Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I have two general suggestions to Joomlart in improving some of the usability of the templates:

1. When calling a date to appear in the template, please use the Joomla! API (getDate) in order the template to show the relevant time offset. In the case of ja_social, it will be replacing:

<?php
    echo "<span class="day">".date ('l')."</span>";
    echo "<span class="date">, ".date ('M')." ".date ('d').date ('S')."</span>";
    ?>

with:

<?php
    $app =& JFactory::getApplication();
    $date = JFactory::getDate();
    $date->setOffset($app->getCfg('offset'));
    echo $date->toFormat('<span class="day">%A,</span><span class="date">%d %B %Y</span>');
    ?>

That way, the date will not only use the Joomla! offsetting, but will also be translatable into other languages automatically, without the need of hacks (you can see a lot of them in the forum).
    It is a very minor change, but it will save a lot of time to Joomlart members.

2. Replace the current link on the logo (goes to index.php) to go to the root directly. Google doesn’t like duplicated content and this link over the logo creates two pages (with and without index.php) to be exactly the same.
    You can replace the index.php link with:

<?php echo JURI::base(); ?>
    It is also a very minor change, but will improve the templates in general.

hilfiger Friend

hi

I dont know much css or any webdesign :), can u tell me in which files should i replace the codes?

VisiGod Friend

This was basically targeting the Joomlart stuff, but however.

In 1. Go to templates/ja_social/blocks/ and download the topbar.php – make the changes there. Then in order to not hack the template go to templates/ja_social/core/themes/THE_COLOR_YOU_USE/ create there a new folder named blocks and upload the file there.

In 2. Go to templates/ja_social/blocks and download header.php – make the changes there. Then upload the changed file in templates/ja_social/core/themes/THE_COLOR_YOU_USE/blocks (it already should exist as you crated it in point 1).

hilfiger Friend

thanx for the quick reply

Urszula Dziki Friend

Thank you for that! and changed for doublicate page that is brilliant!

goldorakiller Friend

I’m sorry but where i put the code for the index.php in header.php ?

Here my code :

[PHP]<h1 class=”logo”>
    <a href=”index.php” title=”<?php echo $siteName; ?>”><span><?php echo $siteName; ?></span></a>
    </h1>[/PHP]

and i replace with this :
    [PHP]<h1 class=”logo”>
    <a href=”index.php” title=”<?php echo $siteName; ?>”><span><?php echo JURI::base(); ?></span></a>
    </h1>[/PHP]

Is this correct ?

Urszula Dziki Friend

replace first code with this:

<h1 class=”logo”>

<a href=”<?php echo JURI::base(); ?>” title=”<?php echo $siteName; ?>”><span><?php echo $siteName; ?></span></a>

</h1>

Urszula Dziki Friend

oops sorry wrong post

knightofthenight Friend

Wow.

Great Works fine..

BR

Knight

gabbya Friend

Workinng 100% hebrew
    Thanx Champ

zorroh Friend

how to translate this to right format?
    <?php

echo “<span class=”day”>”.date (‘D’).”</span>”;

echo “<span class=”month”>”.date (‘m’).”</span>”;

echo “<span class=”date”>”.date (‘d’).”</span>”;

echo “<span class=”year”>”.date (‘Y’).”</span>”;

?>

//TELINE IV

TomC Moderator

Am I the only one who thinks zorroh looks like Nick Lachey?

😉

1. NickLachey
    zorroh Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 207651 wrote:</em><blockquote>Am I the only one who thinks zorroh looks like Nick Lachey?

;)</blockquote>

hahahhaha, maybe littlebit similar

fabiolima Friend

Hello Visigoth,
    Can I add one more suggestion?
    The same amendment on the link in the header must also be made at the bottom too.
    Thanks for your tip and I have helped.
    Good luck.

sushismb Friend

Hello,

I’d like to clarify if this is the right thing to do.

Thanks!

<em>@goldorakiller 195296 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m sorry but where i put the code for the index.php in header.php ?

Here my code :

[PHP]<h1 class=”logo”>
    <a href=”index.php” title=”<?php echo $siteName; ?>”><span><?php echo $siteName; ?></span></a>
    </h1>[/PHP]

and i replace with this :
    [PHP]<h1 class=”logo”>
    <a href=”index.php” title=”<?php echo $siteName; ?>”><span><?php echo JURI::base(); ?></span></a>
    </h1>[/PHP]

Is this correct ?</blockquote>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  yvan01 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum