Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

it seams that RTL support for new templates is no longer available ! , this is very disappointing for all RTL users like me , Joomlart was the first to provide that , and the first to drop it 🙁

Thx anyway

a frustrated fan

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi,

yes, RTL support for the new templates is no longer being provided and we are yet to take final decision on the fate of RTL support. We are not the first one to drop it, RT dropped it long time back and no longer provide support for RTL.

Like others T3 will support RTL but we do not provide the css files for the same. The templates released with RTL support shall have RTL support all the way.

Hope to have a blog post about the same in the coming weeks.

Regards

digirizon Friend

Oh That’s a wise act ,,,, since “RT” did it !!!!! if i could do a refund i will do it right now >:(

in my opinion, this is the ONLY advantage you have here , otherwise they’re just like any other templates

I’M VERY FRUSTRATED, YOU CAN COUNT ME AS ONE OF THE “NONE RENEWING” CUSTOMER.

syncsarl Friend

Are You considering in anyway to support RTL again?

Hung Dinh Friend

Joomla is using Bootstrap in it’s core to support visual design, UI & UX. The RTL support must be handled at Bootstrap layer, not at the template framework layer.

In Joomla 2..5 and previous versions, there is not UI/UX layer for Joomla so our T3 v1 & v2 handle it pretty well. Things have been changing a lot with the adoption of Bootstrap.

If you do a google search for “Bootstrap RTL” you can find some folked version of Bootstrap for RTL language.

<blockquote>Are You considering in anyway to support RTL again?</blockquote> @syncsarl Yes, we ll consider to support RTL when the official version of Bootstrap in Joomla supports RTL.
    @digirizon: Hope my explanation is clear to you, we all have to understand the situation we are facing right now with the Joomla 3.0 and Bootstrap.

A reminder that we gain experience by learning and doing, we do things that we believe in, and we are confident that we are offering better products then most of the other forks. We don’t do things because someone else is doing the same thing.

PS: you don’t have to write in UPPERCASE, it does not look nice.

syncsarl Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 355828 wrote:</em><blockquote>Joomla is using Bootstrap in it’s core to support visual design, UI & UX. The RTL support must be handled at Bootstrap layer, not at the template framework layer.

In Joomla 2..5 and previous versions, there is not UI/UX layer for Joomla so our T3 v1 & v2 handle it pretty well. Things have been changing a lot with the adoption of Bootstrap.

If you do a google search for “Bootstrap RTL” you can find some folked version of Bootstrap for RTL language.

@syncsarl Yes, we ll consider to support RTL when the official version of Bootstrap in Joomla supports RTL.
    @digirizon: Hope my explanation is clear to you, we all have to understand the situation we are facing right now with the Joomla 3.0 and Bootstrap.

A reminder that we gain experience by learning and doing, we do things that we believe in, and we are confident that we are offering better products then most of the other forks. We don’t do things because someone else is doing the same thing.

PS: you don’t have to write in UPPERCASE, it does not look nice.</blockquote>
    Dear Hung, can you please contact me in private?

Hung Dinh Friend

PM sent @syncsarl

syncsarl Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 355968 wrote:</em><blockquote>PM sent @syncsarl</blockquote>

Cant Reply You vi PM
    maybe we can communicate via Email

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

I have sent you email ID of Hung, you can email him

Regards

tamirzzz2 Friend

Are you sure RT dropped RTL support? as far as I know the use the gantry fw:

http://www.gantry-framework.org/documentation/joomla/advanced/rtl-support-and-limitations

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Tamir,

T3 framework supports RTL, we do not provide RTL styles (css files) for now. So if you have RTL css done the framework will support RTL display. I think RT is also doing the same.

Regards

Arvind

tamirzzz2 Friend

Hi,

Why don`t you provide RTL css`s files? I mean, without RTL support your templates become useless to me and to other millions of RTL language speaker.

Can you please provide us with the RTL css file?

Tnx

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

HI Tamir,

Your question has been answered on the previous page already >> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/it-seams-tha-rtl-support-will-go-in-the-drain-soon/#post-480274

tamirzzz2 Friend

Can you please explain? tnx

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@tamirzzz2 357241 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you please explain? tnx</blockquote>

Yes, I will try, what would you want me to explain btw? I think i have been clear on our stand on the RTL issue that we do not provide RTL support in our templates for over a year now though the framework supports it and we will rethink the RTL support continuation once it is natively supported by the Joomla! itself and we have less Joomla! versions to develop and support for.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mulfi 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum