Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    I have installed the quickstart as a complete new install.
    The site and template run ok, but when i go to the shop i get a complete blank page.
    Also when i click on a product i get that blank page.

In the source of that blank page it only says: “<div id=”vmMainPage”>”

I have spend several hours to test all kinds of stuff but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas???

scotty Friend

A blank page generally means you have a PHP error. In this case probably caused by a misconfiguration.

If you go to your Joomla admin (Global config) and turn on Error Reporting you will now see an error where there was a blank page. Post the text of that error here.

mackay Friend

Thanks for your quick reply!
    This the error i get:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘=’, expecting ‘)’ in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/101385/webspace/httpdocs/joomla/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/payment/ps_paypal_api.php on line 1397

I looked up that line and it says:

[PHP]function getCartnvpstr( &$order_totals=array() ) {[/PHP]

mackay Friend

I have deleted the & now and it all seems to work.
    Strange how this can get there with a fresh install?!?!

Anyway thanks for the tip!

scotty Friend

As it happens I’ve just started a site myself using a fresh install of Virtuemart and I’ve also noticed errors with the PayPal Pro payment module.

Couple of things to remember…

Virtuemart is no longer being actively developed. Or at least has not been in a long time. This means it was built for older versions of PHP and older versions of PayPal API. It was always a little ‘buggy’ tbh. However, I find the support is reasonably good on their forums. Hopefully once Joomla 1.6 goes stable someone will continue VM’s development.

scotty Friend

Don’t forget to turn Error Reporting off again once you are finished development as it can cause a security threat if left enabled.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum