Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Site in question: http://www.protouchjanitorial.co.uk

The product thumbnails for this site are all 140px x 140px and this is also set in Components -> Virtuemart -> configuration -> Site tab

As you can see from the site (or attached grab) the product thumbs are displaying too low down in the slider and featured product areas, although they are positioned well in a search result flypage.

Using CSS Edit and Firebug, I can see that there is a height of 77px as an inline style applied to the ‘product name Div’ and the ‘product image DIV’ (in both the slider area and featured products area) which, if reduced in value, seems to solve the problem.

Where is this value controlled globally for the site template (template css, or VM configurtion?) so I can make the necessary adjustments?

1. Picture-1
    Saguaros Moderator

You try to check the source code in this file:, each item use this layout: components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/common/productsnapshot.tpl.php

i saw many differences between the demo and your site :

Mine:
    [PHP]
    <?php if( !defined( ‘_VALID_MOS’ ) && !defined( ‘_JEXEC’ ) ) die( ‘Direct Access to ‘.basename(__FILE__).’ is not allowed.’ ); ?>

<?php if( $show_product_name ) : ?>
    <span style=”font-weight:bold;”><?php echo $product_name ?></span>
    <br />
    <?php endif; ?>

<a title=”<?php echo $product_name ?>” href=”<?php echo $product_link ?>”>
    <?php
    // Print the product image or the “no image available” image
    echo ps_product::image_tag( $product_thumb_image, “alt=””.$product_name.”””);
    ?>
    </a>
    <br />

<?php
    if( !empty($price) ) {
    echo $price;
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    if( !empty($addtocart_link) ) {
    $formid = uniqid(‘addtocart_’) ;
    ?>
    <br />
    <form action=”<?php echo $mm_action_url ?>index.php” method=”post” name=”<?php echo $formid;?>” id=”<?php echo $formid; ?>”>
    <input type=”hidden” name=”option” value=”com_virtuemart” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”page” value=”shop.cart” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”Itemid” value=”<?php echo ps_session::getShopItemid(); ?>” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”func” value=”cartAdd” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”prod_id” value=”<?php echo $product_id; ?>” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”product_id” value=”<?php echo $product_id ?>” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”quantity” value=”1″ />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”set_price[]” value=”” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”adjust_price[]” value=”” />
    <input type=”hidden” name=”master_product[]” value=”” />
    <input type=”submit” class=”addtocart_button_module” value=”<?php echo $VM_LANG->_(‘PHPSHOP_CART_ADD_TO’) ?>” title=”<?php echo $VM_LANG->_(‘PHPSHOP_CART_ADD_TO’) ?>” />
    </form>
    <br />
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    [/PHP]

dozza Friend

9802TienHC

Thanks for reply. I couldn’t work this out so I’ve started from scratch again. I downloaded the quickstart package and installed locally. However, it contains an outdated version of VM (1.1.2).

When I use JA Extension manager to upgrade to the latest version 1.1.5, it deletes all the images installed with the sample data. Once i discovered this and have restored the images and resizes to the correct directory, the thumbnails are still displaying too low down.

I then reinstalled the quickstart and totally removed the VM component and installed VM 1.1.5 myself, rather than patching the 1.1.2 version of VM you supply. The same things happens – even after doing a completely new install – the thumbnails are too low down. Can you try this your end and upgrading to 1.1.5 of VM and see what you get please.

When I have completed all the upgrades, my copy of components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/common/productsnapshot.tpl.php looks like the one attached, which is very different from the one you are showing above. I think this is where the problem is arising, but how do I end up with a totally different template file when doing a clean install?

Saguaros Moderator

You try to get the theme for the virtualmart component and use it on your site: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=956

Check this again,

If the issue is not fixed, pls provide the ftp account and the administrator account , i will check this issue

dozza Friend

Why are you pointing me to a JA Zeolite download?

dozza Friend

<em>@tienhc 205028 wrote:</em><blockquote>You try to get the theme for the virtualmart component and use it on your site: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=956
    </blockquote>

Not sure what you mean Tien. Can’t I use the VM theme that came with JA Larix?

I’ve noticed that my productsnapshot.tpl.php file has the following code that seems to set the thumbnail div height to 90px, and this is not altered even after updating the thumbnails size in admin/site to 140px (which has updated virtuenmart.cfg.php correctly):

<!-- The product image DIV. -->
    <div style="height:90px;width: 100%;float:left;margin-top:-15px;">
    <a title="<?php echo $product_name ?>" href="<?php echo $product_link ?>">
    <?php
    // Print the product image or the "no image available" image
    echo ps_product::image_tag( $product_thumb_image, "alt="".$product_name.""");
    ?>
    </a>
    </div>

Please could you look into this.

dozza Friend

TienHC

I have now duplicated the default Virtuemart theme and I’ve used the code you supplied above for my version of:

components/com_virtuemart/themes/mytheme/templates/common/productsnapshot.tpl.php

When I switch to my new custom VM theme the thumbnails are appearing in the correct position.

So it appears that, in upgrading from VM 1.2 (as supplied in the quickstart files by yourselves) to the latest version of VMart (1.17a for me), the productsnapshot.tpl.php file is updated and causes the problem.

You should make people aware of this, although I’m probably the only prson to have downloaded it in a year.

Still appreciate your feedback.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi,

We have updated the Meso, Zeo, Larix, Meso II and Zeo II for latest Vm version and is currently pending testing… thanks for the above issue report.. i will get it tested and fixed before releasing the latest versions of the templates. I am sure that this issue would be present in the other templates too.

Arvind

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum