Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi.

System Joomla 1.7.3
    Ja_Purity ii 1.2.0
    JA T3 Framework 1.3.2
    Firefox 9.0.1

I tried to insert a RSS Feedlink to my Blog section at

http://www.endodontie-online.com/index.php/de/blog

But when I use the Joomla Module “Syndicate Feed” I get this message

Call to undefined method JDocumentFeed::getHeadData() in /homepages/29/d70286085/htdocs/endo_online/online/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 530

Joomla cache and Purity Cache is off, same message when cache is on. So I canceled this module.

I tried in the Menu section ( Category_Blog) to activate the Integration Option “Feedlink” so the Feed Icon is shown in the Browsers adress bar. Did not work.
    Browsers Cache was cleared every time I tried it.

So what is wrong here. Thanks for advice.

Best regards

Stefan

So whats wrong

amandasmith Friend

This is now easy with 1.7 (not sure if available earlier) … goto extensions>module manager>new>syndication feeds and this will create a feed for any page it is displayed upon.. use the module assignment section on the right to determine where in your site it shows up.

wurzelkaries Friend

Thanks for your help.

I tried it and this shows up.

Call to undefined method JDocumentFeed::getHeadData() in /homepages/29/d70286085/htdocs/endo_online/online/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 530

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Stefan

wurzelkaries Friend
    hankedson Friend

Hello Stefan,

I am getting the same error message. Can you tell me how you fixed your problem. It might help me!

Hank

<em>@wurzelkaries 294773 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your help.

I tried it and this shows up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Stefan</blockquote>

wurzelkaries Friend

<em>@hankedson 309567 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello Stefan,

I am getting the same error message. Can you tell me how you fixed your problem. It might help me!

Hank</blockquote>

I fixed it so far.

Solution can be found here.

http://stackideas.com/easyblog/why-a…joomla-17.html

Best regards

Stefan

hankedson Friend

Hi Stefan,

My apologies, but I must lack the skills you have. I clicked on that link before I emailed you as you had posted it before, but unfortunately I don’t know how to understand how you fixed this problem simply by looking at the webpage you linked to. Can you please tell me a little more specifically what changes you had to make in order to get your RSS feed to work? I’m really stuck. I’d really appreciate your help if you have time.

Thank you,

Hank

wurzelkaries Friend

<em>@hankedson 309868 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Stefan,

My apologies, but I must lack the skills you have. I clicked on that link before I emailed you as you had posted it before, but unfortunately I don’t know how to understand how you fixed this problem simply by looking at the webpage you linked to. Can you please tell me a little more specifically what changes you had to make in order to get your RSS feed to work? I’m really stuck. I’d really appreciate your help if you have time.

Thank you,

Hank</blockquote>

The green underlined quote is what I have done.

Best regards

Why are my rss feeds showing a blank page on Joomla 1.7?

This may be due to a caching issue in Joomla 1.7. There are 2 ways to determine whether or not this error is related to Joomla 1.7’s caching issue:

Method #1
    Go to “Site > Global Configuration > System > Debug Settings” and set “Debug System” to “Yes”. Visit the url of your RSS feeds and see if you can now see your RSS feeds. If you can now see the RSS feeds, then it is related to Joomla 1.7’s caching issue. (Remember to turn set “Debug System” back to “No”)

Method #2
    If you have PHP error reporting enabled, you should be able to see the following error messages:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method JDocumentFeed::getHeadData() in /public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php on line 530
    If this is the error message, then it is related to Joomla 1.7’s caching issue.

Solution #1 (Temporary)
    You can clear your Joomla! cache by going to “Site > Maintenance > Clear Cache”, and you should be able to see your RSS feeds.

Solution #2 (Permanent)
    For a permanent solution, you will need to modify “libraries/joomla/cache/cache.php” at around line 528.

Replace this line:
    if ($loptions[‘nohead’] != 1) {
    With this line:
    if ($loptions[‘nohead’] != 1 && method_exists($document, ‘getHeadData’)) {

And you should be able to see your RSS feeds now.

Credits to Roy for provided the workaround at http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2663979.

hankedson Friend

Hi Stefan,

My problem was that I was just getting sent to the stackideas front page. After doing a chat with one of their customer service reps, he helped me get to the page you were linking me to. Thanks for your help!

Hank

wurzelkaries Friend

You’re welcome.

I’m glad to help you. So much others helped me.

Cheers

Stefan

<em>@hankedson 309871 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Stefan,

My problem was that I was just getting sent to the stackideas front page. After doing a chat with one of their customer service reps, he helped me get to the page you were linking me to. Thanks for your help!

Hank</blockquote>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wurzelkaries 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum