Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi, i installed it and it’s working on IE 6. On IE 7, doesn’t roll. In Firefox, doesn’t roll too. I don’t have SEF enable. Check it:

http://www.wiikipedia.com.br

tks in advance

ha le-viet Developer

Hi Nelito,

The module has been conflicted with Smooth Gallery and because Smooth Gallery’s javascript has been compacted, I can not track the problem. Try to remove the component and check it again.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

nelitojunior Friend

Hi, i unistalled Smooth Gallery, removed the code from the Xenia, and JA News still do not rotate on Firefox 1.5 and IE 7. It rotates on explorer 6. But when you change the news, you have problems with Unicode. Words like “têm”, in portuguese, shows like this when you rotate: “t?lo”

I am using the new version, wich was supposed to be free of this problems. I think that there is also sth wrong.

ps: i do not use SEF and this is a brand new joomla instalation.

Tks for your help

ha le-viet Developer

Hi Nelito,

Your site has been set up with the live site ‘wiikipedia.com.br’ but you did test the site with ‘www.wiikipedia.com.br’ so the XMLHTTP object can not get response due to its security method (output must be from a same domain). If you test the site without the www, it’s gonna be fine.

Be sure to update all the file of the updated module (.js and .php files), the unicode problem will be gone.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

nelitojunior Friend

“Your site has been set up with the live site ‘wiikipedia.com.br’ but you did test the site with ‘www.wiikipedia.com.br’ so the XMLHTTP object can not get response due to its security method (output must be from a same domain). If you test the site without the www, it’s gonna be fine”<p>

Hi, how do i solve this? Because i don’t know how people will put the site’s name when browsing…

Tks a lot.

ha le-viet Developer

Hi Nelito,

It’s a common issue in Joomla! To solve it, try these steps:

1. Reset your live site to ‘www.wiikipedia.com.br’
    2. Redirect all links from ‘wiikipedia.com.br’ to ‘www…’ There will be a setting in your hosting control panel letting you do it. Ask your hosting provider for more information.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

ErikThorsen Friend

This is also sometimes set up in the configuration file ( configuration.php ) under your domain. Doublecheck that “live site” is set to http://www.yoursite.com and not yoursite.com

Good luck!

nelitojunior Friend

Hi,
    i changed the configuration and now it’s rolling on Explorer and Firefox. Uninstalled the old module, upgraded but i am still getting the unicode problem when it rolls.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nelitojunior 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum