Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Helly guys and maybe womans 😉

I think the Show / hide navigation when scrolling with the mouse is very nice. As example http://www.joomlart.com/ works with this feature. Some Website have a sticky Navigation when scrolling, but the show / hide when scrolling its very exclusive.

Is it permissible and possible to implement this function in the medicare template?

TomC Moderator

It’s possible – though it will involve some CSS modification for your particular site display.

My recommendation would be to inspect the CSS for the main-nav/navbar for the Joomlart home page, and then experiment with similar CSS settings within your own site. A great tool to use for this is FIREBUG.

thkellmann Friend

Hello TomC,
    my skills are not enough to develop such css extensions.
    I am looking for a developer and publish the results in this post.
    Which platform would you recommend when a good Joomla / T3 developer is required?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @thkellmann,

We do have a tutorial to implement it in BS3 Blank template, but since you’re using another template, you should tweak some parts as below :

1. Open file root_folder/templates/ja_medicare/tpls/blocks/topbar.php and look for this code :

<nav class="wrap t3-topbar">

then update as below :

<nav class="wrap t3-topbar" data-spy="affix" data-offset-top="1">

2. Next, open file root_folder/templates/ja_medicare/tpls/blocks/header.php and look for this code :

<header id="t3-header" class="wrap t3-header clearfix">

then update as below :

<header id="t3-header" class="wrap t3-header clearfix" data-spy="affix" data-offset-top="1">

3. Last step is to open file root_folder/templates/ja_medicare/css/custom.css (if you don’t have this file, just create a new one) then add this code :

.t3-topbar.affix,
    #t3-header.affix {
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    z-index: 999;
    background: #fff;
    }
    #t3-header.affix {
    top: 50px;
    }

thkellmann Friend

Hello Adam,

i insert the css code. In the Picures you can check the effect in the medicare template.
    There seems to be more complex than expected.

The Modul position topbar and menu change its width while scrolling.

The module position topbar must be hidden, unfortunately it scrolls.
    The Template here http://ja-muzic.demo.joomlart.com/ have the same Positions, in this example scroll only the Menu and not the Topbar. Maybe it help the hint.

1. show-hide-main-navigation-01
    2. show-hide-main-navigation-02
    thkellmann Friend

I decided to buy the adaptation of a developer.
    I am convinced that you can realize it too, but it would be too much work for free Support.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thkellmann 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum