Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Okay, so I’m using the new Joomla 1.5. And, I just downloaded the update JA Purity Template. Every installs fine and works. Except, that when I try to modify the template settings through the template manager. I get this error code. Please help me. Other seem to have this same problem, but no one seems to be able to provide a clear resolution.

My web url is: http://www.liberty-patritos.org

Details
    Name: JA_Purity
    Description: JA Purity designed by JoomlArt.com: highly accessible, elegant and easy template customization

Menu Assignment
    Menus: Cannot assign Default Template

Parameters The Parameter-File /templates/ja_purity/params.ini is Writable!

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/liberty5/public_html/temporary1/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 145

panzerknacker Friend

I am also experiencing the exact same problem, except the error occurs on line 146 rather than 145. I can not access the template properties, this happens on a clean installation of Joomla 1.5

Cannot access empty property in /home/secrets2/public_html/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 146

mattrog Friend

I am getting exactly the same fault (line 146)

fresh install

Any ideas?

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi all,
    You will not be able to assign a template to a menu if that is the default template.
    You will get the same error with other template, eg: Beez

J! should have a better error notice for this.

jwatlu Friend

HD,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the menu assignments part now.

But, even if I switch the default template, I still cannot change the parameters. I still get the same error. Got any ideas about how to fix that?

mattrog Friend

Hi

Yep i am still getting the same fault

I didn’t spot the menu bit above when i posted last

– all i was trying to do was assign purity to my default template (worked fine shows up on site)
    – But when i click edit – i get the error message about line 146

Just wondering if it could be host problem – i might be oversimplifying but both of the above errors (and others i have seen elsewhere) all have the same file structure

/home/xxxxxx/public_html/libraries/joomla .... etc

Don’t suppose you other guys are on siteground’s servers are you ?

Matt

jwatlu Friend

<em>@mattrog 38350 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

Don’t suppose you other guys are on siteground’s servers are you ?

Matt</blockquote>

Uh…actually…I am. And, now that I think about it, I remember reading a post a long while back (before the current releases of Joomla 1.5 and JA Purity) in which someone suggested that this error may be a server side issue. Maybe, we should contact siteground. Their customer service is usually pretty good. Maybe they can help us figure this thing out. Good observation Matt.

mattrog Friend

Have put in a ticket in to siteground (took an age to find out how to submit it….)

will post here when i get a reply

Matt

mattrog Friend

FIXED ! …..

Siteground said:

<blockquote>We have checked the template and it seems that it was not installed completely. I have set a new installation for you and this seems to have fixed the issue.</blockquote>

….

I did try to reinstall the template before – that didn’t appear to fix it

I do now have it listed twice on my template page – I am new to Joomla though so i don’t know if that’s odd or not ….

Unfortunately this is my test site – hopefully it will work on my new site …

jwatlu Friend

Attention Siteground & JA Purity Users.

Here’s the latest. Apparently, the JA Purity Template does not work well with Siteground’s default PHP version 5.0.5. You must upgrade to 5.2.4. in order to be able to change the template parameters. Here’s what their support team told me:

<blockquote>

The default PHP version for your account was se to 5.0.5 and it seems that this template is not working well with it.

I had to change the default PHP version for your hosting account to 5.2.4. I defined that in the public_html/.htaccess file. This fixed the problem.

For more information how you will be able to re-define the PHP version for your entire hosting account or per folder, please check the following URL:

http://kb.siteground.com/article/How_to_have_different_Php__MySQL_versions.html
    </blockquote>

Hope this is helpful to all who have been googling for answers.

Enjoy!

JWatLU

Michael Casha Friend

Thanks for the post jwatlu, that helps a lot!

bigrk Friend

Moved thread. Posted to notify users.

realaxe Friend

I am having the same problem
    PHP 5.2.6
    PHP is run as CGI (not Apache/DSO) in a suPHP environment

I am a little bit lost now

Really appreciate any help

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  realaxe 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum