Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Okay, so I have followed every step in the bug thread and made changes to lines when necessary. The Moofx option is set to “true” in the ja.moo.roller.config.js file, and yet the Moofx bar just will not show. I created my own jpg images to show instead of the default ones: will that have anything to do with it?

Second, I used JA Zibal previously on the site, and just switched for a new look to JA Regulus Extra today, expecting the layout to change. JA Zibal has one article at the top, and the next two alongside each other below that, wheras JA Regulus Extra, at least in the live demo, has the latest articles all listed below each other. I expected the site to change to how the live demo looks, but the layout is still the same that it was in JA Zibal: can I change it somehow?

Live site: http://brackenhurstbaptist.org/

schase Friend

So I take it then that this is an issue that cannot be resolved, or that no one wants to bother resolving?

schase Friend

Still no assistance, I see? Is this template too old to warrant such assistance?

schase Friend

Alright, if no one can help with the Moofx issue (or, apparently, with the layout issue), is there any way to make a static header image?

cwigg Friend

Hi – I saw that you, like I, was dissatisfied with support, so I had a look for you. I can see your problem using the firebug firefox add-on. You seem to be missing the moofx js file, or it’s installed in the wrong place:

http://brackenhurstbaptist.org/templates/ja_regulus_ex/scripts/moo.fx.pack.js

response:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN”>
    <HTML><HEAD>
    <TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
    </HEAD><BODY>
    <H1>Not Found</H1>
    The requested URL /templates/ja_regulus_ex/scripts/moo.fx.pack.js was not found on this server.<P>
    <P>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
    error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    <HR>
    <ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.36 Server at http://www.brackenhurstbaptist.org Port 80</ADDRESS>
    </BODY></HTML>

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Colin

schase Friend

It’s there when I click the link. And it certainly is there when I go there in my ftp client. What do you mean by using the firebug addon? I’ve never used that extension for Firefox?

cwigg Friend

About the expected changes when you changes template. Dont forget, the module positions and those actually used may change accross templates. Check the layout page (which is one of the more helpful pages on this site), such as here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja_regulus.html (page 2)

cwigg Friend

install firebug (yes it’s an ‘extension’, sorry) yourself and see. You’re right, when I linked direct to the js, it was found. It might be a manifestation of a permissions issue at your web hoster (it was in my case).

schase Friend

<em>@cwigg 19130 wrote:</em><blockquote>install firebug yourself and see. You’re right, when I linked direct to the js, it was found. It might be a manifestation of a permissions issue at your web hoster (it was in my case).</blockquote>

Okay, so did you then email your hosting provider? Did they know what to do to sort the problem out? My host has had to make some changes for me in the past: should I try emailing them?

cwigg Friend

<em>@schase 19131 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay, so did you then email your hosting provider? Did they know what to do to sort the problem out? My host has had to make some changes for me in the past: should I try emailing them?</blockquote>
    email them for sure, but how much confidence do you have in their support ? 😉
    they should be able to look at your logs and see the 404’s (indeed you might be able to do that)

ShannonN Friend

schase;19131Okay, so did you then email your hosting provider? Did they know what to do to sort the problem out? My host has had to make some changes for me in the past: should I try emailing them?

Mate I’d like to assist you with this moofx problem but I prolly need more info on what changes you have made what you have tried etc, please PM me and I’ll give you my personal email so we can get this resolved and the forum devs support ppl will be on your good list again 😀

Cheers ShannonN

cwigg Friend

You’re no longer getting the 404, but it’s still not working. Did you or your hoster change something? BTW, this did work for me, so keep at it, and I’m sure it will be resolved.

cwigg Friend

Hi – You have published the user5, user6, user7, user8, user9 modules haven’t you? These form the “input” to the roller. In my testing (when using this template) I used the default joomla random image modules in those positions.

schase Friend

<em>@cwigg 19225 wrote:</em><blockquote>You’re no longer getting the 404, but it’s still not working. Did you or your hoster change something? BTW, this did work for me, so keep at it, and I’m sure it will be resolved.</blockquote>
    I think you must have tried to access that file yesterday as I was deleting it and replacing it with the original one from the template. I replaced all the script files and image files with the originals to see if it would work. You must have just accessed it at the wrong time. Neither me nor my hoster changed anything else.

<em>@cwigg 19227 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi – You have published the user5, user6, user7, user8, user9 modules haven’t you? These form the “input” to the roller. In my testing (when using this template) I used the default joomla random image modules in those positions.</blockquote>
    Alright, here I have to say, “Huh?” :confused: I never changed any published modules. Not quite sure what you mean? I’ll have to have a look at the readme and see how to publish/unpublish modules. I’ll answer your question once I have a clue what you’re talking about! :-[

cwigg Friend

in the index.php of the template, you’ll see those user modules are referred to.
    line 138 onwards –
    <?php if ( mosCountModules(‘user5’) ) { ?>
    <div class=”roller”>
    <div class=”roller-inner roller-one”>
    <?php mosLoadModules ( ‘user5’,-2 ); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php if ( mosCountModules(‘user6’) ) { ?>
    <div class=”roller”>
    <div class=”roller-inner roller-two”>
    <?php mosLoadModules ( ‘user6’,-2 ); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php if ( mosCountModules(‘user7’) ) { ?>
    <div class=”roller”>
    <div class=”roller-inner roller-three”>
    <?php mosLoadModules ( ‘user7’,-2 ); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php if ( mosCountModules(‘user8’) ) { ?>
    <div class=”roller”>
    <div class=”roller-inner roller-four”>
    <?php mosLoadModules ( ‘user8’,-2 ); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

<?php if ( mosCountModules(‘user9’) ) { ?>
    <div class=”roller”>
    <div class=”roller-inner roller-five”>
    <?php mosLoadModules ( ‘user9’,-2 ); ?>
    </div>

In Joomla admin, go to module mananger, make 5 copies of the random image module, publish each one in user positions 5,6,7,8,9, then I’m sure it will work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cwigg 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum