Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello,

How do I make it possible to have html formatting available for intros? I would like to have things like blockquotes, css, lists, etc visible in the module and article intros. Whatever formatting I put in is stripped out completely.

I would like this available for JA Content Slider intros and all other module and article intros such as “Supply Chain Services”— found here.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Best,
    Zechariah

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Zechariah,

If you want these things (blockquotes, css, lists, etc…) appear front end of your site (in intros part), they must belong to intro text of that article. As I can see in detail page of article, it isn’t intro text.

zdmdesignz Friend

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

How do I know how to or actually make it intro text? That is, where is this page and setting you’re seeing and where is all this configured?

Saguaros Moderator

The intro text should be placed before the readmore button, please follow this document for more information: http://docs.joomla.org/Splitting_an_Article_into_an_introduction_with_a_link_to_read_more

zdmdesignz Friend

Hello,

While I very much appreciate your response and willingness to help, the solution you’re suggesting is not working.

Please note all the blockquotes and ems in my code inside the “intros” (before ‘read more’) in the JA Content Slider at position-5. Per my original thread message, these intros and read more buttons have always been there for this module, yet the markup is not displaying in the intro. I will add the read more buttons to position-1/2/3 to demonstrate the issue further.

Please let me know if there is something I’m missing.

Update 1… With or without the ‘read more’, I am not even able to increase the font size inside the preliminary text (intro). This is a major issue.

Update 2… When the ‘read more’ is added to the article, it removes the “…”, making the text look incomplete and erroneous. Only when the ‘read more’ is removed does it add the “…”, making the text lead the reader to click to read more.

1. How can the ‘…’ be added to the end of the text where the ‘read more’ is inserted?
    2. How can html markup be displayed without the useage of the ‘read more’?

Either one of these will work great 🙂 I simply need to have my html markups display in the beginning of the articles and also have the … display.

Saguaros Moderator

You can PM me admin credentials of your site, I will check it for you.

zdmdesignz Friend

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any progress with this request.

Thank You

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Zechariah,

In most of Joomla module, the introtext is often stripped so that when splitting string in introtext, it can work correctly, otherwise it may cause unexpected error. If you still want not to strip some HTML tags, you go to the file: modulesmod_jacontentsliderhelper.php

Let’s look at line 718:

$row->introtext = SmartTrim::mb_trim ( strip_tags($row->introtext), 0, $maxchars, $doc->_charset );

replace it with:

$row->introtext = SmartTrim::mb_trim ( strip_tags($row->introtext, '<blockquote><em>'), 0, $maxchars, $doc->_charset );

<blockquote><em> are tags that will not be stripped out.

You should also take a backup of file first before making change.

zdmdesignz Friend

Thank you for the reply. How is this achieved with the rest of the modules/articles? For instance, those in the position-1 through position-3 positions etc?

Saguaros Moderator

In these positions, we use JA Sidenews module and here is my suggestion:

– Download the file attached below and copy it to this folder: /modules/mod_jasidenews (to replace the helper.php file)
    – Open the file: /templates/ja_mero/html/mod_jasidenews/default.php, at approx line 46

Replace:

<?php echo $helper->trimString( strip_tags($item->introtext), $descMaxChars); ?>

With:

<?php echo $helper->truncateHtml($item->introtext, $descMaxChars,'<blockquote>'); ?>

Hope this helps.

1. helper.zip
    zdmdesignz Friend

Saguaros,

Thank you very much for your help and expertise. This has indeed solved my problem.

Best,
    Zechariah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zdmdesignz 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum