Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys!

As usual, this time of every month, we comeback with the preview of our upcoming template. This month – January 2013, we will release JA Page (an one page joomla! template).

Firstly, let’s see some short information of this template that you might be interested in

• One page template
    • Developed with JA T3v3 (the new version of JA T3 framework)
    • Fully compatible with Joomla 2.5 and 3.0
    • Responsive design (fit all devices)
    • Multiple Styles supported

So, it’s time to present you your upcoming January 2013 Joomla! Template: JA Page

Sneak Peek1: Base Theme

View the higher resolution Here

Sneak Peek2: Retro Style

Sneak Peek3: Modern Style

Sneak Peek4: Metro Style

Sneak Peek5: Solid Style

saganomics Friend

Looks great. Can’t wait.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Yeah, very sweet. We’ve been needing this guy in our catalogue!

freissmann Developer

Great! Right template for the right time!

splico123 Friend

Not a very big fan of one page templates, especially for corporate or bigger sites. Maybe next months will be more useful.
    :((

zorroh Friend

same here….

<em>@splico123 351703 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not a very big fan of one page templates, especially for corporate or bigger sites. Maybe next months will be more useful.
    :((</blockquote>

brianss Friend

This type of template seems to work great for a product website or service. I do think the header area should have a slideshow. And the portfolio section could really use a filterable effect for sorting, very common in wordpress themes. It would have also been nice to have a parallax image effect that separates each section.

tfosnom Friend

I guess I agree a lot with Brian. While one page sites are very simplistic in nature, they still need something . . . Maybe for me its the way the page comes up. Some form of seperation between pages is necessary, rather than the fast scroll that has been the norm.

I guess this is the ideal type of site for those obsessed with Google Adsense and as such will fill 5 or 6 pages with adsense. yay! (LOL)

Probably the same crowd that wants to destroy JA Wall’s neat layouts for the same reason . (Wink)

Shannon

splico123 Friend

<em>@brianss 351866 wrote:</em><blockquote>This type of template seems to work great for a product website or service. I do think the header area should have a slideshow. And the portfolio section could really use a filterable effect for sorting, very common in wordpress themes. It would have also been nice to have a parallax image effect that separates each section.</blockquote>
    works with product website or A service, that’s about it, if you have one product or if you provide A service then yea, its OK, but other than that it falls to average templates at best. Not trying to bash JA because i am for years now their user for many of my customers but this type of template is the least usable by 95 percent of users because there is no way that any of us have 1 service or 1 product we would like to showcase only.

So that’s why this template falls short of expectations for excellence that JA is known for.

Aratype Friend

I have the idea to use it for a landing /under construction page and progress news for upcoming sites.

Perhaps with a styled counter will be perfect!

tfosnom Friend

<blockquote>I have the idea to use it for a landing /under construction page and progress news for upcoming sites.</blockquote>

While that’s probably one of the best ideas on usage yet, is the use of landing pages fraught with danger from a SEO (Google) POV?
    I was under the impressions that landing or portal pages are considered ‘black Hat’ to SEO?

Cheers Shannon

dieudonne Friend

Excellent!

And can we use it with K2 ?

Thank in advance for the answer.

Aratype Friend

@ Shanon

This may answer your question:
    http://expo-max.com/news/Black-Hat-SEO-Tactics-to-Avoid-and-What-to-do-Instead/

Happy new year to all…

austenn01 Friend

How can that be blackhat?
    geezzz….

The reason why it CAN be bad, is we know that google LOVES when a webiste has MANY INCOMING links, so what some dodgy people do is they buy lots of domains and create simple one page sites that they use to link to their sites that they want to rank well (therefore creating many INCOMING links….

As long as the one page site has text on it that pertains to the new websites content, then its great….REMEMBER google loves it when we CHANGE out content….whats better than taking a one page site, and making it into a multi page site….Google loves this!

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@austenn01 353174 wrote:</em><blockquote>How can that be blackhat?
    geezzz….

The reason why it CAN be bad, is we know that google LOVES when a webiste has MANY INCOMING links, so what some dodgy people do is they buy lots of domains and create simple one page sites that they use to link to their sites that they want to rank well (therefore creating many INCOMING links….

As long as the one page site has text on it that pertains to the new websites content, then its great….REMEMBER google loves it when we CHANGE out content….whats better than taking a one page site, and making it into a multi page site….Google loves this!</blockquote>

Totally agree!

The one page solution is not the best solution for a site need to be well placed in search engine. It is more for people/team who need a quick solution to present their work/porfolio/CV to client.

However, beside that “one single page” you certainly can setup a blog, a forum, a wiki, a discussion as subsite and build your SEO sstrategy over there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Blaine 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum