Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’ve just deployed a new site using JA Zite and cannot get the search module to display in the search position unless I also turn on the JA Social module. I was wanting to use another location for the social links. Any suggestions?

Site is crushvolleyball.com

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can have look at user guide about JA Zite template for reference here and find look 25 . Search Module, you can config to search module in search position.

aakelley Friend

Yep, followed the instructions there and configured like the screen shot showed exactly. I did notice that the search icon shows up when I am on my ipad on the site – but only the icon – no space to type. And it still won’t show up on the desktop at all.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Right now its difficult to guess the issue and give solution to you. If possible you can pm me URL of your site and admin access. I shall check it for you.

aakelley Friend

I found a fix that will work for me – I just put the search in the social position since I am not using that position for the social buttons (wanted them near the email subscription in the footer area).

The site is crushvolleyball.com.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I tried to access link your site but it took about 5 minutes to load and didn’t complete to load your site, all css styles on your site are broken and it’s so difficult to check the problem on your site:(.

lunarview22 Friend

I am experiencing the same issue. The Search box will not load in the Search position. It will load however in the Social position.

I’ve checked the template positions and the Search position is certainly present….but it just won’t load the Search module.

I’ve built many Joomla sites, so this is not a question of not knowing how to do it….there is some kind of issue here….

Anyone have any tricks or clues to make it work?

Thanks….

lunarview22 Friend

ok,, well there’s another issue. in the backend, the Search Module, under Search Button Image, it states that the image must be in the templates/images directory and it must be called searchbutton.gif

and yet, when i go to the Quickstart site, to copy across this image, and I go to the directory, there is no searchbutton.gif image, but there is a search-button.png

why? why the discrepancy?

i mean, i can figure out how to change everything, but why is it set up this way?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Just for better clarification, please include screenshot and your site URL here for further investigation. I shall help you out.

lunarview22 Friend

thanks…

site is heartofessentialhealing.com

first preference would be for the Search box to display in the Search module position

if that is not possible (!) then i would like to quickly and easily resize the search box so it sits flush and even with the search icon image….i got lost in the css trying to figure this out as per another thread i started

thanks….

1. search
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Your site is using Compress CSS and JS options from JA Zite Template, you can turn off them as follows:

+ Go to Admin site -> Extensions -> Template Manager -> JA Zite Template -> set Optimize CSS and Optimize JS to NO

Then, you can see css path on your site. I think the tweak below should help:

Open templates/ja_zite/css/layout-mobile-port.css file,

Change:

#ja-topbar #ja-social {
    margin-top: 0px !important;
    margin-bottom: 7px !important;
    margin-right: 118px !important;
    }

to:

#ja-social #mod-finder-searchword {
    width: 200px !important;
    }

#ja-topbar #ja-social {
    margin-top: 5px !important;
    margin-right: 50px !important;
    }

lunarview22 Friend

thanks very much for your assistance

that certainly sorts out the issue with the css….now makes perfect sense after turning off the compression

still the search module won’t display in the search module position, but the social position workaround works ok, so…..

Ninja Lead Moderator

If you wish to add search module into search position, you need following customisation:

Open templates/ja_zite/css/template.css file,

Find and replace:

#ja-search {
    bottom: 4px;
    border-left: solid 1px #222
    float: right;
    width: 20px;
    }

#ja-search .inputbox {
    background: #333
    float: left;
    color: #ddd
    width: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
    border: none;
    height: 0px;
    }

#ja-search .button {
    background: url(../images/search-button.png) no-repeat left top;
    width: 20px;
    height: 20px;
    border: none;
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
    font-size: 0px;
    text-indent: -9999em;
    cursor: pointer;
    margin-left: 5px;
    }

#ja-search .button:hover,
    #ja-search .button:focus,
    #ja-search .button:active {
    background-position: left bottom;
    }

form#searchForm {
    border-top: none;
    }

.searchintro {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd
    }

.results h4 {
    text-transform: none;
    font-size: 110%;
    }

.search fieldset {
    border: 1px solid #ccc
    margin: 15px 0;
    padding: 10px;
    }

.search legend {
    font-size: 100%;
    font-weight: bolder;
    line-height: 1.2;
    margin-left: 10px;
    }

.search .word label {
    vertical-align: top;
    margin-top: 3px;
    margin-right: 3px;
    display: inline-block;
    }

#advanced-search ul li {
    background: none;
    display: block;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    padding-left: 0px;
    }

#advanced-search ul li label {
    display: inline-block;
    margin-right: 5px;
    }

div.search-pages-counter {
    text-align: center;
    }

With:

#ja-search #mod-finder-searchword {
    width: 200px !important;
    }

#ja-topbar #ja-search {
    float: right;
    margin-top: 5px !important;
    margin-right: 50px !important;
    }

Hope it helps.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum