Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Have you seen this message ??

“There was an error uploading this file to the server.”php.ini upload_max_filesize directive

Sometimes one might receive this error when trying to install a template. This error is due to the configuration of the upload_max_filesize directive in the php.ini file

Sometimes this directive, for security reason, is set from the hosting company web server to 2 Mb

Many templates, and all quickstart packages, are larger then 2 MB – so when a customer tries to install the template, he/she receives this error –> “There was an error uploading this file to the server.”

Therefore, we recommend setting this value to at least at 8 MB

To do this, open your php.ini file with a text editor (like Notepad++ or similar).
    Search this portion of code upload_max_filesize and change the value from 2 MB to 8 MB

If you don’t have access to the php.ini file, ask to your Hosting Provider to do this for you

jooservices Friend

Hi
    Just adding some method you can do in case your hosting provide do not allow for custom php.ini
    #1 htaccess

php_value post_max_size 10M
    php_value upload_max_filesize 10M

#2 php function
    http://php.net/manual/en/function.ini-set.php

Thank you
    Viet Vu

voiceofrohingya Friend

My hosting company already increased the the limit. but I am not getting the error msg which you mentioned.

voiceofrohingya Friend

My hosting company already increased the the limit. but I am not getting the error msg which you mentioned.

Thanks

madajoomla Friend

Thank you…it worked for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  madajoomla 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum