Hung Dinh Friend
- Join date:
- September 2014
January 30, 2011 at 9:03 am #158316
- 3310 times in 3 posts
JA Bulletin Module for Joomla! 1.6
JA Bulletin Module for Joomla! 1.6 is the module to cover the default joomla most read and latest news. It supports the options to show date, image and can be used in not only a single joomla 1.6 templates
Step 1: Installation
1. Install the module via Joomla Installer
– If you are new to joomla, you can use our detailed guideline for installing module Module Installation Guide
2. Enable the module
3. Assign position for module
This function is to set the position for the module on the front end
Step 2: Configuration
1. Global configuration
From the back-end of your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions->Module Manger, then click on module named JA Bulletin to go to configuration panel
– Title: Title displayed on the front end
– Show Title: Show or Hide the module Title on the front end
– Position: The position of the module displayed on the front end
– Published: published or unpublished the module
– Access: Set accessibility for the module
– Ordering: Set the order of the module on the frond end
– Start Publishing: Set time for starting publishing
– Finish Publishing: Set time for finishing publishing
– Language: Set language for the module
– Note: user can write some useful information here
– ID: ID of the module and its name
– Module Description: Display brief description of the module
2. Set page to display the module
This function is to set the page user want to display the module on.
– Module Assignment: List of type for choosing page to display the module (On all pages, No pages, Only on the pages selected, Only all pages except those selected)
– Menu Selection: List of Menu and all pages in a Menu
3. Content Displaying Configuration
This session is to configure for the displaying of the content and image on the front end
Here is an example that can let you see the difference on front end when we have different configuration
There are 2 types of displaying on the front end including: Latest New and Most Read.
- Module Class Suffix: JA Bulletin has default suffix ‘_blank’
- Type: Type of content displaying (Latest News or Most Read)
- Order: select the order type for items displayed in the module.
- From Resource: select source for the module. The module supports 2 source types: Joomla content (call items from categories of joomla content) and K2 (call items from K2 categories to display in the module)
- Select Categories: Select one or many categories which you want to display list of articles.
- Categories selection: List all of categories. when user choose a categories, the corresponding items will be displayed on the front end
- Number of Displayed Items: Set number of items displayed in this module on the front end
- Featured Items: To show or hide featured articles.
- Show Date: Show or hide date displaying under each item in the module
- Show author: Show or hide author of articles.
- Show Date: Show or hide creation date of articles
- Show Hits: Show or hide hits of articles.
4. Image displaying configuration
This function is to configure the image displaying on the front end.
Here is an example that can let you see what it is look like in front end when you configure
- Show Image: Show or hide image
- Thumbnail Mode: List of different modes for displaying image
- Using Image Source: Use the default size of image
- Using Re-size and Using Crop: Let user to change size of the image
- Image Width: Set the width for Image (Only in Using Re-size and Using Crop mode)
- Image Height: Set the height for Image (Only in Using Re-size and Using Crop mode)
IMPORTANT : For more details on Image Thumbnail modes, Please click HERE.
We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum