Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The module takes all text in the content article and no the keywords only… so, my question is: is possible show results by article keywords only?

if this is not possible … there any way to filter results by tags? but in the search box, not with drop-down selection.

I need that the results are not shown by any word in the content because the results are not as accurate.

Thanks
    (sorry for my bad english)

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Please open the setting form of JA K2 filter module and select “Extrac phrase” option for the “keyword search mode” setting.

Save the form and test again if it works as you expect.

ekhymosis06 Friend

thanks but not works…

Apparently, the module is designed to look up fields in the content/title/keywords at the same time…. not only 1.

Thanks again..

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I’m sorry, I misunderstood your question.
    If you want search result to return items that has keyword field matching a given search keyword, please try solution below:
    – Upgrade JA K2 Filter component to latest version 1.1.2
    – Once done, open the file: components/com_jak2filter/models/itemlist.php
    – Find the code snippet:
    [PHP]( LOWER(i.title) LIKE “.$quoted.” OR LOWER(i.introtext) LIKE “.$quoted.” OR LOWER(i.`fulltext`) LIKE “.$quoted.” OR LOWER(i.extra_fields_search) LIKE “.$quoted.” OR LOWER(i.image_caption) LIKE “.$quoted.” OR LOWER(i.image_credits) LIKE “.$quoted.” OR LOWER(i.video_caption) LIKE “.$quoted.” OR LOWER(i.video_credits) LIKE “.$quoted.” OR LOWER(i.metadesc) LIKE “.$quoted.” OR LOWER(i.metakey) LIKE “.$quoted.”)[/PHP]

– And replace it with:
    [PHP]( LOWER(i.metakey) LIKE “.$quoted.”)[/PHP]

Regarding filter by tag question, JA K2 filter just provides an option to select tag from drop box now, it does not have an option to display tag field as text box field.

ekhymosis06 Friend

WOW!!!

works perfect… Thank you so much.

ekhymosis06 Friend

Now, with the last upgrade (1.1.3), this hack is not applicable.
    :((

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

We have updated keyword search function in version 1.1.3 which allows you to search with advanced terms and multiple terms at the same time. You can learn more about this feature here
    http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-component/ja-k2-filter#new-feature

In you case, if you want to search in meta data only, you need add the prefix inmetadata: before a keyword (E.g: inmetadata:”some words”)

You can play around with this feature on our demo site here
    http://joomla-extensions.demo.joomlart.com/

P/S: as you can see on our demo page, in next version we have added tip for how to make advanced search with keyword field. You should add this tip next to keyword serch field on your search form, so it can help your user easierly search on your site.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum