Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello guys, Im using Teline IV for joomla 1.5 and JA-News front page 1.4.1

he JA News fp works great when used in the main front page (default) front page, so when you click any article shown on the module, this will take you to see only the contents of the shosen article.

I try to replicate the module to be shown in other menu items than just the *default home menu item.

but notice that when I click any article, it takes me to the chosen article contents, but also shows the news fp module in a diferent way on the top.. (this is what I dont want)

I want the module to show only on the menu item, where is suposed to be shown., not on every menu item I include on the module as articles..

this is some wired code I get when I click one article
    ); $$(‘.ja-zincontent-wrap’).removeClass(‘hide’).removeClass(‘show’); }); /* ]]> */

Sherlock Friend

<em>@rcerrato 303633 wrote:</em><blockquote>

but notice that when I click any article, it takes me to the chosen article contents, but also shows the news fp module in a diferent way on the top.. (this is what I dont want)

</blockquote>

Hi rcerrato,

When the links took you to the chosen article contents you should notice the menu item you were on,it might stayed on the same menu item that why you still seeing the module show up , you can just create a new menu item which point to that chosen article contents and do not assign the module to display under that new menu item.

Rusell Cerrato Friend

thanks Dat! this solved the issue, however, I had to make a little adjustment to the new menu item you sugested me..
    instead of assign the article to that new menu item, I changed the type from Article Leyaut, to Article category blog.. so, when my customer creates new articles on that category to be shown on the JA News FP module, he or me, will not be required to “create” a new menu item and assig the article on it..

Works just great.!

here are steps.

1. make sure you have a “non displayed menu” or create a new and create a menu item
    2. assign “Article – Category blog” as menu option type and assign the article category where JA News FP module are to be shown
    3. make sure the JA News FP module is not being displayed on that new menu option.
    4. thats it
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rusell Cerrato 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum