Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

I buy these templates because I don’t want to spend ages customising them, if it looks good on the screenshot and demo that heavily influences my decision to buy or join the club etc .

I notice hardly any of the templates work as they look on the demo site leaving me ages of playing with css (which I hate) etc to modify them to look as they do in the demos.

Just give us the package on the demo site to dl with the same css graphics etc
    please

Shannon

z0z0 Friend

I am new here and just signed up and downloaded my first template.

I chose ZIBAL because I like the tabs on the right side.
    See – http://www.joomlart.com/templates_demo.php?template=ja_zibal

I download it and install it.
    Guess what – the menus are on the LEFT side and not right side.

Even the User Guide had nothing in it about moving the menus to the right side.

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi all,

To make your site work like the demo, you should spend a small time to read the user-guide document and follow the instruction there.

When you follow the instruction carefully, you could easily not only build your site the same as the demo but easily customize the template.

z0z0 Friend

Khanh,

I appreciate all the great work that you guys do but I do not agree with your philosophy “read the guide and do it yourself”.

Then you post a picture of what the theme will look like – demo – that is what you are selling. If you advertise in a certain way then sell it in that way. Imagine going to buy a car that you see advertised in one way and then when you go to the car dealership they tell you that you still have to build some parts yourself.

Please remember that the reason that we buy templates is because we are NOT TECHIES. It would take someone like me a long time to figure things out without screwing up.

lafrance Friend

<em>@z0z0 6319 wrote:</em><blockquote>Khanh,

Then you post a picture of what the theme will look like – demo – that is what you are selling. If you advertise in a certain way then sell it in that way. Imagine going to buy a car that you see advertised in one way and then when you go to the car dealership they tell you that you still have to build some parts yourself.

Please remember that the reason that we buy templates is because we are NOT TECHIES. It would take someone like me a long time to figure things out without screwing up.</blockquote>

I have to agree with you and if you read the faq it always basically all the same for any template.
    very generic not useful for n00bs compare to rocket it is way inferior in help.

And the faq do not take in consideration of
    1.What plugin module it support how were to display them.
    And no mater what once install css and xhtml will no longer be valid because of
    1 a plugin
    2 module
    3 manboot?

Pierre

ShannonN Friend

<em>@khanh 6311 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all,

To make your site work like the demo, you should spend a small time to read the user-guide document and follow the instruction there.

When you follow the instruction carefully, you could easily not only build your site the same as the demo but easily customize the template.</blockquote>

This is not acceptable, we purchase templates because we are not as skilled in css and joomla as you are, this ridiculous attitude that we have to do work on a product to get it to look like the item we thought we were buying is very poor customer service. You now have more than myself complaining, I see no reason you cannot package the templates as shown on the demo site? It generally only involves a different css file and a few images .

Time you stopped the standard ” read the manual or we like to offer you the opportunity to learn and customize etc ” excuse. and supplied the necessary css and image files etc for each template to change it to what we see on the demo. The alternative is to put the template we receive on the demo , not something that has been modified to look pretty.

At best this is poor customer service, at worse it borders on deceptive advertising, in a medium that very much is a WYSIGYG for sales and marketing we do NOT get what is originally offered in that respect.

I suggest everyone here PM Khanh and request all templates be offered as displayed and purchasers of previous templates get teh necessary files to make the site appear as the demo shows it.

If Joomlart refuses to comply PM me and I’ll look into some other means of action

Cheers a totally pissed off customer
    (ShannonN)

Hung Dinh Friend

ShannonN,
    Thank you very much for your feedback.
    It is easy for us to give you the content on the demo page in the SQL format, however they are all static text and images without any changes to joomla core files.
    Puting them into Joomla is the least you have to do and this will also help you to get used to the administration of Joomla.

lafrance Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 6349 wrote:</em><blockquote>ShannonN,
    It is easy for us to give you the content on the demo page in the SQL format, however they are all static text and images without any changes to joomla core files.
    Puting them into Joomla is the least you have to do and this will also help you to get used to the administration of Joomla.</blockquote>
    Well you are correct we do need to learn some aspect of joomla and it files a bit more on faq would help.
    Mind you this is the only place I would ever get a theme from.
    Argg still 12 minute to wait no sneak peak preview your mean ๐Ÿ˜€
    Pierre

ShannonN Friend

Hung Dinh;6349ShannonN,
    Puting them into Joomla is the least you have to do and this will also help you to get used to the administration of Joomla.

Mate I think you misunderstand me, while I know the demo is populated with content its the module placement and certain css based things regarding the positioning of “boxes etc” that concern my I don’t need sql stuff just the css and images etc that match each demo template

If you PM me I’ll tell you what templates I mean

basically I am after the VISUAL look of the template as shown in the demo, the content can be lorum ipsem for all i’m concerned

I can add and change content far easier than positioning modules and changing css and JS rotators etc
    Cheers Shannon

olskool_ Friend

Hi everyone… I agree totally with ShannonN Is it possible we can have the same template as we see on the demo template would be very helpful. I created an account cuz I did think I will get same as it looks on the demo template I downloaded extracted and run and it was not the same as it is on demo template and I was thinking maybe I was doing something wrong not installing all the modules but I spend so much time on it to make it work the same as on the template demo and yet did not fixed now after reading some post I see I’m not the only one that is having this problem. Anyone please at last the template Ja Xenia can I have it the same as it looks on the template mode if possbile would be very good…

Thanks Oslo

ErikThorsen Friend

Hello Oslo,

I think that Joomlart team will release a sql “backup” file for you if you ask them for it. That way you will have the EXACT same content and module positioning and everything. Then you can learn from that. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck on learning Joomla and Joomlart templates. Read all you can about user guides and dive into the administrator side of Joomla. There are lots to learn there! ๐Ÿ™‚

imaaxx Friend

I will start with this: I do understand exactly how many of you feel that the template does not look exactly as it is demonstrated on the demo site. That is because in order to make things look good or place them where you want, one needs to understand Joomla 1st not the template.

Joomla is a very powerful CMS but if you donโ€™t know how to use it then making any template look like the demo will be almost impossible. That is NOT the fault of the template maker it just your lack of knowledge with Joomla.

When I 1st started with Joomla I too found it impossible to make any site look the way I wanted it too, I could not even figure out how to add content at 1st, I was used to the old way of opening up Dreamweaver and start with a blank page and go from there.

Joomla requires a different approach to content and placing items/modules and once you understand it, you will be able to make your sites look like the demoโ€™s you see and make them look even better then those sites.

One article that helped me was โ€œContent is King::A Beginner’s Guide to organizing content in Joomlaโ€ Plus I read many other articles available about Joomla most of them I printed and used as reference manuals while I was learning. Another Joomla beginner manual

Joomla.org has just published a new PDF about Joomla and if you have not yet read it maybe now is a good time. Available here http://help.joomla.org/

I know this is probably not the answer you were hoping for and blaming someone else is much easier to do then learning how to use the program.

Once you know Joomla a little more you will be able to do exactly what you want and more but it will take some learning and it will not be easy until you really understand your way around the Joomla backend.

Good Luck & All the Best!

ShannonN Friend

imaaxx;7033I will start with this: I do understand exactly how many of you feel that the template does not look exactly as it is demonstrated on the demo site. That is because in order to make things look good or place them where you want, one needs to understand Joomla 1st not the template.

Joomla is a very powerful CMS but if you donโ€™t know how to use it then making any template look like the demo will be almost impossible. That is NOT the fault of the template maker it just your lack of knowledge with Joomla.

When I 1st started with Joomla I too found it impossible to make any site look the way I wanted it too, I could not even figure out how to add content at 1st, I was used to the old way of opening up Dreamweaver and start with a blank page and go from there.

Joomla requires a different approach to content and placing items/modules and once you understand it, you will be able to make your sites look like the demoโ€™s you see and make them look even better then those sites.

One article that helped me was โ€œContent is King::A Beginner’s Guide to organizing content in Joomlaโ€ Plus I read many other articles available about Joomla most of them I printed and used as reference manuals while I was learning. Another Joomla beginner manual

Joomla.org has just published a new PDF about Joomla and if you have not yet read it maybe now is a good time. Available here http://help.joomla.org/

I know this is probably not the answer you were hoping for and blaming someone else is much easier to do then learning how to use the program.

Once you know Joomla a little more you will be able to do exactly what you want and more but it will take some learning and it will not be easy until you really understand your way around the Joomla backend.

Good Luck & All the Best!

While I agree with you to some extent, I have actually read the stuff you posted and while it answers some stuff, it is so generic that it really isnt of too much use.

I learn in a visual hands on way I need specifics. I struggling to comprehend the way joomla orders items and assigns numbers to stuff, like you say I come from a static mainly DW background

some of the ways different modules work from a backend perspective are very non intuitive, I’m trying to use facile forms atm to make a rather complex form and the short video on how to make something they provide is a newsletter sub form of two fields! Not anything like a complex format all. Like I say it is a complex and very powerful thing our joomla but I do feel a lot of the component makers, modules makers etc could really put some effort into a video demo of some of the advanced uses etc Like I am past the how to installl templates, com, mod,bots etc I can add basic menu items, and even news ! but its the things like backend usage of remositry, docman , module positioning and changing that screw with my head I can get the news header working fine in xenia but the other news module I get working but do you think I can position it where I want to ๐Ÿ™‚

Just some 5 min videos of how to change a module position, not create a new one but reorder them on the front page etc, as I said I learn from a visual hands on perspective. well written manuals with screenies are good but video is better show me twice and I tend not to forget or ask again. While I know there are video tutes out there I did buy some and they were so poorly done and covered the basics I already knew back they went

some are just too expensive when my designing is mainly at a low cost, friends, church and family level and never over 500 er site,to say its so easy to blame someone else when you “don’t” look for answers is a bit true and untrue at the same time.

I moaned to this forum to get some way to have the demo site look to templates, I got that and still can’t get it happening like the demo. perhaps it’s because i use a fantastico install on a reseller account at hostgator and dont have the access or experience in the server setups the “devs” do, ( i cannot make a db prefix of xenia_ more than once etc as needed in teh 3 lines of intructions)

I ask that all the developers of anything really take into account that there are people who are not at the level they are when they write hints manual etc I have written many manuals with screenshots all the way they all are written from a total noob perspective that’s what I need from the beginning for all component usage ,module usage form creation etc what I already know i can fast fwd

I have the most difficult time understanding form submission in Joomla via post method used to a pl script in a cgi bin etc yet joomla wants an item id blah blah

I really want to just add fields to the default contact page but as its in php full of variables, templates etc I’m lost

Like I said I can do a decent site for static use in DW but Joomla I have to depend on others expertise

Okies I’ve bored you all enough or today
    Blessings
    Shanny

svasilev Friend

So, are we going to get help or is admin asleep?

danstoc Friend

Hello ShannonN,

sorry when I ask… why you have to edit the css file if you want that your site is like the demosite? css gives to the browser the information how big, in wich color etc. you want the things.

my site looks like the demosite… and if I put all the modules in the same position even more.
    give me the url of your site ans I have a look.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum