Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’ am building a brand new clean site, I have an online demo. All the blog view categories are looking how it should, only one is tricky, here is an example:
    1. this is how it shoul look : http://www.medicalstudent.ro/demo/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=4
    2 this is the error i was talking abou: http://www.medicalstudent.ro/demo/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=23 ;

As you can see, the modules from the right of the page are moving somwhere down, under the main colon of the site, scroll down the page and you’ll see all the right and left modules situated in a wrong way.

I changed the category name(“Chirurgie”), I moved all the articles from that category in a brand new section/category, the same error, I disabled the jazin plugin, i manually created brand new menu’s from the same categories and sections, that category gives the same error in blog view.

Can you help me with this error?
    And…why this teline 2 template has so slow loading pages?

Thank you!

andreipopel Friend

ok, there is a major problem for my template, I cannot use this template for my official site and I must upgrade soon, can you help me? pls!

the same problem keep apearing in other categories in category blog view at diferent pages

andreipopel Friend

later post:

the database I used for this site is brand new, I manually copied all the articles in a new 1.5 joomla install then tried the Teline 2 template. This error shows up in more than 5 categories(blog view) even on my wamp-localhost, even on server installs…

could be a databse problem? i watched other sites using Teline 2 and didn-t see that error

andreipopel Friend

I found that if i delete the /templatesja_teline_iihtmlcom_content folder…the problem disapers; of course, after deleting all the files..more problems apear, like images not resized and the disapearing of the demarcation lines between articoles in blog view(all this problems are no trouble because i restored the com_content files). This means only one thing, my problem with the modules is somewhere in the php code in one of the files from the html/com_content folder

I do not know coding, can you help me with this?

Later edit:
    -my initial problem is in the templatesja_teline_iihtmlcom_contentcategory/
    – if I delete blog_item.php ..the blog view looks normal with no left and right modules floating in the main column but with other functions altered(it’s an important file in any case)
    – what should I change in this file or in blog.php?

Yeap, blog_item.php and blog.php, can someone help me with this?

felsimedia Friend

You could have pasted some articles directly from MS word or other source document.

We always use notepad to paste plain text.

What you do is to unpublish the latest articles you posted before that thing happened. Or, edit the latest articles and repaste a pure text content without any formats. When you solve the problem, then you may continue modifying them.

There’s nothing wrong with your site. I think it is a joomla issue.
    Goodluck!

andreipopel Friend

wow, I paste over 1000 articles in one week from a migrated joomla content because it gave me tons of errors. now…I must take it from the begining?:))

If I use the joomla default blog_item.php there are no errors with my layout, only with image resize and other Teline 2 specific functions. I worked all day and it seems it’s something with <div id=”jazin” class=”clearfix” in blog.php from teline/html/com_content. If I modify some of the source code in that document the layout is normal, only the columns are going crazy. Something must be…

Ok, and if there is a problem with copy/paste content for over 1000 articles…what shoul I do..?

Thank you very much!

mj1256 Friend

you need to edit each article iniovidully to fix it. the issue may have been there on the old templat, but not noticed becuase of the with of the cotent are and columns in the old template.

I just went through this yesterday. Things we over laping and moving into the wrong positions

the causes were
    copying content from word in to joomla editor, as stated above, you need to convert to plain text using notepad or textpad

images were to big, make sure the images are smaller width wise that the content ares width

image alignment was incorrect, they used the image editor align ment for centering ot the image on the page, the image editor alignment is for text around the image, not the image itself

tried to use word style spacing for characters which conflicted with the styel sheet.

websites use html, word uses sgml, they are different markup languages, and html just is not as flexible as sgml.

if any of the above is done in a module the same issues will happen which will also make your modules and columns move to the wrong positions

andreipopel Friend

Thank you, the layout error is gone when I edit some of the articles. Now..I must edit all 1000+
    It.s interesting that if I am using the joomla’s default blog_item.php and blog.php instead of the same files from the Teline 2 template, there is no layout error.

When I am editing joomla content I use always Opera 9.2.. It seems to me that word formating is gone when I paste in Opera. In this new site I edited/paste some content in IE7 and ..the rest you know it. It should write big somewhere how to paste content in joomla. Is there a plugin to strip idiot code out of joomla content?

One more silly question: I have a text in notepad, with paragrafs bloks, it.s ok, readable, aligned..etc. When I paste into WYSIWYG editor I get my sentences on one row, one text row free(space), another sentence, again a lot of space…kinda’ anoying and yet…stupid.. but I’ll go crazy if I do text repairs in 1000 articles. Is there something I don’t know about that simple Notepad editor?

Thank you for your help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  andreipopel 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum