Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

1. Introduction

As you can see in the internet, a lot of websites has paper effect in their design style.JoomlArt designer team bring it to Joomla in their unique way.
    When visitors are reading content in your site, they will feel familiar with this Olyra template because they are almost working in office. Traditional main menu in the left side make your web will more accessible and easier to navigate. Beside 3 predefine module styles, JA Olyra has special icon menu that make your site more eye-catching.
    So now, let’s use it as your own way.

2. Template Installation

a. In Administration area choose Installers->Templates – Site

b. Click browser and choose template in zip format which you have downloaded from JoomlArt.com and click Upload file & Install

c. Choose JA Olyra as your default template.

3. Menu Types Configuration
    JA Olyra offers you 4 types of our traditional menu.
    The menus applied are JA Split Menu, JA Suckerfish Menu and JA Transmenu.

JA Split Menu: A vertical menu with sub menu items of current menu display in left column.

JA Suckerfish Menu: Flat and fast drop down menu using CSS based markup.

JA Transmenu Menu: Famous animated, transparent JavaScript drop down menu.

To choose your menu type, go to the 32 nd line in the “ja_olyra/
    index.php
    ” and change $ja_menutype to what
    you need.
    1 is Split Menu, 2 is Suckerfish, 3 is Transmenu

4. Screen Resolution Configuration
    JA Olyra allow you to set 3 types of screen resolution. You can easily config JA Olyra template’s width by
    modifying the Template Configurations part in the “ja_olyra/index.php“.

To choose which screen’s width you want to use, go to the 24 th line of
    the “ja_olyra/index.php” file and change the value of $ja_width_default to ‘wide’ (1024×768), ‘narrow’ (800×600),

5. Font Resizer Configuration
    You can also configurate the font resizer function. Go to
    “ja_olyra/index.php” and replace the value of
    $ja_font_size_default
    to the size you want. You can choose the font size
    ranged from 1 upto 6.

6. Color Configuration
    JA Olyra comes with 3 colors, the default green and the alternate red color. To change default template color, go to
    “ja_olyra/index.php” and change
    $ja_color_default
    to the color you want (‘default’, ‘red’, ‘blue’)

7. Tools Configuration

To enable/disable the font and resolution resizer, you can use the variable $ja_tool in the 30th line

Set to 0 to disable all, 1 to enable resolution, 2
    to enable font tool and 3 to enable both resolution and font, 4 to enable only color, 5 is to enable color and resolution, 6 is to enable color and font and 7 is enable all.

8. Typography
    Here are the guideline help you using our pre-built typgraphies to decorate your content.

The New Blockquote (with open and close quote). Use <div class=”blockquote”><blockquote>Your quote goes here!</blockquote></div>

The Hilight Blockquote. Use <div class=”quote-hilite”><blockquote>Your quote goes here!</blockquote></div>

Rounded Speech Bubble. Use <div class=”bubble1″> <div> <div> <div> <div> Your Bubble goes here! </div> </div> </div> </div>Bubble </div>

Square Speech Bubble. Use <div class=”bubble2″> <div> Your Bubble goes here! </div>Bubble </div>

Rounded Thinking Bubble. Use <div class=”bubble3″> <div> <div> <div> <div> Your Bubble goes here! </div> </div> </div> </div>Bubble </div>

Square Thinking Bubble. Use <div class=”bubble4″> <div> Your Bubble goes here! </div>Bubble </div>

The traditional ones are:

The Pin Note. Use <p class=”pinnote”>Your note</p> to form a pin note

The Sticky Note. Use <p class=”stickynote “>Your note</p> to form a sticky note

The Contact Note. Use <p class=”contact”>Your note</p> to form a contact box

The Block Number. Use <p class=”blocknumber”><span class=”bignumber”>Number</span>Your content</p> to form a block with big number.

Highlight text. Use <span class=”highlight”>Your text</span>

Tips. Use <p class=”tips”>Your tip</p>

Source code. Use <div class=”tips”>Your code</div>. You can also use the <pre>
    tag instead.

Blockquote. Use <blockquote>Your quote</blockquote>. Note: for simple and semantic markup, the blockquote is designed with only the open sign.

Error message. Use <p class=”error”>Your error message</p>

Info message. Use <p class=”message”>Your info</p>

Drop cap style. Use <p>< span class=”dropcap”>D</span>rop cap</p>

9. Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I want to add a template position in to my Joomla!
    A:
    Go to your Administration Panel, Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions. Add your template positions and hit the Save button.

Q: Where can I change my footer?
    A:
    If you want to change or remove something in the footer, just open the
    “ja_olyra/footer.php” then modify it to suite your
    needs.

Q: My images take a lot of white space and do not look good?
    A:
    The {mosimage} may show some extra padding and margin. To solve this
    problem, go to your Joomla! Administrator -> Mambots
    -> Site Mambots
    and change the margin and padding parameters of
    MOS Image mambot to 0.

Q: Images without caption are stuck with text?
    A:It is because Joomla! generates the code different when {mosimage} has and doesn’t have its caption. So when you decide that the image will not having a caption, put it between the div tag like this <div class=”mosimage” style=”float: left;”>{mosimage}</div>

Q: I changed my default color/font/resolution but when I refresh the page,
    it didn’t change?

A:
    JA template use client’s cookie to save your preferences. If you made change to default value,
    please close the browser, open a blank new window and then clear the browser’s cookie. You’ll see
    the new preferences applied.

Q: Some of my menu looks horrible. Why?
    A:
    Menus in JA templates are designed with the most semantic mark up are used over the net, it’s the list style.
    If you made change to the menu type, go to you menu module and change the menu type parameter to Flat List.
    It will solve the problem.

Q: I want to change some graphic contents
    A:
    PSD/PNG files and fonts can be found in the template’s source package.
    Please download the file at our download page in case you need to modify
    something.

ErikThorsen Friend

Potential “bug” in the text:

2nd template of July??? This is the first template of July? Or where are you hiding the first template of July?

I guess that is all I have for now. 🙂 Ohh, yes, and of course, there seemed to be quite a few links on your demo which wasn’t working. Might be temporary or something. I don’t know.

instantinlaw Friend

Buggy from the get go. When you mouse over one of the icons top right, then move the mouse slightly up, you see the link text to the top left in a wide screen browser. There is also some text showing behind the icon area.

jonjwelch Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 19888 wrote:</em><blockquote>Buggy from the get go. When you mouse over one of the icons top right, then move the mouse slightly up, you see the link text to the top left in a wide screen browser. There is also some text showing behind the icon area.</blockquote>
    Hi there, I don’t really think its a bug (I may be wrong)

To me it just seems as if the text you are describing is simply one of the Menu Items from the Top Nav bar which is called ‘Sample Content’. You would simply need to make sure that you do not make any of your Top Nav Bar items as long.

Khanh Le Moderator

<blockquote>
    2nd template of July??? This is the first template of July? Or where are you hiding the first template of July?
    </blockquote>
    It is a typo mistake when creating logo and it will be fixed soon.

<blockquote>
    Ohh, yes, and of course, there seemed to be quite a few links on your demo which wasn’t working. Might be temporary or something. I don’t know.
    </blockquote>
    The .htaccess file is missing when we uploading. All links work fine now.
    <blockquote>
    Buggy from the get go. When you mouse over one of the icons top right, then move the mouse slightly up, you see the link text to the top left in a wide screen browser. There is also some text showing behind the icon area.
    </blockquote>
    The icon menu is updated to fix this bug.

Thank you for your kindly report of the bugs.
    Best regard,
    Khanh Le

kallan Friend

Hi,

Theres a few issues with the users guide that I have found.
    With the Typography instructions each section ie rounded speech bubble, square speech bubble – seems to have two different instructions

Square Speech Bubble. Use <div class=”bubble2″> <div> etc

and in the speech bubble it says use <div class=”bubble2″><div><div><div><div>Your bubble goes here

Also all the speech bubbles actually need another <div> tag so it should read <div class=”bubble2″><div><div><div><div><div>Your bubble goes here.

If there is someway I can help edit these files please let me know.

Regards,
    Kiwidesign

instantinlaw Friend

Still not fixed Khanh. The text behind the icon area is gone, but the text top left is still there. (see original post this thread).

dark helmet Friend

Did this get fixed? I don’t have a wide screen though.

instantinlaw Friend

dark helmet;21101Did this get fixed? I don’t have a wide screen though.

Nope…….

amyjustine Friend

hello all…

i was missing a guide to the module positions in olyra.
    is there one anywhere ?

best regards
    amy

mpimagery Friend

<em>@amyjustine 21327 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello all…

i was missing a guide to the module positions in olyra.
    is there one anywhere ?

best regards
    amy</blockquote>

From what I’ve seen there isn’t, however if you put a index.php?tp=1 after the url you will be able to see the positions of the modules, eg. http://template.joomlart.com/ja_olyra/index.php?tp=1

Hope that helps..

orpheus2510 Friend

Or have a look on this

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  orpheus2510 16 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum