Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Today I am very honored to introduce to all of you our new JA moderator – Scotty

With 696 thanks in his profile, Scotty needs no introduction regarding his helping skills. Its a Pleasure to provide Scotty with new enhanced role at Ja Forums.

Let’s welcome Scotty and discover more about his normal life, his dedication to Joomla & JoomlArt community and why he is a good match for the position of JA moderator.

1. Hi, can you introduce us a little about you? How did you get your nickname? Where do you live and do you like your place?

6’3″ and 34 years old. My second name is Scott so I’ve always been called Scotty. I live in a town called Drogheda in the Republic of Ireland, but I’m originally from a small village just north of Dublin city. 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I’m the eldest.

2. How and when did you meet Joomla and JoomlArt?

Hmmm, I think I first came across Joomla on wikipedia while looking for a CMS. This was around the time of the 1.5 template contest on Joomla.org and that’s how I first heard of Joomlart.

3. Have you used other CMS? Why you choose Joomla? What do you like best in Joomla?

A long time after I started using Joomla I did try Drupal and WordPress out but I prefer Joomla. What I like about it is it’s so easy to learn and customise and the support and availability of extensions is brilliant.

4. There are a lot of Joomla template providers out there, why is JoomlArt your decision?

JA Larix. I was looking for a shopping template and Larix caught my eye. Still think it’s a great template. I like the mix of templates at JoomlArt. Many of the other clubs seem to stick to a particular style where as JoomlArt has a site for all occasions.

5. And what template do you think it’s best in JA portfolio up to now?

It changes from week to week. Sometimes when I look back at the old ones I think how great they still are. Cooper and Mesolite are two of my favs and of course, Teline III is awesome.

6. If you were the Leader of JA team, what is the first you thing you want to change in the templates, extensions?

Not a lot really. I think JoomlArt are the No1 template club because of the standard of template they have always released so if it’s not broke – don’t fix it. I think a Module suffix guide with each template would be good move.

7. What kind of the design you wanna to see in the coming time?

I’d love to see a template released that concentrates heavily on SEO. The key to a successful website is the quality of the content, not how many parameters the slideshow has or how many module suffix are available. Members, including myself, often forget this.

8. Why do you want to be JA forum’s moderator?

I like helping people and I like to see the forum being kept neat and tidy πŸ˜›

9. How do you plan to balance your full time work and supporting at JA forum as a moderator?

I spend most of my working time on at a PC anyway so I’m usually in and out of the forum many times a day.

10 Are you keen on any type of soft drinks while you are at keyboard? Do you smoke? πŸ˜›

Coca-Cola and I do smoke. Trying to quit both at the moment.

11. What do you do at your free time? Any special hobbies?

I used to play Rugby and handball – not so much these days. Photography, graphic design, CGI and I’m trying to learn PHP at the moment.

12. What is your current employment status (what do you do)?

I make kitchens for hotels, restaurants, and pubs etc. Well, I don’t physically make them myself anymore. I’m more of a Project Manager now. My time is split between a company I work for and a company I own. We’ve been hit hard by the recession and are now trying to break into the UK market.

13. What would you name as the achievement you are most proud of in your life to date?

My two kids. A girl and a boy aged 6 and 4.

14. And finally, how about your marital status? Are you on date? Do you mind telling something about her?

With Tara for 8 years, she’s a home care assistant and she runs a lingerie e-shop in her spare time.

Wishing you all the best for your new role.

Hung Dinh

————————————————————————

Also read the Interview with Bennitos and Phil Luckhurst, our other two new Moderators.

————————————————————————

cgc0202 Friend

Thanks for all the help, Scotty. — Cornelio

mihirc Friend

Congrats Scotty!

Mihir.

questbg Friend

Great News! Congratulations Scotty … well deserved and I thank you for all you input here and assistance personally.

hariorama Friend

very good decision, congratulations:)

scotty go for it!!!

santoshalom Friend

Congratulations Scotty

zipper Friend

Also good luck with moderating Scotty.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Congrats Scotty,

well deserved, you are an asset to JA Community. Thanks for all the help.

Arvind

Michael Casha Friend

Congrats Scotty, and welcome!

Phill Moderator

Keep up the good work Scotty

scotty Friend

Ty for all the positive comments guys. Much appreciated.

bennitos Friend

Keep up the good work Scotty! πŸ™‚ Im sure you will master php in no-time aswell πŸ™‚

wiery Friend

Congrats! It is about time all of you become more than just active posting members. You all answer quite a lot of posts.

we2solutions Friend

Congratulations Scotty

2Patrick Friend

YOu had helped me once so I remember your name !

But I am a bit afraid of you – with a nick name like “Scotty ” ..just hope you dont bark or bite me !
    Congrats all the same and best wishes on your new appointment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  2Patrick 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum