Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi – i cant get the search image (magnifying glass) to display nex to the search box… Can you please let me know how i can get this image to display? (the image file is: icon-search.gif)

Michael Casha Friend

Have you got a live url?

alexmnicholas Friend

hi – unfortunately it’s on a test server right now – but the problem is the same as i’ve seen on some other threads in this forum. The magnifying glass search icon just doesnt display for some reason… I can see the file name in the zip file for the template (icon-search.gif) – however it just doesnt display.

Many thanks,

Alex

alexmnicholas Friend

Hi – i’ve uploaded onto a test site: http://www.gary.nsiagroup.com/index.php

as you can see – the search image does not display for any of the colour variations… can you advise?

kashxo Friend

There’s some errors with your file, I’ve link directly to it and got this message
    <blockquote>The image “http://www.gary.nsiagroup.com/templates/ja_mageia/images/icon-search.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.</blockquote>
    Try to replace your icon-search.gif with this one and see the result.
    http://template.joomlart.com/ja_mageia/templates/ja_mageia/images/icon-search.gif

Hope it help.

primarywise Friend

I have the same problem with image not displaying. Also got the ‘contains errors’ message. Have replaced with the one suggested above and, although it will display when linking to it directly, it is still not showing on my site.

Any further ideas?

kashxo Friend

Or pls try this
    Open template_css.css go to line 1253 and you’ll see #ja-search
    replace the line
    <blockquote>background:transparent url(../images/icon-search.gif) no-repeat scroll left center;</blockquote>
    with this one
    <blockquote>background:transparent url(http://template.joomlart.com/ja_mageia/templates/ja_mageia/images/icon-search.gif) no-repeat scroll left center;</blockquote>
    Close all browse (clear all tempolary files) and reopen your site, see what happen. Tell me the result if success or not.

alexmnicholas Friend

Thank you so much! I followed your instructions above and the search image now displays!! Many thanks for your help!! 😀

kashxo Friend

Yeah, that’s mean you got the problem with the gif file, for long-term use, I would recommended you copy the gif file to some location on you site, and give the full url in the xxxxx below
    <blockquote>background:transparent url(xxxxx) no-repeat scroll left center; </blockquote>
    Anyway, it’s good hear it’s solved.

primarywise Friend

Unfortunately these instructions have not resolved my problem. I have tested in IE7, IE6, FireFox2, Safari and Camino and am still unable to get the image to display. I’m also slightly concerned to have to rely on a link to an external image, even if it did work :confused:

Regards

Chris

kashxo Friend

Can you give me your site’s URL, primarywise?

primarywise Friend

Hi again

I’ve resolved it …….

1. The original icon-search.gif provided in the template images folder is corrupt
    2. icon-search.gif is missing from the cyan, red and orange directories under templates/ja_mageia/images

I was using cyan as the default colour scheme. I’ve replaced icon-search.gif with that suggested earlier in the post and populated the colour choice directories with the same and all is now fine.

Definitely needs correcting as a bug-fix!

Kind regards

Chris

jkab Friend

The following images were also corrupt in my download:

images/checklist-bg.gif
    images/cyan/checklist-bg.gif
    images/orange/checklist-bg.gif

images/user-screen1.gif
    images/user-screen2.gif

images/v-sep.gif

(Don’t know if the user-screen pics are used though, seems like the png versions are used instead.)

woody Friend

I’ve checked these too and they’re corrupted on my download.

primarywise Friend

A couple of other image issues:

body-bg.jpg missing from cyan directory …. the file in there is actually a gif!
    arrow.png missing from cyan, red and orange directories

Really, we should expect better quality control than this! 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  primarywise 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum