart has a large user base but has some very bad designed templates. So if Joomlart is looking a for another revenue stream Opencart offer you one! And by creating your own bridge that Joomlart could offer its member a complete solution for their e-commerce needs!

The best part of Opencart is that its FREE! And has more users than Joomla….</blockquote> I am not suggesting this would never happen but one thing I have seen from many moons as a member of JA is that Hung is keen to grow the Joomla world rather than to create competing components. Just take a look at the recent email Hung sent out detailing all the current discounts from other Joomla companies for instance. I am sure JA could create and support a superb OC bridge but that in my mind would probably reduce the business for those already doing a great job. Instead it is better to pull in customers who already use those other components such as EasyBlog, Joomshopping and Mijoshop and at the same time introducing new customers to those great components. While Joomla is a great business base for many companies such as JA, it is also still a community product and one which I feel Hung is keen to help keep the concept of shared contributions alive and kicking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Nazario A 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum