Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hey. I have installed Purity III and K2.

When viewing a particular item, that item’s header image is not visible. However, when I change theme (to Elastica for example) or change view (to category listing) then the image is visible.

I am not sure if this is a K2 or Purity issue. I assume it is a Purity issue as the image is available in other views.

Help / guidance will be much appreciated.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I’m afraid I’m not quite getting what you are mentioning above. It would be awesome if you can possibly include the URL of your site and a screenshot and description on that particular screenshot on what you would like to do. Otherwise, it’s like solving a puzzle without clue.

tithij Friend

Mmmm, sorry about that. I have attached an image. This show the home page of the site, but using Elastica. That image that you see (with the trees and the water) is not visible using Purity III. I don’t do anything other than upload Purity switch between frameworks – for me I need to disable the framework required for Elastica when using Purity and vise versa.

If the image is insufficient I can give you access to the site and the admin thereof.

1. Picture1
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Please pm me URL and admin credentials of your site, I need to take a closer look at your site and give you suggestion then.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@tithij 431431 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey. I have installed Purity III and K2.

When viewing a particular item, that item’s header image is not visible. However, when I change theme (to Elastica for example) or change view (to category listing) then the image is visible.

I am not sure if this is a K2 or Purity issue. I assume it is a Purity issue as the image is available in other views.

Help / guidance will be much appreciated.</blockquote>

I found it was due to K2 component conflict with Bootstrap. You can fix as follows:

1. Copy the k2.css file from /components/com_k2/css/k2.css to your /templates/purity_iii/css/k2.css

2. Upgrade class for a.modal

#k2Container a.modal {
    border: 0px;
    display: inline-block;
    margin: 0 10px 0 0;
    position: relative;
    top: auto;
    left: 0px;
    width: auto;
    -webkit-border-radius: 0px;
    -moz-border-radius: 0px;
    border-radius: 0px;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0;
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0;
    box-shadow: 0 0 0 0;
    }

tithij Friend

I will give that a crack tonight – and will let you know how I go. Thanks so much for your effort. .

tithij Friend

Thank you so much. It worked perfectly.

I added some css as the image acquired a scroll bar. So I added overflow:hidden;

EDIT: One final glitch.. the image now appears in front of the menu on scroll. I hope we can edit the css to fix that?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@tithij 433090 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you so much. It worked perfectly.

I added some css as the image acquired a scroll bar. So I added overflow:hidden;

EDIT: One final glitch.. the image now appears in front of the menu on scroll. I hope we can edit the css to fix that?</blockquote>

You have to add z-index: 0; into the #k2Container a.modal class.

guffas Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 432838 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    2. Upgrade class for a.modal

#k2Container a.modal {
    }

</blockquote>

Can anyone please help a newbie? Where exactly do I put this code, in which file and where?

Ninja Lead Moderator

@guffas: You can follow the link here

guffas Friend

Hi Ninja

I am a bit confused about your answer, you are linking to this exact forum thread we are now viewing and commenting, so you are basicly directing me back to my own question 🙂 Did something go wrong? I think you tried to help me, but unfortunately I dont understand your answer. Can you try once more, be more clear?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@guffas 450569 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can anyone please help a newbie? Where exactly do I put this code, in which file and where?</blockquote>

@guffas: I have linked the thread with the solution to add css style into that file. But you can try to use it as:

Create templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css file and add new rule

#k2Container a.modal {
    z-index: 0;
    overflow:hidden;
    }

guffas Friend

Thank you very much 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  guffas 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum