Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Go to this File: /templates/purity_iii/css/template.css

Add this code

.page-masthead .container { width: 100% !important; }

If this doesn’t work. please post your site Url

johnnys Friend

Hey, thanks

No doesn’t work. It’s a local install so can’t post url.

That css didn’t seem to make any difference at all.

johnnys Friend

<em>@johnnys 413102 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey, thanks

No doesn’t work. It’s a local install so can’t post url.

That css didn’t seem to make any difference at all.</blockquote>

Apologies, after a Ctr+F5 refresh – the masshead is now full width 🙂 Thank you!

However, the masshead below is also full width? Have I made a global change by doing this? I really just wanted to once masshead to be full width.

Thanks again

dlonra22 Friend

<em>@Chavan 413089 wrote:</em><blockquote>Go to this File: /templates/purity_iii/css/template.css

Add this code

.page-masthead .container { width: 100% !important; }

If this doesn’t work. please post your site Url</blockquote>

Hey I would like to remove or reduce the white space between the masthead and the slide. Can you help?? here is a link to my test page http://79.170.44.83/arnibus.com/index.php/en/

johnnys Friend

<em>@dlonra22 440923 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey I would like to remove or reduce the white space between the masthead and the slide. Can you help?? here is a link to my test page http://79.170.44.83/arnibus.com/index.php/en/</blockquote>

Do you mean the white bar between the top yellow?

If so, change your padding – its currently set to;

.corporate .slideshow {
    background: #f7f7f7
    border-bottom: 1px solid #eeeeee
    padding: 40px 0;
    }

change it to

.corporate .slideshow {
    padding: 0px 0;
    }

Add it to your custom.css file

J

dlonra22 Friend

<em>@johnnys 440941 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you mean the white bar between the top yellow?

If so, change your padding – its currently set to;

.corporate .slideshow {
    padding: 40px 0;
    }

change it to

.corporate .slideshow {
    padding: 0px 0;
    }

Add it to your custom.css file

J</blockquote>

This did not work. as although they are the right classes to be edited for some reason the custom css is not overiding the class. can you point me to where this class is located for purity 3. I see its located in templates/css/layouts corporate.css but editing this had no effect either. I have cleared the cache and all.

Thanks.

chavan Friend

<em>@dlonra22 440923 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey I would like to remove or reduce the white space between the masthead and the slide. Can you help?? here is a link to my test page http://79.170.44.83/arnibus.com/index.php/en/</blockquote>

your site looks pretty good and I don’t see any white space between the masshead and slide. please confirm again or post a screenshot

johnnys Friend

<em>@dlonra22 440970 wrote:</em><blockquote>This did not work. as although they are the right classes to be edited for some reason the custom css is not overiding the class. can you point me to where this class is located for purity 3. I see its located in templates/css/layouts corporate.css but editing this had no effect either. I have cleared the cache and all.

Thanks.</blockquote>

0px padding seems to have worked 🙂

No more white space – must have been your cache.

J

dlonra22 Friend

<em>@Chavan 441025 wrote:</em><blockquote>your site looks pretty good and I don’t see any white space between the masshead and slide. please confirm again or post a screenshot</blockquote>

Many thanks. What actually worked was editing the corporate.css file and toggling development mode on and off. Although I cleared the cache using the custom.css method, when I inspected element the new css I had created in that file was present but cancelled out. The 40px was implemented in a duplicate css above. No amount of tinkering helped this, including deleting the browser history and reloading the test site. From this it seems corporate.css cannot be overriden via custom.css. or do I have to have another custom.css file within that folder?

Anyway many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Best regards,

Arnibus Roboticus

johnnys Friend

It was most likely the development mode option using the less css rather than the custom css.

Read about it here http://t3-framework.org/documentation/t3-settings.html#global-setting

Good luck

chavan Friend

Do you both have issues on this ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 9 years, 8 months ago.

The topic ‘Masshead/Slideshow size’ is closed to new replies.