Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I do have 2.5.0 version of JA News Featured module (not the latest 2.5.1) on my Teline IV J2.5 website (http://www.ecars.bg).

I use telineiv theme settings in the module and I do have Autoplay setting on – but the autoplay feature simply does not work so I’d like some advise on what could be the problem that stops it working (like possibly JS issue or so).

Thanks ahead

Martin

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Martin,

After changing settings, did you clean all the cache, T3 cache and disable cache in advanced settings of this module? If this isse still persists, please try to upgrade to the latest version of this moudle.

obliat Friend

Thanks for your reply Saguaros,

I forgot to mention the main issue – module does not allow me to make changes – hitting Apply or Save produces red NO_PERMISSION. I’ve red in some other thread there’s a problem with the module and php mod to fix it, but haven’t tried it. OK let’s try 2.5.1 and I’ll report.

obliat Friend

Upgraded to 2.5.1 – cleared all – and it’s a mess – all pics from the module disappeared (frontend) and under Theme settings Autoplay settings also disappeared (backend). I Rolled it back – is there a way to fix this. Should I create a ticket?

Weird thing is that after rollbackto 2.5.0. it no longer shows Autoplay setting at all (I use telineiv Profile and Theme option).

Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,

If possible, PM me admin and FTP account, I shall check this for you.

obliat Friend

Hi, yes, absolutely – PM sent – thanks a lot 🙂

Saguaros Moderator

Hi obliat,
    When I tried to make change in your JA New Featured, I’m noticed in Firebug that modules/mod_janews_featured/admin/helper.php file couldn’t be executed. It produced 500 Internal Server Error.

Please ask you hosting provider to add permission which allows to execute this file.

obliat Friend

They have just replied they changed permissions to 644 (from 777) – Not sure this makes sense, but see if it’s OK. I’m using Firebug as well, but would you tell me how to catch errors like this with it. Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Suppose that you have Firebug available in your browser, you can view error from Firebug: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cli0i8dmY

obliat Friend

Thanks, I see now. But what else can I do – hosting guy just changed permissions on the felper file and that’s it? It still gets aborted, but it’s beyong my knowledge to find the reason 🙁

Saguaros Moderator

It seems that you can change settings for backend of this module now, right?

obliat Friend

Once I hit Apply at first it displays NO_PERMISSION at the top. And there is no Auto Play fields at all – I had them before I tried to upgrade. Then once I updated module stopped showing pictures – I rolled back – and now Auto play settings (fot teline iv profile and theme) are gone.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi again,

I’ve accessed backend of this module in your site and seen that Auto-play param display there. Have you handled it?

obliat Friend

Weird, I do have an issue with my own user settings obviously – I am the site owner and have the top access, but once I used the service account I provided to you, I can save the module without getting NO_PERMISSION short message and I can see the Auto Play settings. Now the question is why Auto Play is not working :laugh:

obliat Friend

Actually it turned out to be an error in the /admin/helper.php file – I found this thread. Big thanks to thuanlq – now NO_PERMISSION is gone.

Now I need to find why Auto Play is not working for me. I will disable all other JS plugins and test. If not, it may be an issue with the module.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  obliat 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum