Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

I take exception to being a member of a club that all of a sudden decides to redirect their marketing strategies in order to extract more hard-earned money from the members. A 30% discount is outrageous.

No other club has done this, and I can’t help but think that this will be a future trend?

I still haven’t used all of my licenses this year because I am waiting for a template that I can use. The last few were too niche specific to be useful. This means that my one year membership has been rendered useless.

The greedy guts need to give their head a shake and rethink this deceptive marketing strategy. My membership agreement was for a minimum of one template per month. Where is it?

Very dissatisfied, livid customer!

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi Eclectic,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

You have downloaded 1650 times and you haven’t got a template that you “can use”?

Is it a fair deal to pay a reasonable fee, say $30 for a template that take us almost 3 months to develop and another 2 months to iron and push it to the best Joomla template bundle on the net?

Hung Dinh Friend

And a confirmation that we don’t fail to deliver what we commit to our club members. We also work 150% harder for the commitment, JA Lens is proof of our effort to provide our club members with an outstanding responsive template.

You are right, no other club has done this. They don’t provide templates of that high quality, and they don’t renovate with the modern webdesign trend.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@eclectic 317369 wrote:</em><blockquote>My membership agreement was for a minimum of one template per month. Where is it?</blockquote>

Your monthly template for May 2012 is JA Lens and is coming out shortly. >> http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_lens/

JA Elastica was also released as bonus template for JATC 2 months back and we have never ever failed to provide the monthly template for members in the 6 years of operations.

<em>@eclectic 317369 wrote:</em><blockquote>No other club has done this, and I can’t help but think that this will be a future trend? </blockquote>

No other club puts this much of hard work in developing something this unique. Our this month monthly template is equally unique as JA Wall and you should check the demo for the possibilities it offers and it is the best when compared with what other clubs have released for this month.

<em>@eclectic 317369 wrote:</em><blockquote>The greedy guts need to give their head a shake and rethink this deceptive marketing strategy.</blockquote>

It would be very unfair if we are to put up 3 months development and not release any monthly template for the same period, right? Monthly release commitment is being fulfilled and JA Lens is based on what we have learned from the development of JA Wall. From my perspective everyone is a winner here.

By the time JA Wall completes its proposed development cycle it would be 5 months since its inception, its too much of man hours invested, so its not about being greedy, its about being fair to the effort taken by the team.

I understand your feelings, hope you understand ours too. We are trying to raise the benchmark and bring our products in line with the latest trends, which benefits not only our members but also helps pushing for innovations from our friendly competitors. In the end Joomla! wins.

Regards

Arvind

eclectic Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 317370 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    You have downloaded 1650 times and you haven’t got a template that you “can use”?

Is it a fair deal to pay a reasonable fee, say $30 for a template that take us almost 3 months to develop and another 2 months to iron and push it to the best Joomla template bundle on the net?</blockquote>

You don’t have 1650 templates for me to download, clearly those are quickstart installation files. Was that a joke? I’m only using 1 of 3 licenses because the templates for the past 4 months have not been what my clients like.

Another more fair and less greedy marketing approach would be to use the Wall template to draw in new customers. Its that great right? Instead of bilking existing customers which is an unfair marketing practice.

Basically, I would like to see Joomlart do what they said they were going to do and not deviate from the membership plan!

eclectic Friend

<em>@drarvindc 317373 wrote:</em><blockquote>It would be very unfair if we are to put up 3 months development and not release any monthly template for the same period, right? Monthly release commitment is being fulfilled and JA Lens is based on what we have learned from the development of JA Wall. From my perspective everyone is a winner here.

By the time JA Wall completes its proposed development cycle it would be 5 months since its inception, its too much of man hours invested, so its not about being greedy, its about being fair to the effort taken by the team. </blockquote>

If you have worked so hard and have indeed built an innovative template… then it will sell itself and generate NEW memberships. With several thousand members, charging an additional $30 will generate $60K+ in revenue, for 3 months work?

The whole notion is obscene with the sole purpose and intent of getting more money from the members.

Hung Dinh Friend

Eclectic,

We are not greedy, we have to double our team size to be able to cope with the template upgrade (1.5 to 1.6,1.7, 2.5 and upcoming 3.0_) and at the same time giving support to users with upgrade problem.

Let’s wait for others to comment on this post other than keeping this discussion between us. We respect customer’s feedback and would like to build our business from customer’s trust and support.

eclectic Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 317376 wrote:</em><blockquote>Eclectic,

We are not greedy, we have to double our team size to be able to cope with the template upgrade (1.5 to 1.6,1.7, 2.5 and upcoming 3.0_) and at the same time giving support to users with upgrade problem.</blockquote>

So do all the other clubs…. and they don’t charge extra!!

Hung Dinh Friend

And we don’t charge for extra either.

We only charge for extra fee on JA Wall which is an extra product. You don’t have to pay if you don’t want it.

tfosnom Friend

I’ve learnt from past experiences to be very cautious of critising anything JA does, it leads to bans and loss of anything accumulated.However, I will add my 2c worth this time.

I can see where the OP is coming from as well as JA from a busin ess sense. I don’t mind getting JA Lens if it is a really similar template in place of JA Wall, but I think the attraction of wall is the social plugin we hear about, if that same plugin is in Lens I’m satisfied, if not I’ll be one of many asdking for it’s inclusion. What pisses me is the Wall template is free to developer members, just because they pay more to use the same templates and (automatically get extension club memberships) doesn’t mean they should get this free.

Let them pay the same discount price, the rationale that dev members are smarter than club members and can provide better testing and feedback is poor indeed, many dev members are not really knowledgable ‘developers’ but just the average joe that make a few more sites and wants the benefit from the copyright removal and unlimited useage.

Shane

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi Shannon,

Long time no see. Please don’t worry, as long as we keep this discussion healthy everything will be fine. This is not, and should not be a”criticising” thread, I consider this is a valuable and important feedback discussion for JoomlArt to build a solid customer relation.

Let’s wait for feedback from others before making any further comments.

Phill Moderator

<em>@eclectic 317369 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I still haven’t used all of my licenses this year because I am waiting for a template that I can use. The last few were too niche specific to be useful. This means that my one year membership has been rendered useless.

The greedy guts need to give their head a shake and rethink this deceptive marketing strategy. My membership agreement was for a minimum of one template per month. Where is it?

Very dissatisfied, livid customer!</blockquote>

In some ways I understand you. JA release a stunning new template based on a whole new way of thinking and understandably you want a piece of the action. JA Wall is a true masterpiece. Had JA released it elsewhere and not marketed it as a JA product then you would not have even known about it and not got the hump. JA could have easilly done that but they didn’t and instead are offering a new line of product. With the JA Wall bundle this is an ongoing commitment to a new userbase. Over the next few weeks new styles will be released for it of which I am lucky enough to have seen some already and they really are going to be worth the wait.

What you have to understand is that this is a new product line so not part of the existing package. You will still get the 12 new templates that were promised when you signed up released at one per month. JA Lens is on the cusp of a stable release. Sure, it was not released on the first of the month like some template clubs do, but then again JA never suggest that releases will be on the first of the month. JA would rather go the extra mile and produce something complete and different. If it is released mid month does that really matter especially when you are getting something as stunning as JA Lens.

In addition to your promised 12 templates per year JA have also given you Elastica and there is also a chance that other bonus templates will be released. You have access to the whole back catalogue too which includes other great templates such as Rasite, Community +, Orisite, Kranos, Teline series etc. So I would hardly tnink that your membership fee was useless as you suggest. You have certainly managed to download a lot of files since Nov 2011. In fact you have amassed more than me and I have been here since 2009. Nothing wrong with that, it just shows that you must be enjoying the products JA have produced.

vineyardseashell Friend

Here are my thoughts on the subject.

After finding the JA Wall temple demo, I couldn’t believe I had missed any and all references to it. After searching high and low, I finally found a download link.

Akin to eating that cookie you grabbed out of the cookie jar when mom had her back turned- I now suffer from guilt-ridden pleasure playing around with the JA Wall template.

In summary, do I think…

I should I have to pay for JA Wall? No.

Why? Because you have it listed under the JATC demo area, implying that it is part of the JATC of which I am member.

You should have created a separate club for JA Wall’s release? Yes. If you didn’t intend JA Wall’s inclusion under the JATC, the template demo shouldn’t have been listed under the JATC demo area; after all you don’t list the JM/JD themes under JATC; With a separate club identity it would be crystal clear to everyone that JA Wall doesn’t fall under JATC.

You should you rethink your position on JA Wall? Yes. I believe your intentions for JA Wall c/should have been better represented before hand.

Will I pay for it? Yes. I believe it is the best template for my needs; I appreciate how much effort went into JA Wall and I don’t mind paying for quality as quality beats quantity any day.

Will I rethink my JA membership because of this? Where and how I spend my money is always under scrutiny, and more so as times/money becomes tighter; I still believe that JA is the best at what you do, and despite a slight bump in the road, I am here to stay.

Vineyardseashell

Hung Dinh Friend

Phill & Vineyardseashell,

I did not expect such a thoughtful and valuable comment. This kind of feedback and conversation keep me going to work everyday :laugh:

<blockquote>
    – I should I have to pay for JA Wall? No.

– Why? Because you have it listed under the JATC demo area, implying that it is part of the JATC of which I am member.

– You should have created a separate club for JA Wall’s release? Yes. If you didn’t intend JA Wall’s inclusion under the JATC, the template demo shouldn’t have been listed under the JATC demo area; after all you don’t list the JM/JD themes under JATC; With a separate club identity it would be crystal clear to everyone that JA Wall doesn’t fall under JATC.
    </blockquote>

You are right. I am sorry for not making it clearer on the demo page. I will be removing it out of the demo for now until a better solution is found.

<blockquote>- You should you rethink your position on JA Wall? Yes. I believe your intentions for JA Wall c/should have been better represented before hand. </blockquote>

I agree.

<blockquote>
    – Will I pay for it? Yes. I believe it is the best template for my needs; I appreciate how much effort went into JA Wall and I don’t mind paying for quality as quality beats quantity any day.

Will I rethink my JA membership because of this? Where and how I spend my money is always under scrutiny, and more so as times/money becomes tighter; I still believe that JA is the best at what you do, and despite a slight bump in the road, I am here to stay.
    </blockquote>

Thank you for your support. We will be here to listen, adapt, change and more importantly…keep shipping the best design and extensions.

kyovev Friend

Ja Lens looks very good and im gonna use it on one of my current websites.

Ja Wall looks amazing too! Keep the good work guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum