Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I thought you added tp=? or something like that to the end of the URL? Can someone point me to a module position map for Teline II?

Also, I need some info on the color options. I want to mix and match some.

Thanks.
    TeeTide

bigrk Friend
    teetide Friend

Ah, thats it. Thanks bigrk.

Looks like the module positions are the same as Teline.

bigrk Friend

Similar but not really the same. You have to consider the many different sections that tie into this version and if you haven’t already looked check out all the different RSS Feeds for each menu item page. Like I have said already this version was very well thought out.

teetide Friend

<em>@bigrk 49848 wrote:</em><blockquote> if you haven’t already looked check out all the different RSS Feeds for each menu item page.</blockquote>

Whoa, whoa…hold on. RSS feeds? I’d love to see that because the majority of my content is going to have to come in via RSS. Humor me here and go a little further with the RSS talk. What/where are you talking about?

bigrk Friend

I was talking about the RSS feeds for the website the ones our users would subscribe to. But in Joomla 1.5 it is easy to set up feeds actually it has always been easy to do that. If you are having problems creating modules and inserting code for feeds from other sites contact me when you’re having a problem and I will try to help you out with that.

teetide Friend

‘Preciate it my friend.

mfcphil Friend

<em>@bigrk 49854 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was talking about the RSS feeds for the website the ones our users would subscribe to. But in Joomla 1.5 it is easy to set up feeds actually it has always been easy to do that. If you are having problems creating modules and inserting code for feeds from other sites contact me when you’re having a problem and I will try to help you out with that.</blockquote>

Sounds like you just offered a nice tutorial for everyone there Randy 😀

teetide Friend

I’ll just go ahead and put my tutorial request in. I want RSS headlines from three different news sources running down the right side of Hillary and Obama’s pictures, similar to the CNN layout.

bigrk Friend

<em>@TeeTide 49921 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ll just go ahead and put my tutorial request in. I want RSS headlines from three different news sources running down the right side of Hillary and Obama’s pictures, similar to the CNN layout.</blockquote>

Do you really want to put RSS Feeds in the main opening section of your website? Have you already downloaded and installed this template? What is the url? I won’t be using this template right away and would most likely need access to your backend and all the feed info with a design you envision to see whats possible to include that many feeds in such a small area. PM me the details.

Phil, I wouldn’t wait around to long for a tutorial as the Joomla Feeds are very easy but what TeeTide wants to do isn’t really the norm and would most likely apply to this template only.

teetide Friend

Seems like nothing I come up with is the norm. 😀

But yes, that’s what I want to do. My web web guy is tinkering with it on his test server right now. I’ll hit you with the details later.

scarng Friend

<em>@TeeTide 49829 wrote:</em><blockquote>I thought you added tp=? or something like that to the end of the URL? Can someone point me to a module position map for Teline II?

Also, I need some info on the color options. I want to mix and match some.

Thanks.
    TeeTide</blockquote>
    append
    &tp=1
    to the end of any url in Joomla it will show you the inline positions of the page your viewing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scarng 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum