Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

I’ve just upgraded my JA OnePage site to Joomla 3.4.1 and the latest JA OnePage version and am in the process of optimising it. When enabling JavaScript and CSS optimisation in the JCH-Optimize plugin I get the following problems:

1. The pictures no longer switch between B/W and coloured depending of whether the mouse is held over them.
    2. Portfolio articles are no longer display respective do not pop up.
    3. The contact us page is a mess with icons being displayed repeatedly scattered all over the module.

There are probably more problems, but that’s all I’ve noticed so far.

My question to you is this: Which javascripts and CSS files do I need to exclude from the optimisation (compression, minify, bundling, deferring) to prevent the above problems.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I suggest that you start compressing one by one, since what’s working for your server and setup isn’t what going to work for everyone.
    There are a lot of different variables that need to be checked in order to fine tune this.

Regards

Manos

Andrew Winkler Friend

I’ve tried excluding them all and the problem still occurred.

Andrew Winkler Friend

We are talking about Siteground here. They are the best when it comes to Joomla hosting.
    What is more, if you read up on Joomla optimisation, they all say the same: use JCH-Optimization.
    However, the moment I enable JCH-Optimization, even in it’s most modest setting, none of the feature used on JA OnePage like JA Popup Articles and the colour changing effect work, which is a real pain.

Andrew Winkler Friend

We are talking about Siteground here. They are the best when it comes to Joomla hosting.
    What is more, if you read up on Joomla optimisation, they all say the same: use JCH-Optimization.
    However, the moment I enable JCH-Optimization, even in it’s most modest setting, none of the feature used on JA OnePage like JA Popup Articles and the colour changing effect work, which is a real pain.

Andrew Winkler Friend

Btw, disabling JS and CSS compression in the template and switching to development mode was the first thing I did.

Andrew Winkler Friend

Btw, disabling JS and CSS compression in the template and switching to development mode was the first thing I did.

Manos Moderator

<em>@andrewwinkler 477066 wrote:</em><blockquote>We are talking about Siteground here. They are the best when it comes to Joomla hosting.
    Btw, disabling JS and CSS compression in the template and switching to development mode was the first thing I did.</blockquote>

Hi, please enable the plugin and let me see the code it produces ( I would rather not enable the plugin myself that’s why I am asking you to do it ).

Regards

Manos Moderator

<em>@andrewwinkler 477066 wrote:</em><blockquote>We are talking about Siteground here. They are the best when it comes to Joomla hosting.
    Btw, disabling JS and CSS compression in the template and switching to development mode was the first thing I did.</blockquote>

Hi, please enable the plugin and let me see the code it produces ( I would rather not enable the plugin myself that’s why I am asking you to do it ).

Regards

Andrew Winkler Friend

I have enabled JCH-Optimize for you. Feel free to disable and reenable it as you please.

The main problem right now I’m having with JA OnePage is that the JA Popup Module is not working at all, regardless whether JCH-Optimize is enabled or not.

Andrew Winkler Friend

I have enabled JCH-Optimize for you. Feel free to disable and reenable it as you please.

The main problem right now I’m having with JA OnePage is that the JA Popup Module is not working at all, regardless whether JCH-Optimize is enabled or not.

Manos Moderator

Hello,

Please check your page again, you can see that I have JCH enable and JA Popup Module is working, please make sure you clear your browsers cache prior visiting your site.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

Hello,

Please check your page again, you can see that I have JCH enable and JA Popup Module is working, please make sure you clear your browsers cache prior visiting your site.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

In case you see the same problem again check your cdn settings, I can see that you have a cdn domain set and cloudflare also, not sure if those 2 play well together.

Manos Moderator

In case you see the same problem again check your cdn settings, I can see that you have a cdn domain set and cloudflare also, not sure if those 2 play well together.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum