Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody!
    After some month of work and many many changes i finally released this web site based on JA Mesolite: http://www.irtop.com

It should be a news/business portal and at the same time a presentation of the society.

The most important extesions used – and customised – on it are:
    – DocMan
    – JA News
    – Jom Comment

what do you think? possible improvements?

thanks!

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Good job. I like your site. Full of information and look professional. 🙂

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@spektra 115103 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello everybody!
    After some month of work and many many changes i finally released this web site based on JA Mesolite: http://www.irtop.com

It should be a news/business portal and at the same time a presentation of the society.

The most important extesions used – and customised – on it are:
    – DocMan
    – JA News
    – Jom Comment

what do you think? possible improvements?

thanks!</blockquote>

This is what I call some good work, you do not see it is JA Mesolite and still you work with a perfect set of files on the internal side. JA Templates become even better when some people wonna say, “Why did you use JA Mesolite, does not look like it no more…”.

Great work, finally something really unique, something unique made out of a common template.;)

TomC Moderator

<em>@wooohanetworks 115110 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is what I call some good work, you do not see it is JA Mesolite and still you work with a perfect set of files on the internal side. JA Templates become even better when some people wonna say, “Why did you use JA Mesolite, does not look like it no more…”.

Great work, finally something really unique, something unique made out of a common template.;)</blockquote>
    Not much more I can add to this . . . I agree wholeheartedly.

AMAZING customization – EXCELLENT WORK !!!

Aratype Friend

Bravo !

This is really a very professional, well constructed, work that correspond to the Financial World requirement.

I do not understand Italian, however, from my French I can understand that not only the portal is excellent but also the content…

I like how you put PDF files for your clients, how you interact with them… I will consider your site as a standard for excellent job and I will be happy if, one day, I find an error…

All the best…

===============
    Tested with FF and IE on Win XP

spektra Friend

:-[Thanks very much for your good words! :-[

On the design and template side It was really an hard tweaking job, and i think it was worth of it. my customer wanted something personal but had really confused ideas on what and how. And, beside that, the idea of a common society-website-profile bulked in with a news and document portal was quite problematic at the beginning.
    So we spended much time on finding the best solution for a good looking but usable design. And we come up with that…

Working with professional template is a great advantage when developing a web site, thanks to an already cleaned up css and html. and joomlarts ones are the best in terms of possibility given to a web developer to tweak (not much js, clear structure of files, etc)

And joomla is just great.

sunrise Friend

Very nice site. It give the professional look. Like you said, all the hard work paid off.

What do you use for the pop-up that comes when the site loads? I’d like to try it on something. Is there a way to make the pop-up come only when you first access the site and not every time you go back to the front page?

Also I noticed on the to[p of the front page, there are pictures of 3 cities, with address and email. The emails are newyork@…. and london@…. but for Milan it is info@….. Maybe it is supposed to be that way, but I just thouhgt I would point it out. Aslo if you had the address and email as text in stread of picture it could be used for a link.

Anyway, you did a great job. Well done!

jsliao Friend

nice work!

I was like “What? This is Mesolite?!?”

LOL

spektra Friend

<em>@sunrise 115576 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    What do you use for the pop-up that comes when the site loads? I’d like to try it on something. Is there a way to make the pop-up come only when you first access the site and not every time you go back to the front page?
    !</blockquote>
    I used a ja highslide module, without text and without title, so that it doesen’t appear in the page, and with “event type” set to “load body”, so that load up when the page is loaded. But unfortunately it isnt possible to set it up to run just once.

<em>@sunrise 115576 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Also I noticed on the to[p of the front page, there are pictures of 3 cities, with address and email. The emails are newyork@…. and london@…. but for Milan it is info@….. Maybe it is supposed to be that way, but I just thouhgt I would point it out. Aslo if you had the address and email as text in stread of picture it could be used for a link.</blockquote>
    Well the customer wanted it just like this…i couldnt do anything about it 🙂

<em>@sunrise 115576 wrote:</em><blockquote>Anyway, you did a great job. Well done!</blockquote>
    thanks!

ciao

matjkd Friend

It is a really nice site. though I’m getting an issue with the menu at the top in Firefox 3, in that I can’t see the dropline menus fully, just the top couple of pixels of the letters when you rollover the main menu items. Its as if the main body is covering it and should be moved down about 12 pixels or so.. is anyone else seeing this?

spektra Friend

I use firefox3 as well…but i’m not experiencing this issue. can you please send me a screenshot of this?
    I checked the css, and i really dont know how it can happen…

thanks!

matjkd Friend

I’ve uploaded a screenshot here..

http://www.redstudiohosting.co.uk/Screenshot.png

hopefully this can be of help..

spektra Friend

I think that the problem comes from the differences between the rendering of a web page in firefox running on windows and on linux (i had no idea that this was an issue).

In particular it seems that the search bar comes down like it has no padding setted up, or that the font changed, “pushing” down the search bar. that makes all the divs underneath going down.

Although the customer of the web site are never running linux (as come from the web statistics), i will try to fix it as soon as i get a linux workstation (from here is really hard to understand what is the issue and if it is fixed after changes).

matjkd Friend

yeah thats the only thing I can think of too.. I didn’t think it would be an issue either as I thought firefox was firefox no matter what it ran on!

its a minefield building websites!!! let me know if you ever work out what the issue is exactly.

I have just noticed when i change to english everything seems to be in the right place.. if that helps narrow it down.

Aratype Friend

Though I’m getting an issue with the English version: when I want to return back to Italian I have the message: Not Found
    The requested URL /www.irtop.com was not found on this server.

and the link point to:
    http://www.irtop.com/www.irtop.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Aratype 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum