Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I just installed the quickstart and I can not view the site, it displays the following error:

<blockquote>Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /homepages/17/d251738127/htdocs/websites/elcycortorreal.com/modules/mod_jaslideshow2/helper.php on line 269</blockquote>

How I can solve this problem?

1. Captura
    Manos Moderator

Hi,

Which joomla version did you install?

Regards

Manos

maxwellnorman Friend

Since installing the quickstart with the joomla 1.5.22 version gave me the error shown above.

I went to the administration and disable all modules mod_jaslideshow2 then so I could view the site.

The site was updated to joomla version 1.5.23

mod_jaslideshow2 still not working.

How I can resolve this?

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I suggest that you should try upgrade all JA plugins and modules via JA Extension Manager and see if that helps, or you can provide me with some temp admin access to check this issue further.

Regards

Manos

maxwellnorman Friend

<em>@pascm 266352 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I suggest that you should try upgrade all JA plugins and modules via JA Extension Manager and see if that helps, or you can provide me with some temp admin access to check this issue further.

Regards

Manos</blockquote>

How do I send access?

TomC Moderator

<em>@maxwellnorman 266627 wrote:</em><blockquote>How do I send access?</blockquote>
    Just sent him a private message (PM) with a temporary site admin username and password
    – along with the url to your site, of course.

Click on pascm’s name (above his photo) and a pop-out box will appear –> click “Private Message.”

😎

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I turned off ja slideshow since you are on php ver 4.x I suggest that you ask your host to upgrade your php version is not supported.

Regards

Manos

maxwellnorman Friend

<em>@pascm 266706 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I turned off ja slideshow since you are on php ver 4.x I suggest that you ask your host to upgrade your php version is not supported.

Regards

Manos</blockquote>

Excellent, I’ve added AddType x-mapp-php5 .php to the file .htaccess in the root of my site, this to use version 5.2 of PHP. The problem has been resolved.

Thank you very much for your help. 😀

Manos Moderator

Hi maxwellnorman,

I am glad that this is sorted out the best way for you!!! And we will also like to see your site when you are ready for that here : – SOTM Competition & Member Showcase

Regards

Manos

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum