Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

“Last edited by scotty; Today at 11:41 AM. Reason: Insulting language removed.”

Anyone here seen this awesome guy? Someone is watching us… 😀

kyovev Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 317435 wrote:</em><blockquote>”Last edited by scotty; Today at 11:41 AM. Reason: Insulting language removed.”

Anyone here seen this awesome guy? Someone is watching us… :D</blockquote>

haha 😀

actually i said good things about joomlart and not so good about this guy eclectic 🙂 Now i will try to be more polite 🙂

eclectic if you are not happy with the joomlart templates why did you bought a membership? You have downloaded these prodycts more than 1600 times nad you say that you don’t like them?

Dude are you kidding or what?

swissa Friend

I think possibly that things could have been handled slightly better just as I think that some people are over-reacting.

The fact that Lens IS going to be given to the members quite frankly shocks me. What a gift! Gets all the benefits of the testing by beta testers etc of Wall and none of the price. I’ll certainly be downloading it to see what I can do with it, what I change and how I customise it FOR ME – in much the same way as I do with any template I download.

This is a new product line – much in the same way that MS used to include some crap office style product and then broke out Office into a spearate product line. I see no difference here.

If I had my business head on, I would suggest to JA that they change their terms of membership to exclude “one off templates” with a rider on how many they aim to release a year (i.e. 3) so that new users or those resigning know up-front that 3 templates will be out of their reach unless they pay extra for them. My lawyer head would suggest they do this before release of JA-Wall thereby not breaking any promises – legally or morally binding or not. Let’s face it, every update of iTunes does exactly that – new terms of business. Since this is in reality an update of the templates JA produce, why should JA not have the same rights afforded to them?

ron shafii Friend

I’ve seen a lot of complaints from existing members. Obviously they haven’t been members of other template clubs. I’m willing to bet members of other template clubs don’t implement the majority of templates offered by those clubs in live sites even though they paid for a full year. It’s absurd to expect any different from JA.

Something I didn’t notice posted on the JA blog that I learned by writing into customer support is that the JA framework doesn’t come with JA Wall. If you’re a dev that’s sick and tired of absurd frameworks that always get in the way of 3rd party extensions then this is a chance to grab a template from a popular Joomla Template club without all the headaches.

It’s not as if the Joomla API and crappy 3rd party extensions aren’t enough of a Bitch to figure out, but with the implementation of all the new frameworks over the last 2 years it just adds even more time and obfuscation to the development of joomla websites. It does seem rather strange to say this, but I would be happy to pay for an extra attractive template without a framework.

I say take a breather. if you really need a template like JA Wall just modify Elastica or just wait and see the response from the users who paid for it. Who knows, maybe it really is worth the extra money. Either way if you think about it, just using one template from this club in a live site for a paying client will pay for itself.

coalition Friend

<em>@swissa 317481 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    This is a new product line – much in the same way that MS used to include some crap office style product and then broke out Office into a spearate product line. I see no difference here.
    </blockquote>

Oh, there is quite a difference. I realize that sometimes us customers expect a little too much for our money. However, for the companies that listen to their customers, and apply a little give and take, they hang on to those customers. Especially companies that heavily rely upon feedback and bug reporting from customers who do that testing for free. I’m a seed tester for Apple, and they take good care of us. Please be reminded that customers here at JA do provide a lot of feedback, bug reports and suggestions which also contributes to the greatness of JoomlArt products, so please don’t think for one minute that we get a perfected product out of the box, because that would be wrong. It’s not JoomlArt’s fault of course, as you pointed out, that Joomla changes quite often, and the frameworks vary, and some frameworks may need to be rewritten because of the changes. I get that. My aggravation arose from fact that I received an email about JA Wall that kind of gave me the impression that it would be included in the membership––and I got all excited. Then someone broke my bubble and I got all bent out of shape. If JoomlArt had sent out an email to us stating that there would be a newer technology offered at JoomlArt for additional costs to members, I wouldn’t have felt so disappointed, and it would have been a more professional approach.

So, with that said, I suggest that JoomlArt make a separate area on the their site called “Additional Offerings,” or “Special Bonus Packages,” indicating that an additional cost is involved for the product residing within that area. Os, make a “Single Purchase Only” button.

Also, your business head is one that, IMO, is slippery. It’s almost like “ex-post-facto” thinking or lawmaking, or changing the terms of memberships that customers relied upon to justify their subscription. It’s just not good business. I know that $60.00 isn’t much to pay, but the economy stinks right now and people just don’t have extra money like that.

I am a member of JoomlArt, Gavick, JXTC, VTEM, Shape5, JomSocial and YooTheme and several other clubs.

*Simply update the terms, show the date, etc., so new members and renewers will understand.

JA Wall looks like it could be the beginning of a new era for the Joomlasphere––a much needed one––as well as increasing JoomlArt’s market and potential growth, but for God’s sake, be more careful with newsletters, announcements, etc.

hotsd101 Friend

when i see this thread i really think something must be is joke ?

did some ppl complaining about pay $30 or wall? this i cannot believe et.

the same people complain using ja each day to make living.

i think ja should stop club member and sell each temp, minimum $500 and offer best product for ppl know what it take to make it and efort involve, this ppl not ask question because they obvious know the quality value.

also jat3 is best product since joomla itself. convert custom template using it is so good.

thanks you and excellent works

swissa Friend

Hi coalition.

I don’t know if you wrote to meet my comments or I wrote to pre-empt yours. 😉

<em>@coalition 317891 wrote:</em><blockquote> My aggravation arose from fact that I received an email about JA Wall that kind of gave me the impression that it would be included in the membership––and I got all excited. Then someone broke my bubble and I got all bent out of shape. If JoomlArt had sent out an email to us stating that there would be a newer technology offered at JoomlArt for additional costs to members, I wouldn’t have felt so disappointed, and it would have been a more professional approach.
    </blockquote>

<em>@swissa 317481 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think possibly that things could have been handled slightly better just as I think that some people are over-reacting.</blockquote>

<em>@swissa 317481 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would suggest to JA that they change their terms of membership to exclude “one off templates” with a rider on how many they aim to release a year (i.e. 3) so that new users or those resigning know up-front that 3 templates will be out of their reach unless they pay extra for them.</blockquote>

<em>@coalition 317891 wrote:</em><blockquote>Also, your business head is one that, IMO, is slippery. It’s almost like “ex-post-facto” thinking or lawmaking, or changing the terms of memberships that customers relied upon to justify their subscription. It’s just not good business.</blockquote>

<em>@coalition 317891 wrote:</em><blockquote>So, with that said, I suggest that JoomlArt make a separate area on the their site called “Additional Offerings,” or “Special Bonus Packages,” indicating that an additional cost is involved for the product residing within that area. Os, make a “Single Purchase Only” button………… *Simply update the terms, show the date, etc., so new members and renewers will understand.</blockquote>

So, as you say exactly what I said are you as slippery as me then or just as Pragmatik as me?

If you’re calling my lawyer head slippery, well I’ll take that as a compliment. Every one wants a slippery lawyer; strangely though only when he’s on their side. What a weird world eh?!

PS. Do the VTEM extensions play well with JA templates?

coalition Friend

The VTEM extensions do not play well with JA, unfortunately.

when I said your business head was slippery, it wasn’t meant to insult. What I perceived in your post was for JA to just change the terms of membership, even for those who relied upon the previous terms as a contract. That’s all. However, what I failed to mention in my prior posts was this:

… *Simply update the terms, show the date, etc., so new members and renewers will understand, but you should not change them for current members under the old contract until they renew.

That’s what I should have said because it maintains integrity and fair business practices. I can appreciate developer members getting it for free, because they pay a much higher price for their membership.

Walt

tfosnom Friend

Coalition
    I use several VTEM extensions with JA NEX atm, and they are working as expected, I have all current VTem extensions, could you take the time to PM me a list of ones that DON’T work so I can avoid the frustration of installing/testing etc?
    Cheers Shannon

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@coalition 317936 wrote:</em><blockquote>The VTEM extensions do not play well with JA, unfortunately.

when I said your business head was slippery, it wasn’t meant to insult. What I perceived in your post was for JA to just change the terms of membership, even for those who relied upon the previous terms as a contract. That’s all. However, what I failed to mention in my prior posts was this:

… *Simply update the terms, show the date, etc., so new members and renewers will understand, but you should not change them for current members under the old contract until they renew.

That’s what I should have said because it maintains integrity and fair business practices. I can appreciate developer members getting it for free, because they pay a much higher price for their membership.

Walt
    </blockquote>

<em>@tfosnom 318084 wrote:</em><blockquote>Coalition
    I use several VTEM extensions with JA NEX atm, and they are working as expected, I have all current VTem extensions, could you take the time to PM me a list of ones that DON’T work so I can avoid the frustration of installing/testing etc?
    Cheers Shannon</blockquote>

It would be great if you can also share the common problem and the core reason here. JA templates play well with most of other extensions and there must something wrong if VTEM extension is not working on our templates.

coalition Friend

vtem_carousel and vtem_panorama gave me problems. But I’ll also say that many extensions give me trouble on teline_iv. I did modify teline_iv’s css and menus, so maybe I caused this problem myself. Teline_IV, from what I’ve discovered, remains a bit unstable. That’s why I was so interested in JA Wall. I’ve struggled with Teline_IV for quite some time and particularly with JA_News Pro. See my site here: http://www.national-coalition.net . I am using feedgator 2.3.6 with its K2 plugin, and have found many problems arising through its use, so Feedgator could be the cause of all the problems. I’ve used vtem on gavick, jxtc, and shape5 templates with no issues. I’ve only tried vtem extensions on teline_iv, so it may be “that” template specifically, or maybe I messed up in some other way.

Walt.

Stork11 Friend

<em>@coalition 318187 wrote:</em><blockquote>vtem_carousel and vtem_panorama gave me problems. But I’ll also say that many extensions give me trouble on teline_iv. I did modify teline_iv’s css and menus, so maybe I caused this problem myself. Teline_IV, from what I’ve discovered, remains a bit unstable. That’s why I was so interested in JA Wall. I’ve struggled with Teline_IV for quite some time and particularly with JA_News Pro. See my site here: http://www.national-coalition.net . I am using feedgator 2.3.6 with its K2 plugin, and have found many problems arising through its use, so Feedgator could be the cause of all the problems. I’ve used vtem on gavick, jxtc, and shape5 templates with no issues. I’ve only tried vtem extensions on teline_iv, so it may be “that” template specifically, or maybe I messed up in some other way.

Walt.</blockquote>
    Hello Walt,
    I checked your site (http://www.national-coalition.net) but don’t see any problems with it.

regards

dankbeme Friend

Mod Note:
    Post moderated. Issues resolved >> https://www.facebook.com/joomlart/posts/405657266132789

ron shafii Friend

@dankbeme

I don’t know why this thread hasn’t been locked, but I can say the way JA Wall has been advertised it’s not illegal in the US. If you truly have a problem with your JA Standard membership because of JA Wall then you have a screw loose. Feel free to submit a complaint to the BBB and watch them get a good laugh out of it as it becomes an unresolved complaint they won’t pursue.

JA Wall was never advertised as free to anyone except members of the Developer membership, and I doubt you paid for that otherwise you wouldn’t be complaining. Not to mention JA Wall was never explicitly advertised to standard members only. It was advertised site-wide to all members and non-members. Nothing illegal about it.

If you took the time to read all the comments in this thread you would’ve read my comment about JA Wall not containing the T3 framework which in my opinion is a significant bonus and worthy of paying extra, as I already have. That alone denotes the difference between a template from JA’s membership offerings and JA Wall as being an individual offering.

If you’re having trouble getting a full refund for your membership that is a whole other matter and limited to 7 days after purchase.

Hung Dinh Friend

@joomlagraphic

Thank you very much for your support and detailed explanation of the situation. I have been trying to be very open, sincere to him on Facebook and he went over the limit and start spamming on other post of JA Facebook. Now he has been banned from Facebook page and all of his comment are marked as spam and hidden from public (now I know FB has a ban feature :laugh: )

I can re-post all of conversation here but I don’t see any point wasting everyone time reading unhealthy discussion. Negative comment are welcomed, but it must be constructive and not in a rude manner.

Thread is now locked

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 11 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum