Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello Joomlart.

I had a problem using to forum to share sugestions and give tips.

I would like to be able to share tips with other Joomlart users, but I dont want to give tips to everybody online and my compeditors.

So the only thing I can do is to share these tips in my Template section.
    This means I cant help other Joomlart users, only the ones im my template section or everbody on the internet πŸ™

I hope Joomlart could consider to have a genneral section for all of us paying members πŸ™‚

toymaker Friend

And how would that block your competitors from getting the info?

Peace,
    Gabriel

cansay Friend

<em>@toymaker 180642 wrote:</em><blockquote>And how would that block your competitors from getting the info?

Peace,
    Gabriel</blockquote>

I dont think you understand me then.

1. If I want to share with more than the users in my template category, I have to use a 100 % open forum that is indexed by google.

2. If my compeditors use joomlart, I would know πŸ™‚

toymaker Friend

Yes… I usually ask when I don’t understand something. πŸ™‚

Sorry… I come from an IT Security background and in this field; we usually consider that security through obscurity is no security at all. It only feeds your false sense of protection. IMHO, if you don’t want to let your competition know about something you might consider a technical advantage, then don’t post it.

In my case, for example, I have learned that my technical advantage/edge is my ability to learn and deploy new technologies faster than the rest… so I don’t really care if my competition reads my posts or If I even get to unknowingly help them through forums like this from time to time… I will usually be at least a year ahead of them.

Technology turns obsolete… your abilities don’t. πŸ˜‰
    Be a leader, not a follower.

Peace out,
    Gabriel

cansay Friend

<em>@toymaker 180649 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes… I usually ask when I don’t understand something. πŸ™‚

Sorry… I come from an IT Security background and in this field; we usually consider that security through obscurity is no security at all. It only feeds your false sense of protection. IMHO, if you don’t want to let your competition know about something you might consider a technical advantage, then don’t post it.

In my case, for example, I have learned that my technical advantage/edge is my ability to learn and deploy new technologies faster than the rest… so I don’t really care if my competition reads my posts or If I even get to unknowingly help them through forums like this from time to time… I will usually be at least a year ahead of them.

Technology turns obsolete… your abilities don’t. πŸ˜‰
    Be a leader, not a follower.

Peace out,
    Gabriel</blockquote>
    What I have the option to do.

1. Share with my template category – Dont share with the rest of Joomlart.com :((
    2. Share with all of joomlart.com – And share with google. >:(
    3. Dont share at all :((

I have to use 1 then πŸ™

tonyg Friend

If you’re that much concerned about sharing info with your so competitors then I suggest you keep your info to yourself, after all some of your competitors could well be members of Joomlart, how would you know?

toymaker Friend

<em>@cansay 181550 wrote:</em><blockquote>What I have the option to do.

1. Share with my template category – Dont share with the rest of Joomlart.com :((

I have to use 1 then :(</blockquote>

Well… you know… If you don’t share your tips with anybody, they will eventually get here anyways… many others will eventually come up to your same conclusions regarding a better way to do something.

Now, If you really think your tips are something unique, you can build your own “pay to see” site and make the world judge how good your tips are and if they are worth the extra bucks! AFAIK you may even make a living out of it !! 😎

Peace,
    Gabriel

uniquebiz Friend

cansay;181550What I have the option to do.

I have to use 1 then πŸ™

You have to take into account that even if you share via any method, whether it be a closed to members only forum here or a pay for info site like toymaker suggests, you have NO control over what a recipient does with that information.
    Even if you have pay site and declare it a condition that you never reveal the tips, it’s largely unenforceable?

People will share new knowledge with others for free, look at the massive amt of SEO sites that give very comprehensive tips and hints from known professionals and Google staff.

With respect, I don’t think your tips would be that unique or groundbreaking to a large membership here that includes some very skilled and clever professionals to be scared someone is going to rip it off, many as others have pointed out, come to similar solutions and fixes by circumstance.

Best to post a bunch of tips and see who genuinely will say they “knew that”
    Blessings Shannon

cansay Friend

<em>@tonyg 181619 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you’re that much concerned about sharing info with your so competitors then I suggest you keep your info to yourself, after all some of your competitors could well be members of Joomlart, how would you know?</blockquote>

I believe I know the competitors in my segment, but you are correct.

<em>@toymaker 181621 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well… you know… If you don’t share your tips with anybody, they will eventually get here anyways… many others will eventually come up to your same conclusions regarding a better way to do something.</blockquote>
    If everybody thinks like this, progress would be slow in my opinion.

<em>@toymaker 181621 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Now, If you really think your tips are something unique, you can build your own “pay to see” site and make the world judge how good your tips are and if they are worth the extra bucks! AFAIK you may even make a living out of it !! 😎

Peace,
    Gabriel</blockquote>
    Not sure if this is ironic, maybe it is cultural differences or a language barrier.
    But I find that a bit offencive to honest, I know the information im sharing is properly of no value to web designers working with this for a living.
    But for home owners of a website as a hobby I know and believe others can benefit from what im sharing.

Maybe you cant, but then again you are propperly not the users I would write for πŸ™‚

<em>@uniquebiz 181641 wrote:</em><blockquote>You have to take into account that even if you share via any method, whether it be a closed to members only forum here or a pay for info site like toymaker suggests, you have NO control over what a recipient does with that information.
    Even if you have pay site and declare it a condition that you never reveal the tips, it’s largely unenforceable?</blockquote>
    Good point there mate.
    <em>@uniquebiz 181641 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    People will share new knowledge with others for free, look at the massive amt of SEO sites that give very comprehensive tips and hints from known professionals and Google staff.

With respect, I don’t think your tips would be that unique or groundbreaking to a large membership here that includes some very skilled and clever professionals to be scared someone is going to rip it off, many as others have pointed out, come to similar solutions and fixes by circumstance.

Best to post a bunch of tips and see who genuinely will say they “knew that”
    Blessings Shannon</blockquote>

My only point was, I did not know.
    Of course I googled this my self, but it actually took me quite some time to find the solution.
    So others might not know either.

This is the first thread here at joomlart.com where I have accualy felt like an idiot for suggesting something.

I dont understand why people read between the lines, and think what I write indicate I know everything and need to educate the lessor humans on the Internet πŸ˜€

I COME WITH PEACE πŸ™‚ Please dont view or perceive any of my word negativly πŸ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cansay 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum