Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to find a solution for the JA News Validation errors.

I do seem to have narrowed the problem down to the mod_janews.php file, but I don’t know how to tweak the code.

It’s generating the & symbol without the & in front of task, as seen below from the source code.

<span class=”article_seperator”> </span><div class=”ja-newscatwrap”><div class=”ja-newsblock clearfix”>
    <div class=”ja-newsitem” style=”width: 100%;”><div class=”ja-newsitem-inner” style=”width:100%;”>
    <a href=”index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=17&Itemid=80″ class=”ja-newscat” title=”Recommended Reading”><span>Recommended Reading</span></a>
    <div class=”ja-newscontent”>

The code from the file is attached below here:

echo “<div class=”ja-newsitem{$modStyle[$l][‘class’]}” style=”width: {$modStyle[$l][‘width’]};”><div class=”ja-newsitem-inner” style=”width:{$modStyle[$l][‘subwidth’]};”>n”;
    if($catorsec && $showcattitle){
    echo “<a href=”$link” class=”ja-newscat” title=””.trim(htmlentities($rows[0]->catdesc, ENT_QUOTES, $current_charset)).””><span>{$rows[0]->cattitle}</span></a>n”;
    }
    else if($showcattitle){
    echo “<a href=”$link” class=”ja-newscat” title=””.trim(htmlentities($rows[0]->secdescription, ENT_QUOTES, $current_charset)).””><span>{$rows[0]->sectitle}</span></a>n”;
    }

If you can spot how I could fix that I would appreciate it, and I will also keep looking in the forum; I’m sure the answer is here somewhere if I could just find it ;o)

The site is http://www.money-mastermind-gym-club.com/

Thanks in advance,
    Tracy

kashxo Friend

Hello trraacy,
    I have view your site and found that you are using JA Drimia template. I check and found that there is no errors like you’ve mentioned.
    Have you already fixed it or am I miss something?

trraacy Friend

Thanks for your quick reply.

Maybe I wasn’t very clear in my post.

The template is working fine – I LOVE it! :-*

What’s happening though is that something – and I think it’s that module – is causing W3C validation errors.

It’s producing the ampersand as just the symbol – & – which is invalid for XHTML 1.0 – instead of – & – which is valid.

I can’t find where that’s being generated, and I was hoping you would be able to tell me.

thanks again,
    Tracy

trraacy Friend

<em>@trraacy 37191 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your quick reply.

What’s happening though is that something – and I think it’s that module – is causing W3C validation errors.

It’s producing the ampersand as just the symbol – & – which is invalid for XHTML 1.0 – instead of – & – which is valid.

I can’t find where that’s being generated, and I was hoping you would be able to tell me.

thanks again,
    Tracy</blockquote>

Here…
    <a href=”index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id =17&Itemid=80″ class=”ja-newscat” title=”Recommended

trraacy Friend

<em>@trraacy 37192 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here…
    <a href=”index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id =17&Itemid=80″ class=”ja-newscat” title=”Recommended</blockquote>

This is starting to get irritating.

The templates are advertised as valid and it’s not validating.

If you don’t know what the solution is, please at least say THAT.

:((

I’ve gone from being a very happy customer to being on the verge of encourage people not to do business with you.

Please advise,
    t

Michael Casha Friend

I’m looking into this for you now

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@trraacy 37191 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your quick reply.

thanks again,
    Tracy</blockquote>
    It all seems to use &

Menalto Friend

Any solution? Template error or Joomla itself or module?

trraacy Friend

<em>@Menalto 38744 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any solution? Template error or Joomla itself or module?</blockquote>

As I’ve said before, the problem seems to be with the JA News module.

If you use http://validator.w3.org/ you can rapidly spot where the errors are occurring.

If I unpublish the JA News module, they disappear.

The problem is still unresolved.

TIA,
    t

trraacy Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 38710 wrote:</em><blockquote>It all seems to use &</blockquote>

It doesn’t; please see below.

Michael Casha Friend

It seems to, but then convert to &?? That’s weird, it’s something kashxo needs to checkout I think.

Michael Casha Friend

Buzz, can a JA Staff Member please check this out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum