Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hello folks,

Lately we have had many requests for virtuemart and sports templates, so, we thought why not release both together. JA Hawkstore is based on our JM Hawkstore (magento theme) which was released last month.

JA Hawkstore template is powered by our robust T3 Framework and supports Virtuemart and K2 component.

IMPORTANT : For the time being, the template will be available for Joomla! 2.5 only, as Virtuemart component is not available for Joomla 3.0. Whenever it would be available, we would roll out the Joomla 3.0 version.

JA Hawkstore features :

• T3v3 Framework latest version
    • Integrated Bootstrap
    • Fully responsive
    • K2 and Virtuemart Component Support
    • Megamenu support
    • Off-Canvas navigation for your mobile and tablet
    • JA VM Product Module (specifically developed for this template only).
    • Will support at least 6 colors (including the default one).
    • Joomla! 2.5 (Joomla 3.0 version will roll out when VM is available for 3.0)

Sneak Peek1: Homepage

View the higher resolution Here

Sneak Peek2: Blog Page

Sneak Peek3: Contact Page

Sneak Peek4: Contact Page

austenn01 Friend

Hello,

I feel a bit robbed, seeing I along with every other Joomla developer THAT I KNOW has moved to Joomla 3..hell we just got joomla 3.1!

After looking at the Virtumart forums, its clear Virtumart don’t intend to release a new version until joomla 3.5. I dont know about you JoomlArt, but it seems every other Joomla developer has moved to Joomla 3 (and it is that good, as we all know, this is not another Joomla 1.6 or 1.7)..

I feel that the Joomla community should boycot Virtumart….Virtumart took a long time to release a Joomla 2.5 version.

If Virtumart doesnt want to support the Joomla community, and make us wait another 1 year or so until Joomla 3.5…, then thats not good enough!

Additionally, as I am sure many people here know, Virtumart is not even close to being the best Joomla shop, so why do JoomlArt and other developers continue to support them, if Virtumart doesnt support you!?

I would be happy with a HikaShop, i havent used it yet, but from what I have seen…I like it!

Since Virtumart doesnt intend to release until Joomla 3.5, does this mean the paying members of JoomlArt have to wait 1.6 years (including the time since j3.0 was released), before we can have a Joomla 3.x shop template from you? Do you intend to release a j3.x version of this template with no shop features?

This really erks me!

swissa Friend

Hi austenn01

Agree with what you say. It’s one reason why I avoid Virtuemart.

On a personal note I’ve stuck to using J2.5 and avoided using J3 – it is only an interim release and I’d rather wait for the long term J3.5. Trouble is, we all want the latest and newest shiny toys!

If you are up to styling css yourself Joomshopping has J2.5 and J3 versions and it is also now responsive but it would be nice if Joomlart could do a template where you can pick off VM or JS wouldn’t it?!

austenn01 Friend

I would be happy to wait if it was a Joomla 1.6, 1.7 scenario, but the fact is Joomla 3 is probably the best open source web platform in the world right now, and its stable…..It really is ‘that good’.

The fact of the matter here is this:

The major players in the Joomla community, they release versions of their extensions/templates soon after the j3.0 release, and the same happened with j1.6 and j1.7. The ONLY major player that didnt support the community was Virtumart, and if my memory serves me correct, they didnt have a j2.5 version until some time after J2.5 was released (please correct me if I am wrong here).

Virtumart is “suppose” to be the 1st eCommerce solution that Joomla users turn to for a web shop, but if they are not supporting J3.x how can they be.

if i remember correctly, even on the Joomla website, they recommend upgrading to J3.x over the LTS 2.5.X.

I would be quite happy to pay a subscription fee to virtumart if they would bring a good product to market and on time…

Maybe JoomlArt know a little more about when it will be released….all i can say also, is all the developers that develop for Virtumart, they are loosing money because of this, and template developers like JoomlArt are going to cop the flack because they are not providing monthly templates anymore for us Joomla 3.x users…so where is our value for money?….but i fell for JoomlArt in this situation….at least Gavick is releasing a J3.x version without Virtumart and shopping features, so at least they are providing a template for they paying subscribers

I honestly dont think Virtumart deserves the support of the Joomla Template developers, when they can’t bring their product to market to support the Joomla community……Its time JoomlArt and others started using another shop product that will be supporting Joomla. If virtumart can’t keep up with the thriving Joomla community, its time to retire and hand the torch over to someone else who can……

pedrox Friend

JoomlArt should have learned a lesson from FeedGator (Ja Wall). But not learned and now is repeating the same mistake with VirtueMart. : Confuso:

corticalcolumn Friend

shame you didn’t do more e-commerce templates based on jomshopping (like ja tiris) or something for hikashop which, personally i love. imho, vm since they are on 2.x version is really poor

tfosnom Friend

<em>@austenn01 370876 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I feel a bit robbed, seeing I along with every other Joomla developer THAT I KNOW has moved to Joomla 3..hell we just got joomla 3.1!

After looking at the Virtumart forums, its clear Virtumart don’t intend to release a new version until joomla 3.5. I dont know about you JoomlArt, but it seems every other Joomla developer has moved to Joomla 3 (and it is that good, as we all know, this is not another Joomla 1.6 or 1.7)..

I feel that the Joomla community should boycot Virtumart….Virtumart took a long time to release a Joomla 2.5 version.

If Virtumart doesnt want to support the Joomla community, and make us wait another 1 year or so until Joomla 3.5…, then thats not good enough!

Additionally, as I am sure many people here know, Virtumart is not even close to being the best Joomla shop, so why do JoomlArt and other developers continue to support them, if Virtumart doesnt support you!?

I would be happy with a HikaShop, i havent used it yet, but from what I have seen…I like it!

Since Virtumart doesnt intend to release until Joomla 3.5, does this mean the paying members of JoomlArt have to wait 1.6 years (including the time since j3.0 was released), before we can have a Joomla 3.x shop template from you? Do you intend to release a j3.x version of this template with no shop features?

This really erks me!</blockquote>

I usually don’t buy into the VM vs the world threads, but as I am using VM for any cart these days thought I’d add WHY I CHOOSE to use VM. While you like Hikashop, you obviously don’t want to have to make css changes to style it etc , I fully agree and understand that, neither do I, guess that’s my whole point. Until SOME template manufacturer comes out with a properly styled and integrated HS, Redshop , Opencart alternative. You have to go with whats on offer. As for J3.xx stuff well if ppl want to be an early adopter, you have to put up with the lack of items, extensions etc and just man up I guess.

First J 3.1 is an interim release not 3.5 which will be (so we’re told) stable final version.. Interim releases to me are just Betas, or RC1 same as most templates JA releases are Betas. Last time I looked at Joomla.org there are warnings advising people NOT to use J.3.x on live production sites cause its NOT 3.5 yet.

That’s why I use Joomla 2.5.x and as such VM works fine. I brought and tried Hikashop business and found it shit. Support is very openended and I felt left to work out a lot of things for myself through trial & error. I was initially attracted to HS by the very long list of included plugins which carried the Australia Post method I need, however recent changes by Aust Post to a new system have not to my knowledge been updated in HS nor has many things needed been fixed.

JoomShopping is visually appealing and according to friend Swissa works well, BUT I’m an english speaker only and don’t want to Learn another language at 57 just to use a product or pay for extended support.

Don’t want a standalone cart linked to Joomla, want it integrated and have a range of payment gateways and postal shipping methods, either free or highly developed current paid items.

Don’t want to use fantasico or simple scripts type carts like OpenCart , Zen Cart, OSCommerce, Cube cart etc
    Also the client often has experience with a VM Cart from a previous Joomla site.

Re JA & VM preference, Probably only cause JA Support staff are more familiar & comfortable with the product, both from a design & style into templates and moderate VM 2 knowledge in the way of it’s workings and interactions for support.

I am also a member of Shape 5 they put out a great cart template mid last year demo had both VM & Redshop. But sadly when you dl’d their Quickstart, UNLIKE JA . . . They do NOT include their shopping cart installation or can you get the cart SQL, just the template styles and offer NO support for any thing NOT shape 5. So turned me right off as even installing VM then applying styles etc I could never really achieve the same look as them, all support requests were met with a not our product or problem, sorry.

So while I may not like every JA item and am told I bitch too often about JA (Hello Arvind) 😀 they are better at support at times than some by just including the complete demo with carts included (preinstalled), set up, styled etc.

Cheers Shannon

austenn01 Friend

Shannon,

regarding Joomla 3, you’re a bit off, please read the Joomla DOWNLOAD PAGE:

http://www.joomla.org/download.html

An exert:

Download Joomla! 3.1 (Recommended for most new sites)

Joomla 3.1 is the newest version recommended for most new installs. It includes the latest and greatest features of Joomla and mobile/responsive support.

Download Joomla! 2.5.x

Joomla 2.5 is the recommended version for existing Joomla 1.6-2.5 sites. It focuses on stability and will be supported into 2014.

Joomla 3 is definitely recommenced, and if it was beta they would not label it as STABLE. Joomla 3 is really that good! As stated above, its not like Joomla 1.6 or 1.7…its stable and awesome.

I dont really care what shop software is used, but I would like to be paying a template developer like JoomlArt to be using a shop product that is available for all versions of Joomla.

I can do all my own css etc, but I can’t do some nice javascript stuff…which is really where the difference in shopping cart layout changes….. at the end of the day, a shopping carts template doesnt have much variation….either you have a 3xX grid or a list layout for your categories, then for the product page, you usually have the product image at top left, prodt info to the right of the image, and then extra info below…

tom_laan84 Friend

When will it be released?

subodhx Friend

I have used both Hikashop business and virtuemart on different site. Hikashop is expensive, but is being developed to meet the need of the community. Virtuemart is lagging very behind so I am in the process of getting rid of virtuemart and installing Hikashop on this site too. I used to like virtuemart and used it since 2008 but such a same it is taking way too long. Havind said this I am sure this new template can be used with Hikashop since Hikashop does not require and specified template to be installed.:)

tom_laan84 Friend

<em>@subodhx 371174 wrote:</em><blockquote> I am sure this new template can be used with Hikashop since Hikashop does not require and specified template to be installed.:)</blockquote>

Any template can be used with any webshop. Only problem. All webshops look like shit “out-of-the-box”. When you look at the demo there is so much nice styling! For example: the way your products “fly” to your shoppingcart. and the way the shoppingcart is located and functions! Man that is so awesome.

I just took a look at hikashop. now i only wish this template would’ve come with the hikashop. i’ll gladly pay 119 euros for the business version from what i just read.

subodhx Friend

well unfortunately for hikashop themes we have to pay extra and I did not bother doing so because I am quite happy with the look of the default site. Also if you know CSS etc you can design your own theme but again perhaps a bit hectic process. I wish they could give out themes to business users for free at least.

tfosnom Friend

<em>@subodhx 371178 wrote:</em><blockquote>well unfortunately for hikashop themes we have to pay extra and I did not bother doing so because I am quite happy with the look of the default site. Also if you know CSS etc you can design your own theme but again perhaps a bit hectic process. I wish they could give out themes to business users for free at least.</blockquote>

I brought HS Business nearly 12 mths ago so my membership is almost up, I just found the forum not that crash hot for advise and was really disapointed they didn’t include a sql based copy of their (HS) demo with the plugin guess I work better form a sample visual standpoint, than from scratch, gives you a base to experiment with, see how it all works and if all goes pear shaped a refill with your details approach. Thats how I learnt most of VM’s ways, re using the sample data positions with my own data.

But as I noted b4 I’m staying with VM as I am only using J2.5 on live sites until 3.5 is released, so I know it will work
    Shannon

tfosnom Friend

<em>@austenn01 371104 wrote:</em><blockquote>Shannon,

regarding Joomla 3, you’re a bit off, please read the Joomla DOWNLOAD PAGE:

http://www.joomla.org/download.html

An exert:

Download Joomla! 3.1 (Recommended for most new sites)

Joomla 3.1 is the newest version recommended for most new installs. It includes the latest and greatest features of Joomla and mobile/responsive support.

Download Joomla! 2.5.x

Joomla 2.5 is the recommended version for existing Joomla 1.6-2.5 sites. It focuses on stability and will be supported into 2014.

Joomla 3 is definitely recommenced, and if it was beta they would not label it as STABLE. Joomla 3 is really that good! As stated above, its not like Joomla 1.6 or 1.7…its stable and awesome.

I dont really care what shop software is used, but I would like to be paying a template developer like JoomlArt to be using a shop product that is available for all versions of Joomla.

I can do all my own css etc, but I can’t do some nice javascript stuff…which is really where the difference in shopping cart layout changes….. at the end of the day, a shopping carts template doesnt have much variation….either you have a 3xX grid or a list layout for your categories, then for the product page, you usually have the product image at top left, prodt info to the right of the image, and then extra info below…</blockquote>

Haven’t been to joomla.org for a few mths so didn’t see their blurb on 3.1 being considered “stable”. Guess i’m of the opinion that any j 3 release prior to the landmark 3.5 release is just an interim release and not considered worth (for me) bothering with until 3.5 comes along, thus giving joomla time to use the interim releases as a feedback and test in the wild series leading to a better product in the 3.5 release. So as you point out I erred in suggesting it wasn’t “Stable” I probably meant to me it’s a series of RC releases offering bug fixes and upgrades based on consumer feedback, again designed to lead to a very stable bug free 3.5 product.
    Shannon

pedrox Friend

In addition to not make any sense, a template only to Joomla 25, is unfair to those who already are using only Joomla 30, as I …

Anyway, I would use Ja hawkstore without the store

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  zomidaily 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum