Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

This is more of general question, but for me it is really important. In the past, Joomlart were supporting major third party extensions like VirtueMart, K2, JomSocial etc.

In the last months, I see that JA are dropping support of K2 and are pushing towards “EasyBlog”. Also offering support for other extensions like Mijowhatever. I am heavy K2 user and my concerns are quite simple:
    – I don’t like EasyBlog and I am never going to use it. Of course this is just me, most of the others may love it.
    – I am never going to use Mijoanything as the developer is probably the worst person to work with in the whole Joomla! world. Again, of course this is just my opinion.

I am just a single customer and it is not my business to tell you how to do yours. But I want to have some understanding about your future plans on supporting 3rd party extensions. Let’s say it that way: give us some statement what to expect in 2014?
    – Are you going to offer K2 in your templates in 2014?
    – Are you going to offer JomSocial in your templates in 2014?
    – Do you have any other plans to work with other 3rd party extensions?

It is more matter of communication in order to know what to expect.

Thank you in advance.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Visigod,

I appreciate your frank feedback. We have supported k2 for years in our templates, yes it is true that for the past 6-8 months K2 is no longer a regular feature in our templates.

Let me answer your questions :

– Are you going to offer K2 in your templates in 2014?

Not on a monthly basis, selective templates over the year may have K2 support on the merit of template concept and requirements.

– Are you going to offer JomSocial in your templates in 2014?

Yes, we do have plan to release atleast one new JomSocial template this year but all our other templates should run fine with JomSocial. One of the reason why we did not release new template with JomSocial is the bootstrap conflicts, they use a customized version of bootstrap. I am in touch with Merav and her team and have expressed our desire to come up with one good JomSocial template for this year.

– Do you have any other plans to work with other 3rd party extensions?

Yes, we are in touch with extension developers and team has been testing out few extensions including EasySocial and Jevents. We would be preferring extensions for which we can expect good support from the developer.

for example, Denis CEO of Mijosoft has extended full support for the template and is even available to reply on this forum if the issue is from his extension. So is the case with stackideas team, the troubleshooting is faster and quality is maintained.

If you have any specific extension in mind that we should try, let me know.

Regards

Arvind

VisiGod Friend

Thanks, very useful insights

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  VisiGod 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum