Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I got this from MiCCAS sticky post

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/regarding-quillaja-quickstart/

[Quote from MiCCAS] Regarding Quillaja QuickStart
    If you’re having trouble installing QuickStart for JA Quillaja, please make sure that you follow these steps:

1. Download the latest version of Joomla from http://www.joomla.org
    2. Upload the extracted package to your host
    3. Overwrite the files with the ones from the quickstart package
    4. Proceed to install
    [/Quote]

The latest version of Joomla is 1.5.4

The Joomlart Quillaja v1.2 for Joomla! 1.5.x : Quickstart included Joomla! 1.5.3
    JA Quillaja v1.2 for Joomla! 1.5.x : Quickstart included Joomla! 1.5.3 + Template & Extensions installation packages (5.95 MB)

Based on the MiCCAS procedure, you

overwrite a Joomla 1.5.4 with Joomla 1.5.3

I may not know scripting but won’t this proposed procedure erase the scripts changes of the Joomla 1.5.4 back to Joomla 1.5.3

Jooomla 1.5.4 is mainly a security release patch, with other bug fixes and features thrown in.

So, you are you sacrificing security for the sake of being able to do a Quickstart kit?

I would be interested to see the resulting site.

Why not just do standard Joomla 1.5.4 installation and then install the JA JA Quillaja v1.2 template?

Cornelio

Menalto Friend

If you look at the date he posted it: 11-24-2007, 01:20 AM
    That means over 6 months ago, even before Joomlart made templates for 1.5 version.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Menalto 66306 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you look at the date he posted it: 11-24-2007, 01:20 AM
    That means over 6 months ago, even before Joomlart made templates for 1.5 version.</blockquote>

Then it should have been updated or marked out of date (don’t use) Menalto. Otherwise, people will just take it as still applicable. Even if we are talking about December, the QuickStart kit of Joomlart is usually behind Joomla.

And, if it is 2007, then we are talking about Joomla 1.0.12. To my knowledge Joomla was 1.0.13, I remember that the QuickStstart kit I was using was not up-to-date. I had to upgrade:

But, if we use the same parallel, why suggest latest Joomla 1.0.13 => to Joomla 1.0.12 (from QuickStart)????

so the criticism is still the same:a backward downgrade, not upgrade.

Also, to my knowledge there were many errors in the Joomla 1.0.x files, actually. They were fourteen or so misspelled names of files — fortunately, they were in several folders but in just one mother directory. I reported the in the Forum but it was met with deafening silence. I have to edit them myself everytime I download a new 1.0x version.

Cornelio

Sherlock Friend

hi cgc0202
    Ja is updating some extensions, then JA will update Joomla 1.5.3 to 1.5.4, plz wait

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@nguoiabcd 66889 wrote:</em><blockquote>hi cgc0202
    Ja is updating some extensions, then JA will update Joomla 1.5.3 to 1.5.4, plz wait</blockquote>

Good to know that nguoiabcd. And, I hope they add more fixes, from what was discussed and resolved in the Forum. Thanks. Cornelio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum