Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 191 total)
  • Author

UPDATE 2 : Teline III Beta Demo

So I guess everyone is curious how the Teline III looks like. Although I wanted to keep the secret to the last minutes, I feel I will be criticized if I do so. So here is a brief overview about the upcoming Teline III.

I. Screenshot – Default Firefox/Safari/IE layout

View the higher resolution HERE

II. How does it look in Iphone & Handheld devices (Nokia, Samsung….) ?

– Navigation is simplified with simple HTML
    – Content is resized and rearranged but it still keeps the normal arrangement (so that user can find his favorite content as and when he views via his computer)
    – Images is resized and optimized (internet connection via mobile is always slower than computer)
    – Supports both portrait + landscape view on iphone
    – Option to change to Desktop view (normal layout) if one wishes

III. New modules/plugins

1. JA Weather Module

Displayweather information from Google API with many features:

– Auto detect visitor IP & display the weather info of the city he is living. If the IP can not be matched with any city, default location will be displayed

– User can change his location, enter 1, 2 letter of the city name and the auto complete feature will give the city name suggestion <– convenient to make sure the city name is correctly entered

– Allow single or multi location with location chooser, the location is saved via cookies (guest/not logined) and via user database if user is logged in.

– Visual graphical display: easier for user to read weather info at a glance.

– Support Fahrenheit and Celsius display/switcher

– Forecast for the next 4 days

– Extra information supported, depend on module setting, extra information like humidity, wind speed and weather descriptions can be displayed

2. JA Stock Module

-. Support vertical or horizontal display of the stock indices

– Aajax remove/add/update stock indices

– Auto complete for indices search

And a lot of paras to config via the module backend

3. JA Popup Plugins

Support most of the popular Javascript libraries, admin can decide which JavaScript library will be used.

* FancyBox
    * GreyBox
    * HighSlide
    * ShadowBox
    * SqueezeBox
    * ThickBox
    * Multibox

Support many types of content display using above frame work
    —- type=”ajax” content=”a.html” display content of a.htmp page via AJAX
    —- type=”iframe” content=”http://www.google.com” display google content via IFRAME
    —- type=”youtube” content=”youtube_link” display youtube video in popup
    —- type=”image” content=”sample.jpg”: display sample.jpg picture in popup
    —- type=”slideshow” content=”a1.jpg, a2.jpg” display a1.jpg, a2.jpb picture in popup as slideshow

and many more..

The advantage of this plugin is flexibility in use of JavaScript to avoid conflict with other extensions and improve the site performance. The template only load the chosen JavaScript library.

4. JA News II (thank Cornelio for the suggestion)

There are a lot of things to tell about JA News II, you will find all features of JA News together with many improvement/enhancement

– Option to configure what sections/categories to display
    – Ajax ordering of section/modules
    – Choose how many rows/column for the frontpage

All users setting are saved via cookies for guest, via database for logged in users.

JA News Frontpage II also support many layout/display options for the headlines + leading stories.

5. IntenseDebate, Disqus, JS-Kit Comment system integration
    With this plugin, users now can comment on your Joomla article
    – Admin can enable/disable comment on specific categories/sections
    – The style of each comment system is fine-tuned to match with Teline III style

6. JA Twitter Module
    Display twitter streams with advanced & flexible settings via module parameters.

7. Inline Image Gallery in Articles. (latest Addition – Inspired by Reuters magazine (samples)
    UPDATED : 31/08/2009.

Above is the cool pop up on Image click action.

Observe the PREV / NEXT (arrows) links for browsing through various related pics for any Article.

IV. Release Info
    Because of introduction of many new extensions and Teline III being the first template released with the New JA Template Framework, we will roll out the beta & demo for 1 or 2 week and follow it up with the stable release. If everything goes well, you can get the beta before Wednesday (2/9/09). It is 2 days late for the August template but I believe its worth the wait and thank you for your understanding and patience.

JA will be glad to receive feedback on testing & bug reports during the beta phase.

UPDATE : Inline Article Image Gallery – A New Feature to Teline III

UPDATE 2 : Teline III Beta Demo

Hung Dinh Friend

Just a quick note that the screenshot only reveals 60% of Teline III design. If you have known Teline I & II then you can easily find out “where is the beauty” of the Teline series

Teline III is best reviewed via Live Demo and JA is working hard on it…

cgc0202 Friend

Thanks Hung and the Joomlart Staff,

Yes, please take your time. I will await further detailed comments until I get a chance to play with the Demo. How is the speed relative to Teline II?

And yes, you did indeed address some of the issues I raised, including what I liked about the original Teline that was not adopted in Teline II. You hit it with the Section/Category issue that is very critical and would even be more happy if there is possible “manual ordering” of articles within each Section and Category, like the Front Page module.

May I ask a very critical question? Is the JA News II collapsible to Section only, i.e., no checks on the category choices (especially in the homepage) but will layout as you presented here in the Sections subpages?

Cornelio

N.B.
    I am willing to volunteer to drive test it, if you need guinea pigs — to test ease of installation, find bugs, general comments and last minute suggestions, etc..:)

Hung Dinh Friend

<blockquote>How is the speed relative to Teline II?</blockquote>

Much faster, the teline II is quite fast if you do not use Highslide (<< speech killer & javascript conflict starter) >:(

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

cgc0202;142354I will await further detailed comments until I get a chance to play with the Demo. How is the speed relative to Teline II?

Cornelio

Teline III is superior in terms of performance when compared with Teline II, but with so many images (must for news template), cant expect it to be a race horse… But i like the selective loading of Javascript libraries. That will be a boost to performance…

Twitter, weather widgets, stock widgets may add to performance… but its a simple calculation… more features, more effects >> needs server resources…. especially when one wants to retain the edit / customization abilities too.

Typo.css options can be limited or restricted to basic typo only, that will help in speeding up of the Teline III…. i am yet to test drive it on live server and assess the actual server load and other performance details. But again its upto the users to retain the options..

Bottom line is that Its looks great, works great…. and superior in Teline series.

Arvind

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 142355 wrote:</em><blockquote>Much faster, the teline II is quite fast if you do not use Highslide (<< speech killer & javascript conflict starter) >:(</blockquote>

That is very true Hung. So, that is one of the features I disabled in Teline II.

<em>@drarvindc 142356 wrote:</em><blockquote>Teline III is superior in terms of performance when compared with Teline II, but with so many images (must for news template), cant expect it to be a race horse… But i like the selective loading of Javascript libraries. That will be a boost to performance…

Twitter, weather widgets, stock widgets may add to performance… but its a simple calculation… more features, more effects >> needs server resources…. especially when one wants to retain the edit / customization abilities too.

Typo.css options can be limited or restricted to basic typo only, that will help in speeding up of the Teline III…. i am yet to test drive it on live server and assess the actual server load and other performance details. But again its upto the users to retain the options..

Bottom line is that Its looks great, works great…. and superior in Teline series.

Arvind</blockquote>

I cannot agree more with you Arvind. I think many of those who do not appreciate the Teline series, especially Teline II and now Teline III, have never really used them. I prefer starting with a very clean template, such as one with a “white background”, and then modify it to my own taste.

I would still like to collaborate with you to find more ways to optimize the speed once the stable Teline III is out, in case there is room for more optimization.

Cornelio

instantinlaw Friend

Very exciting Hung,
    I can’t wait to get my hands on it. 🙂

mihirc Friend

Hello Hung,

Thanks for the preview!

I am really waiting to get the beta, so that we can start checking out the New Template framework that you have released.

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

Hello,

Forgot to add in the earlier post. (sorry 🙂 )

After seeing the presentation day before, when Mr.Arvind posted it, i was really really keen on what it could do. Being a template coder as such, a new framework is always interesting. And it is great the JA decided to release it for free.

– The use of new Javascript libraries will make it great to work with. Have they been tested with popular extensions like Jomsocial, CB, Kunena, JXtended? The reason I am asking is that, have you noted any problem with a certain Javascript library?
    – Is there an upgrade possible from Teline II to Teline III, not talking about the templates but the JA News II component that you will release with this template.

But, I had 2 questions:
    – With the framework will you be providing any kind of tutorials about how to use it for CSS 3 and XHTML?
    – Will members (like me) be allowed to convert your original templates to the new format and submit them to you? Because I would really like to optimize the earlier templates for my use.

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

santoshalom Friend

loved the new one i gonna use this one for sure. for my news site. nice one

ibrahimbdawy Friend

Hello Hung,

Wonderful job
    This template is the cause of Fame my website
    especially among the Arab sites
    I should be easy to develop in the Arabic
    I am in wait for this release
    Thanks for the preview

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@santoshalom 142393 wrote:</em><blockquote>loved the new one i gonna use this one for sure. for my news site. nice one</blockquote>

Apart from news-magazines sites, the core concept of the Teline template concept would be quite effective in any information-image rich site — travel & tourism, commerce, any health and biomedicine site, arts & culture, sports, entertainment, science and technology, education and tutorials, and almost any site that makes use of intensive “nested categories”.

Rather than just another template layout design, the Teline II and Teline III are a different breed from other Joomlart templates.

I hope Joomlart would include in the coming months some application of Teline III concept in the aforementioned areas to explore further and demonstrate the power, of the Teline II and Teline III concept.

Imagine using the scripts of the Teline III concept in a webdesign like

JA Quartz
    http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja_quartz.html

JA Zinc
    http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja_zinc.htmla

JA Nagya
    http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja_nagya.html

JA Uvite
    http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja_uvite_-_yet_another_joomla%21_blog.html

may provide more flexible uses than is possible with the standard scripts used in the aforementioned templates.

Using the Teline concept, it would really be interesting to see how Joomlart webdesigners can create very innovative Arts and Culture, Travel and Tourism, or Nature and Wildlife or similar sites where lots of very interesting photography or work of art can be presented in a stunning manner with text — not just not so informative slide show or gallery of images.

At the very leat, such makeovers may save members quite some time also instead of customized adaptation of the Teline concept to these various applications, with much much better template framework as designed by Joomlart webdesigners.

Cornelio

dawidt Friend

~When gonna be available for download?

zorroh Friend

WOW! Thanks Hungh! There is all features what must be in todays news portal. im also glad about showing attached content icons. I suggest some features here(http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=130269&postcount=15) and most of them are covered, im very impressed 🙂

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@dawidt 142424 wrote:</em><blockquote>~When gonna be available for download?</blockquote>

Tentative dates given in first post (read quote from Hung below). The beta version in early September — this is more for further testing. to get feedback from members who would like to test the remplate. Do not use yet for actual website. Newbies or those who are not experienced with scripting may encounter difficulties if there are still some bugs.

After the beta, the demo page will be provided, during the first or second week of September.

The best thing to do during the above releases is to provide constructive feedback, including reporting any bugs, when you try the beta or view the Demo.

But the stable version — if everything goes well — maybe two weeks later or thereabouts.

It is best they are given time to solve all the kinks. They are using a new concept — JA Template Framework, and it is the first time they are testing itl, using Teline III as the pioneer template. Also, they have added many useful extensions that you usually get from numerous third parties. It will take time to test compatibility of all these.

<em>@Hung Dinh 142349 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    IV. Release Info
    Because of introduction of many new extensions and Teline III being the first template released with the New JA Template Framework, we will roll out the beta & demo for 1 or 2 week and follow it up with the stable release. If everything goes well, you can get the beta before Wednesday (2/9/09). It is 2 days late for the August template but I believe its worth the wait and thank you for your understanding and patience.[/quote]

Cornelio

roucou Friend

It seems very interesting. Anyway I hope so many images won’t make the website slower. I’m waiting for the demo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 191 total)

This topic contains 191 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  marcelo66 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum