Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,
    I am trying to polish up a new website made using JA Edenite – there is one small formatting problem that I would like to figure out.

When I installed Edenite, the topsl section was defined to have a width of 98%. This width results in cutting of the right most part of the the slideshow slides leaving a 2% whitespace gap which looks “unpolished”. In the Joomlart demo system the slides are not cut off filling up the complete column space – so I assume that the topsl width is set to 100%. And when I edit the css in my system to make the topsl width 100% this seems to work.

My question (finally) is – someone must have made the topsl width 98% on purpose – I mean no one would intentionally alter a perfect looking layout to make it look imperfect. So what side affects am I likely to see by setting the topsl width to 100%? So far I have not seen any.

Many thanks, Scott

cornerstone Friend

It’s an Internet Explorer 6 problem. For IE6 an extra margin is added, so at 100% + padding it’s now too big for the gap.

….which doesn’t solve the issue of the gap on the right, which looks wrong.

Hard-coding the width in pixels may be one way to go – haven’t tried it though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cornerstone 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum